Happiness in my Mail Box

Look what just arrived in my mailbox last weekend!
I ordered two samples of Celerie Kembles’ beautiful fabric for a school project and it just arrived in the mail.  My “hot house” sample was much bigger than I had expected.  I almost want to make a pillow with it.  But alas I must cut it up and wrap it around foam core. Isn’t it beautiful though.
Have you seen Caitlin Wilson’s blog.  I’ve been following it for awhile now and I’m so glad she will be updating more with great designs and ideas. I have always just adored this room she did using Celerie’s fabric.

Check out her blog to see more of her beautiful rooms including her own home in Dubai!

20 Responses to Happiness in my Mail Box

1. Sandy K (Aus) Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 8:22 am #

That "hot house" fabric is just divine! Love it.

2. Fran Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 11:48 am #

Beautiful. Love 'hot house'. Saw it on ebay this weekend – was so tempted!

3. sara Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 2:23 pm #

Those fabrics are so beautiful, I love the bright colors!

4. Katie Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm #

loving the buffet! just checked out her blog and am now following! thanks for sharing!

5. Flavia @ Estilo Home Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

Gorgeous fabric! Will you share with us your school project? I'd love to see it! I just recently discovered Caitlin's blog as well and her work is amazing!

6. Chic Coles Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

Those fabric are so great. We just love her book.

7. Mrs. Jones Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

Kirsten- this is an off-topic comment but I saw a desktop wallpaper on the Making It Lovely blog that reminded me of you and your love for things navy blue. It's actually on Target's site. Here's a link: http://bit.ly/aoVjSU

8. Dayka (Life +Style) Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

LOVE those fabrics! I love Caitlin's site too.

9. paula Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

so pretty.

10. autumn Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm #

dreamy fabrics! too bad you can't make a pillow out of the sample—the sacrifices we make in the name of education~!

11. caitlin wilson Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 8:40 pm #

thank you- you are so sweet! celerie's fabrics are so addicting…can't wait to see your school project!

12. layersofmeaning Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

Love the fabrics! Where did you order the samples from? at Schunacher.com?

13. Morgan Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:51 pm #

Beautiful! Thanks for posting! I love those pillows and it has given me some serious inspiration…
    ~Morgan
    PepperDesignBlog.com

14. Elizabeth Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 12:38 am #

gorgeous fabric and i'm not even a fan of the color orange! i hope you share your project with us!

15. Joi Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 12:45 am #

That buffet is to die for! Love the fabric, too!

16. Emily A. Clark Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 3:42 am #

Wow! I think I may have just found the new fabric for my dining room. LOVE it!

17. Jesse Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 3:53 am #

Such pretty fabric just makes me happy! Thanks for sharing.

18. KSK Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 6:03 am #

What a great set of pillows Caitlin has! I don't usually love floral fabrics, but that hot house is calling my name! What's the orange print called?

19. SogniSorrisi Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

Love the vibrant colours of these prints.

20. Sara Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 5:50 am #

I absolutely love those color combinations and fabrics. How and where does a "normal" (not in the design business) person order those fabrics?