Feature Friday: a’ la mode

I am so incredibly excited about this Feature Friday today! I am featuring the beautiful home of Shelli who writes the blog a’ la’ mode
This is how she describes her design style.
 I am drawn to an eclectic mix of traditional furnishings and clean lines.  I love pops of color but on a calm and serene base palette.  I want there to be history in my space mixed with new, fresh furnishings.  I want the walls to speak about me and my family.  Where have we traveled?  What do we cherish?  Very rarely is there a wall hanging in my home with no story to tell.  I have an addiction to random chairs and I struggle with where to put them all.  My favorite pieces in my home are the large Ethiopian cross from my travels to Kenya and the gallery hall of my sweet girl her first year of life.  It is right outside her nursery.  We play a game every morning called ‘who’s that baby?’  She melts me.

I love her striped sofa!
You can read more about this room including sources here
You can read more about her dining room including sources here
You can read more about this room including sources here
You know I love a pink office.
(please note how high she hung her curtains and how great they look)
You can read more about this room including sources here
You can read more about this room including sources here
You can read more about the nursery including sources here
Isn’t Shelli talented! Make sure you check out her blog to get more great inspiration.
all pictures taken by Amber Beckham

, , , , , ,

31 Responses to Feature Friday: a’ la mode

1. hollyG Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:38 am #

Wow!! That first office photo is just WOW…!!!

2. Heather Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:49 am #

a very well dressed home! I like her pink office

3. Sarah Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:54 am #

Drop dead gorgeous! It's a great mix of modern, traditional and shabby chic. I love it!

4. StyleFrost Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:56 am #

Love this home tour, love the accessories, especially that moroccan pouffe, I want one! You have an amazing blog! x

5. Fran Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:57 am #

Beautiful home! I especially love her office and DR!

6. Abbe Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:58 am #

I found Shelli's blog last week and I am in love with her home! Thank you for the beautiful feature on her and the A La Mode blog!
    Abbe @ Studio Ten 25

7. FlirtyGems Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

The nursery is so unexpected I love the soft colors combined with pops of zebra and lime so refreshing!

8. Design Blooms Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

That office is really impressive, so spa like! Thanks for sharing her home with us!

9. à la mode Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

Ok that striped couch has to be in my house! i love it so very much! All of these photos are perfect!

10. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

After reading Shelli's description of her style I couldn't wait to see what her home looked like. I was not disappointed, it's fab-u-lous! It's obvious that she put her heart into creating a personalized space.

11. a' la mode Friday, April 22, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

Kristen, THANK YOU for having me 'over' today! I'm giddy! Happy Easter to you and your family! xoxo Shelli

12. lizziefitz Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

Shelli Rocks!!! I recently found Shelli's blog and I am completely Wowed! I really ,really want her dining room table…really.

Today is the last day to enter my pillow giveaway.

13. Kathy@mishmashmom Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:15 pm #

A.MAZ.ING! So much inspiration in Shelli's house!

14. Michelle @ Ten June Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous : ) Shelli is incredibly talented! I love every room, especially the dining room and office… heavenly!

15. Jessie Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

I have been following Shelli's blog for a while and she sure has great taste! I started to take note of her blog when I saw how beautifully she put together her daughter's first birthday party! Her home is beautiful!

Have a wonderful Easter!

Jessie

16. Kim @ keller-creative Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

Wow. There is not a room in this house I don't love. So much great pattern and texture.

17. Mrs. Taylor Friday, April 22, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Thanks for another delightful "feature Friday"… you find so many great women/blogs/homes to introduce us to!

18. Tote Friday, April 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

OK, I am ready to move in right now! What a beautiful home. Everything looks perfect.

Susan

19. lauren claire Friday, April 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

Oh boy, the office & nursery are ESPECIALLY fabulous! I love how the Lily Pulitzer rug can easily be in a boy's room as well. Thanks for sharing these, Kristen!

20. Hyphen Interiors Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

Yay for Shelli! Glad you found her beautiful home. Loved the photos.

21. Simple Dwellings Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

Wow- she is seriously talented. Her home is gorgeous. I love everything about the dining room!! And I could definitely blog from her office. 🙂 I also love the colors and style of the sweet nursery. Off to check out her blog. 🙂 Thanks for this feature.

22. The Downs Family Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:43 am #

I'm speechless right now! What an amazing, beautiful, perfect home…. Can I move in?

23. Style Studio Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

amazing design-love the integration of various styles and fabulous use of color-thanks for sharing-Tanya

24. Piekfein. Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

omg, i'm so in love with that office!!! wow!

25. Allison Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 4:20 am #

Shelli is so talented. I love every inch of her home and would move right in and not change a thing. Just gorgeous! Her office is beautiful and so pretty in that soft pink wall color. Thanks for the tour!

26. Jen of MadeByGirl Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

tHE nursery ROCKS…. :))))))))

27. Red Door Home Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

I love every single room in this house! Each space has amazing details and just flows so nicely into the next room. Thanks for sharing.

28. Chic Coles Monday, April 25, 2011 at 2:02 am #

What a beautiful house. So much talent in design. We are really liking the office and the nursery.

29. eastwitching Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

How elegant and fresh with touches of unique craetions throughout! I would love to live in a house with ceilings as high as the ones in the first few rooms you feature – what a feeling of space and opulence that creates! Love this! Thanks for sharing. Alison

30. Staci Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm #

GORGEOUS! Such a fun and unique style. Thanks for sharing!

31. makati condo Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 1:56 am #

Whoa' what an amazing post and I like pink color also. Your living room was really fantastic. You did a good job. Thank you for sharing.

Charles A