Dorm Room Design Day

Today a few of my fellow bloggers and I are teaming up to bring some inspiration to those students who are gearing up for college this fall. Here is a little concept that I put together for the student who is feminine, fun and a little flirty.

1. Every new college student needs a little prayer to make it through exams, boyfriend drama, roommate drama etc. I love this print from Perissom and Pink.
2. Pillows are a fun way to brighten up a room that you can’t paint in. I love this teal pillow from Etsy.
3. This girly ruffle pillow adds the perfect feminine touch.
4. My husband and I couldn’t paint in our first apartment but I still wanted to add some color to our room so I adhered a large ribbon to the wall using clear tacks. It run all along the room just under the ceiling and it looked like I had painted it on! In this room I would add a large navy ribbon to the wall.
5. Travel posters remind students to dream big and to explore life. What better place to follow your dreams than New York
6. I love this other travel poster as well. You can get some great ones on Ebay
7. I envision this photo clip hanging right in the corner. It’s the perfect way to display pictures of all your new college friends!
8. A desk lamp is a must for late night studying. These ones from target are so fun and a great deal!
9, 12, 13. I would keep the bedding pretty simple. A simple white duvet and pink sheets. Dress up the bed with a great and colorful quilt folded up at the bottom.
10. One essential you’ll need in a dorm room is something to cart your laundry around in. This ruffle bag from Urban Outfitters will have all your roomies jealous.
11. A small rug is a great way to make your dorm room feel more homey. I love this one from Urban Outfitters!

To see more dorm room inspiration visit these blogs:

Emily A. Clark
Aesthetic Oiseau
Design Darling
Haven and Home
High-Heeled Foot in the Door
Kelly Green
Loft and Cottage
Matters of Style
Perfectly Taylord
I Suwannee

, ,

16 Responses to Dorm Room Design Day

1. Janette Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 12:08 pm #

Love the look of this room Kirsten!
    Janette x
    My Sweet Prints

2. The Rural Socialite Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

Very cute! Do you have any suggestions for cinder block walls? I have very dorm-worthy decor in my office at work and would like to change it up.

3. Decor I Adore Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Oh I am LOVING this… I think about this often… back when I was in College about 8 years ago, they didnt have all the cute things girls have available now.. I just love everything you came up with !

4. Stacey @ Petite de Lis Paperie Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

I absolutely love this dorm room inspiration. I cannot wait for a few of my little cousins to go off to college in the next couple of years. They don't know it yet, but I am totally going to help them decorate!

5. KristiMcMurry Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm #

I wish I was a freshman this year so I could use this inspiration! This would be a lovely room.

6. casey at loft and cottage Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

So great to see other bloggers' ideas! Love the ruffle laundry bag–how great to take something utilitarian and make it stylish and romantic!

7. Helena - A Diary of Lovely Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

oh what a great idea, I wish i was a student again 😉

8. Sharstin Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

love this room!

9. Flavia @ Estilo Home Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

This would make such a cute dorm room! I wish they made those ruffle laundry bags when I was in college!

10. Dumbwit Tellher Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

So many great dorm rooms & yours is so fabulous too. I adore the ruffles, the posters all the way down to the UO rug. Terrific job and will be forwarding this link to my incoming Freshman who is @ college for orientation. Great blog!

11. Joi Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:23 pm #

Perfectly girly! Love it!

12. Sarah Jane Curtis Friday, July 30, 2010 at 1:50 am #

love it! It's my favorite one. Maybe I will try and get that laundry bag….

13. Caitlin Friday, July 30, 2010 at 1:04 pm #

just cute picks, and i love the ribbon idea!

14. Kelsey and Riley Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 2:54 am #

i love this room. so pretty and feminine! if only i were a single student again…it's hard to do such feminine things when i share a room with a man now. haha.

15. Maria Sunday, August 1, 2010 at 7:28 pm #

I love your design, especially the photo clip mobile, so smart!!

16. Penelope Toop Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 1:29 am #

wonderful blog! our inspiration board is simply fantastic! I simply LOVE persimmon and pink!