Inspired Designer: Amy Meier

via Better Homes and Gardens

This month Better Homes and Garden featured the home and office of talented designer Amy Meier. Don’t those curtains look fabulous in her space! I love all the natural woods and the soft blue walls.

via Better Homes and Gardens
Look how beautiful her office is. That desk is so perfect for the space.
I enjoyed the article so much. I am a new fan of her work and I had such a great time browsing her portfolio. Check out these amazing rooms.

I have really enjoyed reading about Amy’s story on her blog. It’s inspiring to me to read about her journey of following her dream and doing what she loves. You must check her out!

, , ,

18 Responses to Inspired Designer: Amy Meier

1. casey at loft and cottage Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

Absolutely beautiful! These are all such timeless designs. Thanks for sharing.

2. abode love Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

I am loving the chocolate subway tile backsplash in the kitchen… also LOVE the use of all of the blue built-ins… it all feels oh-so-custom! Thanks for sharing!

abodelove.blogspot.com

3. Kendra {House of Ficek} Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

I love her use of color. I could honestly see myself in any of those rooms. She has a gift!

4. Shelley Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

In pictures 2,3 & 4 I never would have thought that blue woodwork would be so fantastic! Gorgeous!

5. Jen Schenk Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

I saw that also. I posted today how I did little key tags on my albums like she did. I love her style, and I think her living room is so gorgeous, and organized!

6. Wendy Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

I read that article too. Such talent! I'm surprised I like the brown subway tile with soapstone. Very interesting color combinations!

7. I'm AE Jones Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

Incredible. She is amazing. I LOVE those blue walls.

8. Naomi@DesignManifest Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm #

I love that calico corners fabric! It sure makes beautiful curtains.

9. Tris Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

i just wanted to tell you that i've been following this here blog for a few months now. i LOVE it! thank you for giving me something for ME each day.

10. Julie Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

I love her work! She was a fairly new discovery for me this year.

11. marissa Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:59 pm #

I love the ikat curtains in the first picture, they look just like the ones in your living room!

12. Katie of Modern Oasis Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 7:51 pm #

I am loving the little lucite stool…how perfect in my bathroom!
    XOXO
    Katie

13. Lovin That! Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm #

I'm so glad you posted this! I was reading Better Homes and Gardens last night and fell in love with her work as well!

14. Jen of Made By Girl Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

Going to check out her blog now….hadnt heard of her…
    Loving the red stools too. Have a great new year!!

madebygirl.blogspot.com

15. amymeier Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 10:29 pm #

Kirsten,
    I'm blushing! Thank you so much for sharing my work. Love how the blog world connects us all! Can't wait to follow your blog.
    Best,
    Amy Meier

16. bazaarofserendipity Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 10:38 pm #

Her style totally reminds me of yours!!!

17. Jackie Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

I saw and loved the article in BHG too, and then went and checked out her blog. Very inspiring indeed. I even thought of you when seeing the article because the rooms shown reminded me of your style.

Have a great New Year's!

18. Anonymous Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

I love Amy Meier's living featured in Better Homes and Garden. Can you tell my more about the rug (i.e., who made it, where can I get it).

Thanks Sandy