Bedroom Before and After

When I first saw my client’s bedroom I didn’t think it looked too bad. She had an Anthropologie quilt and bedskirt that were super colorful and fun. But the bedroom just didn’t feel like she wanted it too. She was tired of her old stuff and she wanted something much more peaceful and calm feeling.
Here is the moodboard I created and here is how it looks now!
It’s much more serene and peaceful than it was before. There was a tight budget on this room so I tried to make our dollars stretch. The lamps and artwork are from Home Goods.
The headboard was made by my seamstress Erin. The Euro shams are from Pottery Barn and the yellow pillows are done by Erin in one of my very favorite fabrics, Bleeker. The coral pillow in front is to the trade and is from Villa Home. We also changed out the wall color to a much calmer blue.

photography by Jessica Kettle Photography

30 Responses to Bedroom Before and After

1. Cove and Grey Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:35 am #

so fun to see the final look! I really like how it looks now

2. Natasha Simpson * Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

It looks great! I love seeing the mood board and then the finished product 🙂

Natasha

3. hollyG Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

It was very pretty before, but you did a fantastic job – I absolutely adore the current look of the room – it's beautiful! The wall color is much more calming.

4. a' la mode Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

What a great look! I have a bleeker pillow too and LOVE IT. That blue is my all time fav and I love the pop of coral – love. it. all. What a great find, those lamps at HomeGoods! xo shel

5. Jessie Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

Love the transformation. The room looks very stylish and beautiful now!

Jessie

6. Kristy @ I Design Love Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Oh my goodness! It looks so beautiful. I love how relaxing this room feels. The pillows are awesome 🙂

~Kristy from http://www.idesignlove.com

7. Kat Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

The pillows ARE awesome. I'm thinking I might need a little Erin in my life…

8. Natty by Design Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

It looks great! I love the pillow combination!

9. amber wallace Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

I love seeing the afters! It's beautiful! You have the best taste in fabric. Great job!

10. Carmel @ Our Fifth House Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

You always do such a fab job of mixing patterns! I LOVE the new bedding!

11. NewMom Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

This is my favorite transformation created by you so far! You did a great job creating the mood requested by your client;)

12. Martha Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

I love the new blue…what paint color did you use?

13. Megan Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm #

Love all those pillows – so awesome and fun

14. Emily M. Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

what is she doing with the anthro bed set? i love it! is she selling it? the new room looks AMAZING as always! good job kirsten!

15. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

Fantastic job. I like that you incorporated some of the bright colors that she used in her "before" room. It's still peaceful, but the pillows add a fun element.

16. page Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 5:57 pm #

Love the before and after- instant gratification! Great the new look. I like how much calmer it feels and love that Bleeker!

17. Miranda Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

I think you did a lovely job! You do such great things with pillows. And I love the paint color, not completely different but enough of a change to go with the rest of the updates.

18. jandjhome Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

The room looks beautiful. So serene and elegant.

19. Allison Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 9:21 pm #

It's a beautiful room! You did a really lovely job. Great pillows. That blue is so peaceful and relaxing. It's a gorgeous color. Can you share what paint color that is?

20. OAK House 5. Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

Drooling over that headboard!

21. Bringing Pretty Back Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:31 pm #

The room is calmer… wow, that headboard is wonderful, and love the new blue color.
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

22. amelia Friday, July 1, 2011 at 1:36 am #

it looks INCREDIBLE!!! great work as always kirsten!

23. Crystal @ Ordinary Days Friday, July 1, 2011 at 3:53 am #

Wow, that is really beautiful. Serene, calming, stylish, and my kind of colors. Beautiful job. 🙂

24. το χειρότεχνο Friday, July 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

wow!!!!the room looks very beautiful

25. reiter8 Friday, July 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I love before and after's!

Lovely combo with the fabrics – not matchy matchy but everything works.

Great job!

26. Lauren Clark Monday, July 4, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

I love how this room turned out – very serene and calming. In love with those lamps!

27. Ashley @ DesignBuildLove.co Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

totally gorgeous makeover! LOVE the toned down walls and amazing lamps! I'm totally going to have to go to Home Goods and try and find those!!!

28. Brittany Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 1:33 am #

Where did you get the throw at the foot of the bed?

29. Give me money Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 4:59 am #

that look so nice ......

30. lulusparkles Monday, February 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Love it! Where is the light blue quilt from? Just what I am looking for!