Meet Mr. Magnificent

One of my great clients bough this fabulous coffee table for her living room. It looked great but we both agreed it wasn’t quite “her”. But don’t you think it screams “me”!  She offered to let me buy it from her and I instantly agreed. I love how unique it is. I wouldn’t say any of the furniture pieces in this room are particularly that exciting so it’s wonderful to have a “hero” piece. Someone to steal the show.

Mr. Magnificent is from Shine. I blogged about their lamps here.  Their products are big and bold and like nothing you’ve ever seen. It was purchased through Alice Lane Home Collection
I feel like this table instantly lifts my room. I am so happy with it. Merry Christmas to me!

, ,

27 Responses to Meet Mr. Magnificent

1. Bethany Dirksen Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 11:13 am #

It is quite the piece! Truly a statement. I believe it works well in the space and am glad you weren't afraid of using a large coffee table in a tight space. I think it looks wonderful.

2. Design Blooms Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

wow-that is a NICE table! SHINE has some amazing selections. I think its always nice to have that one statement making piece in a room.

3. Lili Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

wow! that is a statement piece! gorgeous!

4. things that sparkle Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

wow, its gorgeous and really brightens the space. wouldnt think a coffee table would have so much impact!

5. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

It is really unique, my eye was immediately drawn to the detail.

6. The Rural Socialite Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

This is really great! I wouldn't have said that the rest of your space lacked a "statement," but this coffee table certainly ends the statement with an exclamation point!

7. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

The entire room has come together so wonderfully!!! It's gorgeous!

8. the peach chablis Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

That is a very unique piece and it incorporates into your room beautifully!

9. Krista Salmon Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

LOVE it. Adds just the right amount of eclectic. Lucky for you that she didn't want it!

10. christine {bijouandboheme} Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm #

Love the table- fabulous! Don't you just love it when you get something for a space that you really really love- so fun!

11. Wendy Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 3:59 pm #

Good for you! I love the lift a change can bring!

12. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

It's great. Especially the detail on around the side. Makes such a great statement. Enjoy.

13. Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 6:04 pm #

Love the table and your blog – new follower – x

14. Danielle Oakey Interiors Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

it is just what the space needed! love it.

15. -m- Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

beautiful! I love your living room so much-the pillows, the curtains, the rug, everything is perfect!

16. Sarah @ Comfort and Joy Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

Wow that coffee table certainly makes a statement! 🙂 Congrats on getting the focal point you were looking for!

17. Aya Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 9:17 pm #

It's so different & unique!! I love it!

18. Aubrey Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

Definitely a scene stealer…love! What a great Christmas present! (c:

19. Jen of Made By Girl Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 11:16 pm #

Looks great…and the legs are super cool :))))
    Have a great New Year!!

madebygirl.blogspot.com

20. A Real Girl of the Arts Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 11:33 pm #

This table is FABULOUS!

21. Stephanie Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 11:37 pm #

OH my gosh, that table is amazing, i am so JEALOUS! I mean your room looked great before, but this just blows my mind!

22. Jen Friday, December 31, 2010 at 2:23 am #

That table is so unique… I LOVE it!!

Happy Thursday Dear! xo

I'm having a perfume giveaway on my blog if you're interested!

23. Heather Friday, December 31, 2010 at 5:07 am #

I love it! It's so beautiful!! I'm jealous 🙂 Merry Christmas to you!

24. Kelsey and Riley Friday, December 31, 2010 at 9:24 am #

that is so wonderful! i love it.

25. Barbie Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 5:18 am #

Wow Kirsten! How fun! To me that's a piece I wouldn't have picked out from a catalog, but seeing it in your home, I love it AND what it did for the space! It was adorable before but it really kicked everything up a notch. You and Jenny from LGN are really inspiring me to bring some more color into my home. Thanks for the fun posts this year! Happy 2011!

26. Inspire my house pretty Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

wow!!! im loving your home and blog….looking forward to following your blog in the new year, careen x

27. Belly Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

I love it, it totally ties the room together! May I ask if your curtains are lined? They look just like what I want for my bedroom, and I'm debating on the lining…
    Thanks!