Shop Local-Abode

As I get going on my business I’ve been spending a lot of time hunting out local decorating and furniture businesses. I grew up in Provo so Salt Lake feels a little daunting to me. I am still learning how to get around and I am slowly finding great local little shops. I’d love to share them with you on this blog. Even if you don’t live in Utah I’m sure you can still get a lot of inspiration from these great places.
Last week I stopped into Abode. This home and garden consignment shop on 900 E. in Salt Lake is seriously filled to the brim with treasures. Everywhere I looked there were amazing finds.

Plus one saturday of every month during the summer they have flea markets in their parking lot! But, even if you can’t make it to a flea market you have to stop by the store and search through the array of vintage items.
Here are a few things I enjoyed while perusing Abode.

If you are local head on over there and tell them I sent you!

1720 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
(801) 486-2633

, ,

14 Responses to Shop Local-Abode

1. Michelle (Three Men and a Lady) Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

That was one of my stops on my last trip to UT. I really enjoyed that place!

2. Rachel @ La Bella Bungalow Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm #

I love these kind of posts Kirsten. So inspirational! Keep 'em coming!

3. sarah, flourish design + style Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

That looks like an amazing spot.. I wish we had some place that fabulous to visit!

4. LifestyleBohemia Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm #

I love little shops like this where you can find unique things. We have a bunch of these here in Brooklyn that I frequently stop into & never leave empty-handed.

5. Danielle Oakey Interiors Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

i love abode. there is always little treasure there!

6. J and Company Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 3:17 pm #

If you like Abode you MUST check out Emilie Jayne. They are also in Salt Lake and worth every trip. My favorite consignment shop hands down!

7. Flavia @ Estilo Home Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 4:09 pm #

Great store! Salt Lake seems to have such cute shops, so I know I'll enjoy the virtual tours. I'm trying to do the same in my town and discover more local treasures.

8. KristiMcMurry Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

Looks like a great place!!! I have found a few places like that where I live, but they don't do well around here 🙁

9. Jacquelinne Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

Cutest little shop!! My mom and I will have to check it out when we get back!! Thanks for sharing!

10. L i z a Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

I've been reading your blog for a while now and I love it!!
    I get so inspired. Thank you!!

11. *b* Friday, June 25, 2010 at 8:41 am #

Fantastic photos

12. Katherine Friday, June 25, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

cool store! i want to go there!

13. Amanda Friday, June 25, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

If I lived close, that would be my weekly store to visit. Great images!

14. ~*~ saskia ~*~ Friday, June 25, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

These are some awesome picks!
    Have a lovely weekend. xx