Shop Local – Second Hand Chic

The next stop in our local shopping expedition is Secondhand Chic. I adore this little shop.

It was such a pleasure to chat with Kelly the owner. She explained how her shop isn’t consignment but that occasionally she will buy items if people bring them in. The majority of her items are handpicked by her at estate sales, garage sales and other places. She truly is a treasure hunter.
This store was easy to navigate through as each section was divided by color. The prices were really great too!
Please enjoy some of the treasures I found…

If you are in Utah make sure you stop by this amazing little shop.
900 E. 2006 South
Salt Lake City, Utah
 (801) 433-0044

, ,

13 Responses to Shop Local – Second Hand Chic

1. Stacey @ Petite de Lis Paperie Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 11:44 am #

This post makes me want to run to my favorite antique stores in Denham Springs, LA.

2. Anna Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm #

Just Awesome! Now I know you didnt come out of there empty handed…c'mon..out with it! ; ) x

3. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 1:36 pm #

I love this type of shop where you can find unique things for your home. There is a fairly new shop in our area where the owners, four friends, purchase vintage pieces and give them a modern update. I love visiting, but they charge WAY too much. I doubt they will be in business long so I have to get my fix now.

4. KristiMcMurry Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm #

Looks like she is super talented at arranging and selecting items! There's a shop similar to that in my town, but they focus on bigger items, like furniture.

My ONLY critique is that the font on her sign is awful 🙂 haha…but only anal people like me would even care.

5. autumn Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm #

thanks for the introduction! i am just going to sit back, relax and take notes, and as soon as my kids get back in school, i am going to visit all of these fun shops.
    🙂

6. Clara Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:14 pm #

I loved the store! So many fun things. They have some chairs I would love to have but need to wait until the basement is finished!

7. Helena - A Diary of Lovely Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:58 pm #

great little treasures, I loved that its displayed by colors 🙂

8. Chic Coles Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

Looks like so much fun! My mom and I went "thrifting" last summer and found the best vintage magazines that we have gotten so much inspiration from!

9. Mary Ellen Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

I love the little note that says "instant relatives for the family album"…. too funny! All the little arrangements of the treasures are so thoughtful and eye-catching! The photographer did a great job! 😉
    -ME

10. Kristen Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

oh that is awesome! i love shops like this! the prices look great, too…and i want some of those $2 pinup prints! 🙂

11. Summer Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 1:48 am #

Oh my gosh, I would buy up her entire shop!!! Love!!!

12. Mrs. Chic Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

so many cute things, I want the Sacramento map, since we live in Sac, it would be perfect for our house!!

13. Kelly Ballard Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 2:03 pm #

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for the great post on our little shop. You a very talented photographer by the way. It was fun meeting you.

Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Kelly