Feature Friday: August Fields

Today I am featuring the amazing home of Sara from the blog August Fields. Here is what she said when I asked her to describe her style:
I find it hard to pinpoint my style into certain decorating terms such as ‘farmhouse’, ‘shabby chic’, ‘vintage’ etc.  I love them all!

I will say though, that I tend to start with a traditional base.  Our home in and of itself is a traditional style, two story home.  very symmetrical and classic.  This goes for interior base as well.  traditional mouldings, grated windows, wood floors and light painted walls.  For large pieces of upholstered furniture I typically have a timeless, traditional piece in a solid color.  From that point on though I love to layer with what I love.  mason jars, thrifted lamps, family photos, books, unique pillows, painted end tables, fancy chandeliers, mirrored end tables…..layers and layers.  I have always loved pairing old with new, fancy with plain.

Please enjoy her beautiful home!
The Kitchen and Dining
The Living Room
Read about her Slipcover sofas here
Sara home schools all her kids so of course they needed a room to do it in and what better place than their very own schoolroom!
The floor is too perfect.
The room has a little window to the kitchen so Sara always knows what’s going on in the schoolroom.
There is  a place for everything! This is where she hangs her tablecloths.
Oh My Gosh. Love the marble!
Pretty, pretty, pretty.
The knobs are from Restoration Hardware.
Have you ever seen such amazing custom bunk beds!

Each boy has is own little cubby in his bunk.
I hope you enjoyed the tour. To get more great inspiration make sure you check out her blog

, , , , , ,

50 Responses to Feature Friday: August Fields

1. Kelly Krugh Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful home! I love the marble, bunk beds, chandeliers- so many things!!! Thanks, Kristen, for sharing!

2. Kim @ It's a Crafty Life Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

Wow, what a gorgeous house! I love her school room (must be the teacher in me, ha!) and the bunk beds are so cool.

3. Bernadette {Chic Spaces for Little Faces} Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

This is an amazing home. Thanks for sharing.

4. Simple Dwellings Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

Oh my goodness- breathtaking home! Wow- I'm speechless. I love the schoolhouse door with the window! And the kitchen and master bath- gorgeous! I'm off to check out her blog. 🙂

5. modern jane Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

Quite possible one of the most imazing houses I've seen in a while! It is so.. perfect! I can't even believe those bunk beds! Thanks so much for sharing:)

6. -Kasey Friday, February 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

I found her blog a few months back and fell in love with her home. It's so unqiue and everything is pulled together so well!

Have a great day! 🙂

7. Katie @ Noodle and Boof Friday, February 25, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

The kitchen and the bathroom are incredible! I could jump right in that master bed! GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing. Happy weekend!

8. Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} Friday, February 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

Lovely home! The school room is adorable and those bunk beds are amazing!

9. Janell @ Isabella and Max Friday, February 25, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Amazing, and how great to have a school room, a mud room and a craft room!! This house has it all and great style! Janell

10. lizziefitz Friday, February 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

So So much eye candy !!! My favs are the school room glass door and the steps going up to the top bunks. Thanks for sharing)

11. Simply LKJ Friday, February 25, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Such a beautiful home! I had seen her boys bunks before, but it is so nice to see the rest of the house as well.

12. sara@augustfields Friday, February 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

kirsten,
    thank you for this feature. 🙂 i am enjoying meeting so many wonderful people!

13. Jen@Organized-Design Friday, February 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

What an amazing home! I have never seen bunk beds like that before. I think her school room is so darn cute! Thanks for sharing.

14. Alecia Friday, February 25, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Gorgeous Home…I am in LOVE with the Be Kind to Others painting…do we know where she got it?!?!

15. Julie M. Friday, February 25, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

Wow, Kirsten, thank you for posting this. I had saved off several of these pictures, not knowing they were all from the same home. Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!!

16. Heather J Friday, February 25, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

I have serious house envy. It's gorgeous. She did a wonderful job.

17. Katie Friday, February 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Her kitchen is amazing. I totally love the cabinet color! It reminds me of Martha's Bedford home colors.

18. Marissa Waddell Friday, February 25, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

Answer: NO I have never seen such amazing bunk beds. What a room! Heck, what a house!

19. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

I feel like I should be transported straight to her home. UGHHHHHH. I am in love with every single space.

20. Amanda {a j cooper design} Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

Absolutely gorgeous!
    I would LOVE a craft room just like that! (I would have to learn to sew though)

21. Shera O Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

wow….that home is gorgeous yet so functional. love it!!

