My Neighborhood

Today I want to share my amazing neighborhood with you. My husband I searched for homes in Utah for almost a year. We looked everywhere but no community compared to Daybreak. We seriously love it.  They have some of the best new homes in Utah.

The home are beautiful. White trim with big porches and lots and lots of color! There are all kinds of styles too. The homes vary from modern to traditional.

There are also tons of great amenities. Parks, schools, a lake, shopping, a gym, a pool…. all within walking distance!

It such a great place to live. If you are looking for a home I highly recommend it. And the house next to us is for sale! We could be neighbors!

45 Responses to My Neighborhood

1. Katie Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:27 am #

wow jealous, what a beautiful place!

2. Helena - A Diary of Lovely Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:50 am #

truly beautiful!!

3. Design Blooms Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

Unbelievable..you have that view of those gorgeous mountains, and surrounded by beautiful homes. liiiitttllleee jealous!

4. MrsKBJ Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:17 pm #

Very pretty!! We have some friends at the air base in utah, but have never been.

5. Melissa Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Wow I love your neighborhood! It looks perfect. I found a similar neighborhood in Coralville IA a few weeks ago. Sadly we don't have one like that in my town.

6. christine {bijouandboheme} Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

So pretty! I love the style of architecture so much and the colours! And the porches! Sadly, there is nothing like it where I live- the subdivisions here are masses of brick homes stuck way too close together:( The first shot looks so perfect; almost like a movie set- really lovely!

7. Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

I have never seen such a beautiful looking neighbourhood! I love the styles of the houses and the pops of colour!

8. Reticella Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

i love the house in the third picture! and also in the fourth picture! such a beautiful neighborhood to live in. best of both worlds

9. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

What a charming neighborhood. It's so important to find an area that you love, it really adds to the enjoyment of life when you can return home each evenening to a place you love.

10. marissa Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 1:43 pm #

I love you neighborhood. Every time we go there, I tell Todd he needs to get a job in Utah so we can be your neighbors.

11. Joi Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

I LOVE it!!! I am so envious. When can I move in? : )

12. Simply LKJ Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Just beautiful! Our longtime neighbor and friends just moved to Utah. Their children go to BYU, and they have a lot of family there as well. Great views!!

13. Katherine Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:35 pm #

OHHH I LOVE!! so cute and picturesque~

14. jillian Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

what beautiful homes! i love the third one!

jillian xoxo

15. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

How blessed to live there. The first image reminds me of the darling Painted Ladies houses in San Francisco. What a great neighborhood for you to raise that darling baby of yours 🙂

16. Danielle Oakey Interiors Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

i also adore daybreak, if only it wasn't so far west! I would of loved to live there but it makes the commute to the university a little daunting! Lucky you!

17. Ro Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm #

Thats the most unique planned community I have ever scene- I LOVE IT!- but I live in Miami- cooki cutter homes. waaaaaaaaaaa

You are very blessed.

xoxoxo

18. Alecia Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm #

Oh my goodness…I think I just fell in love with your neighborhood!!! Sooo beautiful…love the community pool, lake & gym…WOW!!!

19. E Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

My husband and I stopped in your neighborhood this summer during our cross country road trip to visit Liz & Ian McDonald. We LOVED the entire development. Seriously, ever since then we've been comparing every neighborhood we've seen to yours. You guys are blessed!!!

Love your blog!
    E

20. Kim Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

I live here too. Thanks for your blog. I just found it yesterday.

21. Chase and Ashley Winegar Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

I've been reading your blog for a while now and I LOVE it! My husband and I just bought a house so I've been checking your blog for inspiration on decorating our new place which happens to be in Daybreak! We love it! We have an 18 month old son and it just seemed like a perfect place to raise our family. We're right by Daybreak Elementary and the community garden. Maybe we'll see you out and about sometime.

22. paula Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm #

this looks like my dream community.

23. Holly Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

I love it, too! My husband and I went to the temple out in Daybreak last night, and driving out I noticed the white victorian. Beautiful! I would love to live in Daybreak one day.

24. Aubrey Messick Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm #

WOW! When can I move in? Love this sweet little neighborhood!

