Busy Weekend

I’ve been making a few updates on my kitchen over the weekend. I just wanted to show this picture so you could appreciate how much better my new chairs look compared to the old ones.
I spent all week last week painting these chairs from orange to white. I only got four done. I still have four more to go.
But I seriously love how they turned out! Plus do you notice anything else new?
My husband gave me a new backsplash for my birthday! I love it. I have been dreaming of a simple white subway tile backsplash since we moved in.
My cousin installed it for us. I got the subway tile at Home Depot for 25 cents a tile. It is really beautiful. I love how shiny it looks!
There is still a long way to go in this kitchen. I need a new table for sure plus I want to put knobs on all the cabinet doors and drawers. But I’m getting there…

42 Responses to Busy Weekend

1. Tonia Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:09 am #

Looking Good. I like the subway tile backsplash and I love the rug as well.

2. Fran Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:13 am #

Kirsten, looks great!! I love the white touches!! Out of curiosity, did you sand them before priming & painting?

3. Emily A. Clark Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Love the addition of the chairs and tiles! Nice bday present 🙂

4. Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:31 am #

The chairs look great, and I'm loving the new back splash!!

5. Helena - A Diary of Lovely Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:45 am #

love it! and the new chairs give the perfect white to the space

6. Rachel Gray Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

The chairs look so good! And that white subway tile backsplash… awesome! Props to the hubs!

7. hollyG Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

I've been wanting to do a similar backsplash and now that i know 25 cents a tile I might have to do it – what a great gift! The chairs look great – I love changes that go a long way.

8. Kelly Krugh Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

Sounds like a great birthday present!! 🙂 The chairs look wonderful, and the backsplash makes a big difference. I hope you're having a great week!

9. Nicole-Lynn Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Looks great! Love the area rug!

10. scsd Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

love that area rug! do tell! patience is key – you'll get there!

xo. Sc.

11. amber wallace Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

What a good birthday present! I love the white chairs too. I'm looking forward to your knob choice. We need to add some to our builder cabinets one of these days.

12. Whitney Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

Cute and fresh and happy, just like you! Can't wait to see which knobs you choose. Happy bday, too! — Whitney, Consider Yourself At Home

13. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

You did a great job on the chairs and I love the tile, .25 cents a tile, what a bargain for such impact.

14. Aja Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

It looks great! Those chairs are awesome- freshens it up nicely!

15. Meg Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

Looking good! I love the new chairs and you just can't beat fresh, white subway tile!

16. Laura Trevey Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

I love your rug!!

xoxo

17. Jen@Organized-Design Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Love the way the chairs turned out! They really make a big impact in your space. What a fun b-day present!

18. Alysson Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

It's beautiful!! I love the new chairs. Where did you get your hand towel?! that's adorable…I think I found similar ones at Anthro, but was curious if you knew another place with fun towels??

19. MEGMAC Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

LOVE the chairs – can't believe you found them on Craigslist! Great work!

megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

20. Jessie Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

The West Elms chairs, the rug and the white backsplash all look fabulous! I am sure your kitchen will get there, can't wait to see further progress!

Jessie

21. Angela and Enrique Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

The chairs are awesome and I love the subway tiles! Looks great!

22. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

I love that your birthday present was subway tiles, a girl after my own heart!!! And the chairs make such a big difference…the room has a completely different feel now! They look great on the rug…

23. sarpat Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

looks great!! where is the rug from?

24. shirley slee Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Huge difference! I'm a black and white girl myself, don't like in-between, check out my remodel of my kitchen, I did the whole project myself, hubby finally helped the last home stretch! http://thesleefamily.blogspot.com/2011/04/momma-checked-out.html

25. Cove and Grey Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

looks SO good! Love how those chairs turned out

26. Emily Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

loving the chairs. it's nice to know that good things take time!

27. jamie @ kreyv Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

Love the chairs! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that is ecstatic about getting birthday presents like tile, knobs, paint, etc.!

28. Chassity (Look Linger Love) Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Those chairs looks so great, Kirsten!! XOXO

29. Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm #

Those chairs are great – it must have been so much work! well done – x

30. Kristy @ I Design Love Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

Love the west elm dining chairs!

31. Carmel @ Our Fifth House Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

I LOVE those chairs! The backsplash looks great – subway tile is so fresh and classic – goes with all styles! What a great hubby you have – nice bday present!

32. Erin Elizabeth Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

Love that rug! Gorgeous dining area;)

33. Mary Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

I loved the way your kitchen looked before, but now I love it even more! The subway tile is awesome and those chairs, well, you can't go wrong with those chairs!

34. Miranda Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

That subway tile looks GORGEOUS! I am positive that I want the exact same thing in my kitchen and I am scheming and dreaming of the day I can make it happen!

I seriously love everything about your house. Thanks for sharing it.

35. Brooke Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm #

I love the tile backsplash! We decided to go with a subway travertine tile in our kitchen. We have a bit wider than a galley, and it works nicely. I feel like large tile in a kitchen with not a lot of backsplash space makes the space look smaller. What do you think?

36. Crystal @ Ordinary Days Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:30 pm #

I would LOVE to have white subway tile. Looks fantastic!

37. Joi Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

Both look great! Those chairs were quite the deal! So happy you scored them. : )

38. Moddy Bee Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 5:37 am #

i love your chairs!!! we did subway tile in our kitchen. I LOVE it!! kitchens are my favorite part of the house to decorate!

39. I'm Busy Procrastinating Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 5:56 am #

Loving the kitchen rug. And the chairs and new subway tile sure do help with the sprucing up! We have a white subway tiles in our kitchen and master shower, and I love them.

40. SHERRY HART Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Boy, just those few changes really made a difference. Painting those chairs must be a lot of work….especially with the fretwork on the back. Love how they look in there.

41. Ryan Monday, September 19, 2011 at 3:34 am #

I'm finally checking out your post. The tile worked out well, it really turned out nice. Glad to see such a positive response from everyone. This just made my night.

-your cousin, Ryan