Vacation Inspired Mood Board

Today I am taking a little vacay with my hubby to sunny California. I am so excited to take a break from the dreaded Utah winter. In honor of my getaway I have put together a beach inspired mood board for you.
Enjoy!
I tried to keep this board budget friendly.
Let’s start with the inspiration for the whole thing…

I LOVE this seaside inspired pillow. It’s so peaceful and the blues are beautiful. You can find the other pillows here,  here and here
The next purchase would be this rug. It’s from World Market and the website says they have it available in a 8 x 10.  While we are at we could pick up this sofa from World Market as well. The Coffee table is a classic and can be found here
This new Z Gallerie Chair is spectacular! I think two of these would bring the perfect “punch” to this room.
And while we are Z Gallerie we could pick up one of these for the coffee table.
Some striped blue curtains would really add the nautical feel we are going for here.
This mirror would be just the finishing touch we need. And it’s only $89.99!
Wow, putting that together really did get me excited for my trip. Don’t worry I’ll be posting from our condo. I’ll let you know how it was when I get back!

, ,

24 Responses to Vacation Inspired Mood Board

1. -Kasey Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:13 am #

Love it. The colors, patterns, shapes. Everything. I really love that rug and coffee table!

2. Simply LKJ Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

Love all the cool colors! A breath of fresh air.

3. sara@augustfields Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

kirsten, i love this! i am working on a blue/white/nautical theme in our lower level, and while these are not all perfect fits, they have given me some very specific ideas. thank you! have a wonderful trip! 🙂

4. Elsa Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

I really love this design board!!! Makes me want to get started on doing over our living room. Enjoy your vacation!

5. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Have a great trip, hope your weather is nothing but blue skies and sunshine.

6. Nick and/or Lauren Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

This is so much fun. I like the idea of having fun chairs that punch up a room. Have a great vacay!

7. abode love Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

I love the pretty teals and blues in this space- and as usual, I LOVE the mix of bold patterns! The punch of red makes the room exciting and young… love this vaca mood board!

abodelove.blogspot.com

8. Jen@Organized-Design Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

That board is so fabulous! It makes me wish for spring even more. I especially love that chair. It's so amazing!

9. Simple Dwellings Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Beautiful mood board! Have a great time! 🙂

10. Melinda Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Loving this mood board!

11. Mrs. P Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Oh my gosh! I just bought that mirror at homegoods for 24.99!! Seriously, it looks exactly the same! Or a really good knockoff. I'm glad I snatched it up!!

12. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Yay for vacations! Hope it is fun and relaxing…enjoy the time with your hubby!

13. traci zeller designs Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

Have so much fun, Kirsten!

14. Jylare Smith Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

I am loving the blues! Have fun in CA! If you want a photo session, email me. 🙂

15. Nicole Christensen Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

i have the most incredible mirror i found, similar to this, i should send you a picture of it and see if you need it, i cant find a place in my house for it.

16. Baylor Love Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 9:53 pm #

Love the striped curtain, that is great!

17. Katie Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:14 pm #

Kirsten, this is my favorite mood board you've done! Of course, that's primarily because it's almost EXACTLY the look I'm going for in our new family room — Love it! Enjoy your vacation.

18. Nest Studio Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

Kristen – Love the board. Are you coming out for the bloggers conference? Would love to meet you out here in LA!

19. Nicole... given Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

love love love the pillows

20. designchic Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 2:47 am #

Loving the beach moodboard…dreaming!!

21. Megan {Honey We're Home} Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 5:30 am #

Kirsten- I have been loving what you're doing lately (just haven't had the chance to comment!) That yellow and turquoise room was fabulous! You're right, that Z Gallerie chair is awesome! And I can't believe you found that mirror at Kirkland's- it looks just like the $300 Williams Sonoma Home one that I was eyeing forever but settled on a similar one (just 2 rings) from Hobby Lobby for $50!

22. Katy Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 7:32 am #

Have a fabulous time! Your site is so lovely. I admire your style so much. I have to admit, I am very jealous that you are going to cali. Haha.. please check out my new blog if you have a chance. I'd love to receive your feedback.

23. Emily Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

I love this mood board. The colors are exactly what I've been drawn to lately. Maybe it's because I've been feeling like I need a break too. Hope you and your hubby have fun! Soak up some rays for us 🙂

24. Anonymous Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 4:52 am #

Where did you find the rug?