Hello, My Name is Kirsten and I have a Blue Problem

Before I started learning about Interior Design I mostly assumed I was a “warm colors” person. Reds, Yellows and Oranges. The more I study and research the more I am drawn to all things Blue. To me Blue goes with any color. Blue is electric and calming and overall one of my new best friends when it comes to Design. Enjoy some of these pictures and maybe you too will come to form a good relationship with my favorite color.
See here how blue is electric! Blue and White are so soothing together. Throw in some tan or beige and you have a great color combination.
I love light blue walls and white molding. And who would have thought it would look so good with the Green Chaise and black and white pillows.
This room reminds me of being underwater.

Love the Blue Sofa

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those blue ottomans. I am obsessed with them. My birthday is next month so you can keep them in mind.

Light blue and red are so pretty.

Look how good the light blue looks with pink. I’m not sure about that crazy chair but I guess it could work.

One word. LOVE!!!

Sarah Jessica Parker’s house in the Hamptons. That blue light fixture is just popping out of the picture!

Not only is this a great picture but it is a great idea.

So much blue so little time.

all pictures via Domino, Elle Decor and Flickr

, , ,

6 Responses to Hello, My Name is Kirsten and I have a Blue Problem

1. Leslie Monday, June 23, 2008 at 3:40 am #

love rooms 2 and 4. great pics!

2. KJ Monday, June 23, 2008 at 9:14 pm #

have always loved blues. Struggling to make it work in my new house with mildew colored walls. The color wouldn’t be so bad if I owned any accessories to complement it, but everything I have it blue! Paint color: Garden Wall by Behr. Check it out next time you are at Home Depot. I’m welcoming pointers!

3. Aranne and Dan Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 2:53 pm #

You would love my MIL house. Every room is blue – just slightly different shades… Really every room!

4. michaeland Tuesday, June 24, 2008 at 11:12 pm #

Those pictures are great. I’m in the same boat as you. I always thought I was into oranges and yellows, bright colors that really lit up a room. I bought some cool Orange Towels from Ikea as an accent to the orange place rug I had in my bathroom, I bought some neat Utility Blocks from SexyFurnishings.com for my library and I bought a few other odds and ends in oranges throughout my house, but I also bought some nice blue placemats and splurged on a Ero Chair in blue from DWR for my dining room and I have to admit that I favor the soothing quality of the blues in that room. There’s something about that color….

5. Nathaniel Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 3:57 am #

I am a fellow lover of blue my friend. I like how those designs are put together, but a few of them are a little cluttered or busy.
    @Micheland – I do love orange as well, though it is a new found color. My bed is wonderful, for the pillowcases are deep brown, while the sheets are deep red, and the blanket/coverlet thing is a cinnamon orange.
    BTW, you may want to get your own hosting and domain so it is easier to comment.

6. marissa Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 10:32 pm #

yup. i agree. blue is the best.