22. Mike + Mo Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

Those bunk beds are pretty much the coolest bunk beds I have ever seen…

23. Nest Studio Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Love the bunk beds. And where is that farmhouse sink from? The fluting makes it really unique! Hope on over to the eagle's nest today for my pillow giveaway.

24. kalanicut Friday, February 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

Wow. Love the entire house. That kitchen is to die for. But I most love the school room and the craft room. Wow. Thanks so much for sharing!

25. Gems Friday, February 25, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Gorgeous! Everything is so tasteful AND functional! This is my dream house…even down to the schoolroom..I'm a teacher!

26. Julie Friday, February 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

This house is unbelievable. Seriously. First of all, it's HUGE. Second of all, how is it so clean with so many kids??

I love the kitchen – I remember seeing it awhile back and loving the Sally Wheat inspiration.

27. classic • casual • home Friday, February 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

Fabulous home. Like the beamed ceiling in the kitchen and colorful rug and little chandelier in the laundry room. All so fresh and pretty.
    Mary Ann

28. Erin Friday, February 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm #

Wow! What a beautiful house. I loved looking through it! Those beds are Awesome!

29. Hyphen Interiors Friday, February 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

Wow!! What eye candy. I love it all. Love the trim work. Then, the layering on of vintage items. Amazing school room!! Thanks for sharing. So gorgeous.

30. Christina L. de Armas Friday, February 25, 2011 at 9:00 pm #

WOW What a beautiful home. I LOVE the master bathroom. So Stunning.I just love your blog Please visit me

31. The Cavorsi's Friday, February 25, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

What a beautiful home! I am jealous of all the space. I think my house would fit in the kitchen (gotta love Boston)

32. christine {bijouandboheme} Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 1:02 am #

It's seriously AMAZING!! I can't get over all of the 'rooms'- the school and craft room just make me weap, they're so perfect. And those bunk beds- have you ever? Oh and the bathroom, the marble…sigh…It's all gorgeous!!

33. acutely cherished Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 2:49 am #

Seriously down to every detail this home is PERFECT! My dream house! And that school room, I would home school for sure if I had a room like that to do it in ;o)
    Thanks for sharing!

34. Joi Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 3:43 am #

Wowza! That's quite the home!

35. Katrina Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 4:08 am #

That house is BANANAS! I'm in love and still searching for my jaw…I think it dropped somehwhere on the floor. What great style!

36. Soul Pretty Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Oh man, the boys room is outstanding…

37. Erin Morgan Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

Wow! Such a beautiful house! The bunk beds are the coolest thing ever! And I think the master bath is my favorite.

38. designchic Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm #

I was thinking how I could not get over her kitchen, until…I got to the bunkroom…AMAZING!!

39. Keisha Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

When can I move in? I'm in love with this home. Nicely done in every way.

40. Katie Monday, February 28, 2011 at 1:34 am #

Wow, wow, wow, WOW! This would be one gorgeous place to live — Thanks for sharing, Kirsten!

41. Perpetual Blind Date Monday, February 28, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

Its official. I want to move in with her and take baths in the gorgeous tub and craft all day in her craft room!!

42. Muriel Miller Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

Oh I am in love with this house! Every single room in it is Amazing!

43. Joanne Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:33 am #

Lovely! I think the master bedroom's my favourite – the button-tufted upholstered headboard and the gorgeous mirror!

But please – the bird-shaped salt and pepper shakers? I. MUST. HAVE. THEM.!

44. Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

I love Sara's blog, it's one of my favorites!

The "Be Kind to Others" print is from Etsy seller "The Wheat Field" (I have one, too!)

45. Bonito Baby Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

This house is seriously amazing! So jealous!

46. ellie Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

what a beautiful home…love it all, esp. the kitchen and school room. The knobs that they used in the bathroom you can find at Lowe's for about 6 bucks a piece as opposed to the 9 at RH…just a heads up. I put some them on my hutch..and they look amazing…very good quality

47. Sally Lee by the Sea Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

What a gorgeous home – I think I love everything about it. The school room is just adorable and it's obvious that a great amount of thought went into each room. I'm your newest follower ~ so glad I found your blog today.

48. Jess @ Reclaimed Marketplace Friday, April 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

YOur home is the most beautiful home I have ever seen! I wanted to ask someone who actually has carrera marble countertops in their kitchen if they are hard to keep from staining. I have heard they were but want to put them in so bad!! Would love to know your honest thoughts if you would do it again?

49. Eavan Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 8:54 am #

This is one of the most amazing nurseries i have seen… it is adorable!!! I have a website about nursery chandelier

50. Angelica jolie Monday, September 23, 2013 at 12:24 pm #

One of the most amazing place where you can spent your best time.
    Express Bedz