Shop Local – DownEast Home and Clothing

DownEast Home and Clothing is one of my very favorite places to shop for great furniture, linens and accessories.  I used to work there so I know what great deals you can find. They sell designer brands at a discount so think of it as a kind of outlet for Pottery Barn, West Elm, Gumps, Z Gallerie etc. Everything they sell is exactly half off what you would spend at a retail store! Some of my very favorite things in my home have come from DownEast.
This past week I spent quite a bit of time at the Sandy location shopping for a client. I cant’ wait to show you what I found for her. Here is a little peak at what you might find at your local DownEast.

For store locations check out their website

17 Responses to Shop Local – DownEast Home and Clothing

1. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 11:36 am #

No fair! don't tease me like that…. we don't have a store near us at all. i know i can shop online, but it's not the same…. sigh.

2. Stacey @ Petite de Lis Paperie Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 11:51 am #

What great finds! I wish we had a store like that in Louisiana!!! By the way, I love the pink guitar.

3. Bryn Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:17 pm #

Salt Lake City has some of the BEST interior design stores and interior designers. Someday I want to venture out there to check it out. And maybe I'll try some skiing too! 🙂

4. Michelle Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

I so wish I had one close to me! There isn't even one within like 5 states… boo.

5. Heather J Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

That store is one of the many things I miss about Utah. Have you been to their clearance center in W. Valley? Lots to pick through but i've found some goodies there. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a (perfect) headboard I saw there when we were in Utah this spring.

6. Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

That place looks awesome! I saw a few things in the pictures I would love to take home!! I think Utah to Florida is a bit of a drive though 😉

7. Leigha Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 3:40 pm #

Oh my. I NEED that pink guitar!

8. Joi Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

I love that white night stand! : )

9. Hannah Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 7:00 pm #

Completely and totally in love with EVERYTHING in the pictures…. SO JEALOUS!

Is there any way to find out if there are stores like that in my area? I live in VA.

10. lavieboston.com Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

Wish I had one near me…love that pink guitar!

11. Sharstin Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

i love downeast–you can find some great stuff!

12. kalanicut Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm #

I was in Utah a couple of weeks ago and as I was going back and forth from family members homes I stopped at every DownEast and TJ Maxx/Home Goods I could find. I found some great stuff at amazing prices. And got a darling dress from DownEast too.

13. ashley schmutz Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 8:09 pm #

oh, how i miss down east! i want that dining room table! it's amazing!

14. lemondropdreams Friday, July 23, 2010 at 12:50 am #

I WANT THAT POLKA DOT PHONE!!! Kansas City doesn't have any of these fun stores!

15. e and d Friday, July 23, 2010 at 3:35 am #

hey!! thanks for your comment! i was also worried about no outside pockets! thanks for the advice! where did you get your new one? i am new at all of this and trying to figure out good places to shop!! 🙂

16. brooklyn924 Monday, August 16, 2010 at 12:10 am #

Hi! I love this post. Which downeast did you go to?

17. Anonymous Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

I really want that brown couch. Wish I knew where to get it…pretty sure we don't have one of these stores in Illinois!