Bedroom Inspiration

This week I was flipping through a Calico Corners catalog and I came across this colorful room. The sofa fabric immediately reminded me of the feel I’m going for in my bedroom.
According to Calico Corners the fabric is called Mandarin in Summertime. (A). I started googling and it seems this fabric may be discontinued. Does anyone have any ideas?
After almost an hour of google searching I came across a yard remnant of it at The Fabric Finder
So I’m planning on doing a couple of pillows. But I still have yet to find the perfect curtain fabric.
The search is still on….
And then there is the dresser. Plan is to paint it white.
Lots to do!

19 Responses to Bedroom Inspiration

1. Hyphen Interiors Monday, February 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

Love the fabrics! Great color combos.

2. Andrea Johnson Monday, February 28, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

Love all the colour! Your bedroom is looking fantastic.

3. Christina L. de Armas Monday, February 28, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

I Love Calico Corners, there is one by my design firm and I love going in there. Your room is going to look fabulous.

4. Cara Monday, February 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

Love that color combo! I'm working on a redecorating my living room (and kitchen…and dining room-the whole downstairs!) and I'm going with a similar color combo that incorporates some aqua/teal, greens, and a little bit of coral/tangerine. Right now I'm specifically looking for fabric for curtains and our new ottoman. Love the fabrics you pictured!

5. Julie Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

Cute ideas!

6. April a.k.a. "A. Liz" Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

This will look just gorgeous … best of luck with your fabric hunt!

7. -Kasey Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

Wow that fabric is so fun and cheery. I love it! Can't wait to see what you do with it all 🙂

8. Muffy Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm #

Hi Kirsten! There is a store in Dallas called "Cutting Corners" that sells discontinued fabrics from Calico Corners. They have a ton of fabrics, so you might call & see if they have it there. (972)233-1741. They are really easy to deal with & have shipped a couple things to me in the past. Hope that helps.

9. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

Grrr…it's so frustrating when they don't have what you want! (c: Can't wait to see the dresser re-done!

10. Whatever Dee-Dee wants Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

Such pretty fabrics! I can't wait to see it all finished.

11. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

I think I've spent more $$ on fabric samples than I will the actual fabric for the drapes in my living room! I guess I'll know when I see it?!?

and I love your swatch board for your room!

12. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

Ooh…such bright, pretty fabrics! I can never seem to find the right fabric. Good luck with your curtain search!

13. Tracey Monday, February 28, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Love your blog…just found it today! Putting you on my blogroll!

14. Nest Studio Monday, February 28, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

fun – when did Calico corners get cool? I just got a mailing from them as well.

15. Lovely Little Nest Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:03 am #

Ah, it really seems like a decorator's work is never done…but that I why it is so much fun! 🙂

16. CaseyWiegand Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:25 am #

wow gorgeous blog

17. Joi Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 2:53 am #

Hey K! I'm a sucker for a great floral fabric! I'm looking forward to those pillows. : )

18. Lillie Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 6:17 am #

Ok Kirsten— what about those lovely pillows directly behind the bird pillow on the bed? I love that fabric! Anything I could still get??

lillie_biesinger@yahoo dot com

19. Drew {Coral Cafe} Tuesday, March 1, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

I lived in Boca Raton in September and this just made me miss it!!! That dresser is going to look fab in white!!