Benches in the Bedroom

via Apartment Therapy
Right now I am doing two bedroom designs and both of them will have a bench at the end of the bed. I’ve been browsing the internet for inspiration.
There are so many ways to get this look. You can use a bench, two chairs, a sofa or loveseat, two stools, poufs…. I’ve seen it all!
Here are some of the images I’m swooning over.

via House Beautiful
via House Beautiful
via House Beautiful
via Elle Decor
via Lonny
via Lonny
via House Beautiful
Speaking of great bedroom benches I found this one for one my clients and I love it. The price and size great and you could re-cover the cushion in a fun fabric.

, , ,

35 Responses to Benches in the Bedroom

1. à la mode Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:35 am #

I love chairs in the bedroom. I dont always want to lay on my bed. When I'm getting ready I plop myself on the bench and put on my shoes, earrings ect. Its a nice addition to any bedroom. The second pic is my favorite!

2. maria Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:58 am #

Wow, im smitten by that first bedroom!!! is there a home tour to go with that??!!! gorgeous.

3. hollyG Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

I love that upholstered bench (w/ the canoe on the ceiling!). And that is a great bench at a great price from HD.

4. Bobi Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

The first picture is my dream bedroom. I have been swooning over it for a while now. I can't wait for the day that my bedroom is big enough for a bench!

5. Simple Dwellings Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

Great post! I love benches, stools, etc. at the end of a bed! Great place to put tomorrow's clothes, magazines, whatever! It looks great and serves a practical purpose. I recently used two leather cube ottomans for a design, at the foot of the bed. I love the inspiration photos you chose!

6. Suzanne Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Hi Kirsten,

Great research on benches and beds, thanks for great posts.

Have a beautiful day, hope it is sunny in Utah.

decogirlmontreal

7. Jen@Organized-Design Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Love the pictures you chose. And I'm loving that bench. It's got such great lines, and can be designed into any style.

8. Leah Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Beautiful rooms! Great inspiration.

xo L.

9. classic • casual • home Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

I love a bench at the end of the bed. Our has carved legs from an old four poster bed.

10. Jessie Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

I just love all your inspiration pictures especially #1 and #7. And great find on the bench for your client, the legs are gorgeous!

Jessie

11. Lily Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

All of the rooms are stunning ! But I really love the look of the two chairs at the end of the bed !

xxLily
    goldandgray.com

12. jandjhome Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

I love a bench at the foot of the bed. I actually made one a few months ago and it's great to throw a pair of jeans or put on your shoes.

13. Cove and Grey Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

I love benches at the end of the bed! Great photos 🙂

14. ALi Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

I love these, especially the first one with lucite legs.

15. erika @ small shop Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

I'm a big fan of a bench or two stools at the end of a bed, altho knowing us it would house clothes and never look as pretty as these! Great pics.

16. Fran Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

Great inspiration and great find!!

17. Sally Jensen Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Seriously love the one you found for your client. I just did this post about a bench at the end of the bed last week…love it…

18. Chic Coles Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

I just love benches at the end of beds! I have one currently and it is where I put all my pillows at night that are on the bed during the day!

19. Michelle Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

That bench is ah-mazing! Thanks for sharing!

20. Stephanie Sabbe Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

I love this from a design stand point,but if it were in my room it would be covered in clothes. sad but true.

21. ~ B. Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm #

~dreamy sigh~ I wish I had room for something as lovely as these in my bedroom, but alas! I don't. Thanks for posting such dreaminess! 🙂

22. The Laidlaws Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

Love this! My hubby and I just bought a storage ottoman for the foot of our bed and we LOVE it. If you ever need a high quality ottoman for cheap, here's the one we bought:

Good luck with your designs!
    xoxo

23. theLENNOXX Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Lovely inspiration! I love the bench look too, and the one you found for your client.. *swoon* love the leg detail!

xo Linda

24. lauren claire | on the park Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 11:46 pm #

I love this look! My favorite version of it is two upholstered x-benches, like the ones from Ballard. One day I'll have enough money saved up to make it happen in my room!

25. The Sister Sophisticate Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 1:53 am #

I think by the time I finish my room there is going to be an over abundance of sitting room. I love it all. My favorite is the peach chaise!

26. a' la mode Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 2:26 am #

Girl, you sure know how to pick out some images for inspiration. I LOVE me a bench. Period. I posted about these AMAZING burlap benches today that I saw at the Nashville Flea Market recently. How fun would that be? My hub might have cried if I bought another bench so I resisted. But I snapped a bunch of pics, lol!! xoxo Shelli

27. InteriorGroupie Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 2:57 am #

Love all those options for very different reasons!

I actually just posted yesterday about my DIY bench in our bedroom – feel free to stop by for a looksie! http://interiorgroupie.blogspot.com

28. john Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 5:38 am #

Gorgeous room. Everything in the room is beautiful.Love these. Thanks for sharing.
    Girls bedroom furniture

29. Loft32 Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 11:55 pm #

Great ideas! This reminds me…I really need to get a bench for my bedroom!

XO,
    Candace

30. Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} Friday, April 29, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Great picks!! I love seating at the end of the bed!

31. Pawleys Island Posh Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

I just absolutely LOVE this look. Can't wait to recover one for my master bedroom re-do!

32. Megan Monday, April 16, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

I love the horse photo in the first picture- do you know where that is from?

33. kimosaby Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

I'm in love with the picture of the horse in the first bedroom. The whole room actually looks great.

34. Angelica jolie Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 6:21 am #

I really feel great to see such kind of amazing work.
    online mattress and bed retailer

35. Adam Smith Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 6:05 am #

wow i just simply love the designs which you have added on this blog.
    Cheap king size bedroom sets