25. Jack and Annie Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

How wonderful! You are very blessed. Wish there were places like that planned community here in AZ. If there are they are way far away from downtown.

26. House of Ficek Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

It is so refreshing to hear someone else appreciate color within a neighborhood!

27. Michaela Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 6:15 pm #

Wow! This neighborhood is stunning. Looks like something out of a movie. The colors are gorgeous you're right!

28. Leeann @ Join the Gossip Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

Wow! That is a beautiful community! I adore the white house that looks (new) colonial 🙂

29. Jen Schenk Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

I've loved going through the homes there during the parade of homes and such. The houses are all so fun. We have many friends move there from the sugar house area. It seems like such a great community!

30. mandyface Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

So cool! I love homes that make an architectural statement!

31. Marie Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Love the first pic!!!!

32. starveil Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

Wow, that neighborhood is amazing!
    That mountain behind the church, awesome! 🙂

Haha, my hubby and I just moved to TX for school-I think we'd have to wait a few years to move again! Besides, I want to finish my degree too! (husband's getting his MDiv – I want BA in design)

33. Flavia @ Estilo Home Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm #

I'm amazed at how unique (and charming!) each and every home is! Around my neighborhood everything looks the same, colonial after colonial. Now I wish I could move to Utah!

34. Aranne and Dan Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 10:30 pm #

Why did you have to say that the house next to you is for sale??? You know how much I would LOVE to move in tomorrow!!! Next time we are in town I have to come and see your house. Sorry we missed it last time but maybe it was a good thing because I probably wouldn't have just been complaining about our house ever since then…

35. Jylare Smith Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

I love Daybreak. If we moved to Utah, that is the place I would live!

36. Ashleigh Friday, October 29, 2010 at 2:40 am #

I wanna be your neighbor! If only my husband's job wasn't in Cali…. Oh the things I could learn from you! 🙂

37. casey at loft and cottage Friday, October 29, 2010 at 3:10 pm #

Charming! I love the architecture, those boldly colored homes, and the wide front porches!

38. The Parkers Friday, October 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

Ok, I just spent the last half hour browsing the Daybreak website and I don't even live in Utah anymore. I. AM. IN. LOVE. Sigh. Such a lovely community. We use to live in Traverse Mountain (near Thanksgiving Pt) and have since moved back to CA, but that community was nothing compared to Daybreak I've decided. IT'S PERFECT! And I love how there is MODERN architecture there….what a concept for Utah. That's what I'd buy. Ok, so now I want to move back to Utah for the fourth time in my life. Thanks for sharing!!!

39. The Kradolfers Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

Hi Kirsten, just found your blog through a DaybreakUT tweet. I love it. I'm excited to check it out more thoroughly but I was just too excited to write this comment. Guess what else…we just signed on a home in Daybreak about 2 weeks ago. Similar story to yours, we have been looking at homes for a year now and things have finally (so far) been working out in our favor. We love Daybreak! Its good to hear that you love it too since we actually don't live there yet. I just started a personal blog about our little journey. Would love your input on any of the posts! embarkingonsuburbia.blogspot.com
    Thanks again for your post! Would love to hear more in the future!

40. Kelsey and Riley Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 4:50 am #

i dream of living in this neighborhood! maybe some day 🙂

41. Anonymous Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 9:43 am #

It's great entry, you have some awesome characters,looks very good! It's a good things for me! i will
    fllow with interest your post. Good Lucky! cheapest runescape gold, buy runescape gold cheap , cheap rs gold for sale.

42. chinatour.com Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 3:04 am #

What a beautiful dragonfly and what wonderful post!! You can learn more: China tour packages | China travel packages | China Travel Agency

43. Jasmine Bhatia Monday, September 9, 2013 at 10:35 am #

Beautiful :

44. Learn Chinese language on hanbridgemandarin Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 5:54 am #

I'm learning Chinese language because I believe it's the only way to really learn about China.When I was searching for a place to learn to speak Chinese, I called several schools. Hanbridge was the best because they had excellent teachers and a very friendly and welcoming spirit. ?I really appreciate the opportunity to learn here and would recommend Hanbridge to others.