Confessions of a Designer: Janell Beals

Janell has shown us time after time that she has talent. Her DIY projects are sensational and her interiors are fresh and unique every time. Somehow she balances motherhood, her blog, an upcoming magazine and her business while still looking fabulous!
Here are her confessions of a designer.

An ideal client is one who has chosen to work with you because they trust your opinion while also having a good understanding of the cost that goes into creating a space, and respects that part of this cost covers the services of the designer.
Design by Janell Beals
Look at the work of several designers who have experience working on the type of space you are tackling. Speak with clients who have worked with them before, then determine who would be the best fit.
Design by Janell Beals
One myth is that the designer will be able to make all the correct choices for the particular space immediately and that the process should be a quick one.
Design by Janell Beals
It’s very important to explain thoroughly, before agreeing to work together, what the estimated cost and timeframe will be to complete the scope of work.
If I could hire a designer to work on my home it would without a doubt be Elizabeth Dinkel. Her work is simply amazing.

Thanks Janell! Make sure you check out her blog

, ,

13 Responses to Confessions of a Designer: Janell Beals

1. My Beautiful Life Monday, March 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm #

I only recently found her blog, but I love it. She truly has an amazing eye for design, and a can do spirit to tackle anything.

2. autumn Monday, March 28, 2011 at 10:18 pm #

i LOVE janell, and loved hearing her insights. i totally agree with her about a client needing to realize the costs involved in designing a room…even a "super budget" room costs $$.
    fabulous tidbits of knowledge, as always janell!

3. Danielle Oakey Interiors Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:57 am #

Janell's talent is something else!

4. Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:05 am #

Ohh janell, how I love thee ( and all the rooms you've touched)

5. Sherri Cassara Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:55 am #

I'm really enjoying your series!! Great idea! Good choices too!

6. southernmays Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 9:51 am #

Thank you for this wonderful series! I'm really enjoying it!

7. Janell @ Isabella and Max Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

Thanks for including me in this series, I really enjoyed reading what Autumn had to say (LOVE HER STYLE!) and looking forward to reading the rest. Janell

8. Katie Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

What a great post! Janell's responses were very informative and interesting to read — I'm really looking forward to the continuation of this series.

9. L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

I want Janell to design my home…ALL OF IT;) Love her!

10. barbara@hodge:podge Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

I am loving this series. Love Janell as well, she puts me to shame with all her energy!

11. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 3:19 am #

Janell is wildly talented…but so personable and approachable. I think that is reflected in her design.

And I love a girl who can whip out a project on her own! Her DIY projects are the stuff of legends!

12. Elizabeth@themustardceiling Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 5:07 am #

I love Janell and her blog, her DIY's are amazing. It was so nice to get an insight into her work. I have to catch up on this series, great line up of designer's.

13. Jessie Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

I am a new follower at Janell's blog and her DIY projects are always gorgeous, sophisticated and amazing. Love her insights in this series!

Jessie from http://www.mixandchic.com