Drafting Table Turned Dining Table

I am sure you remember the amazing home from Dream Book Design I featured. Well I was browsing their blog this week and I just had to share this amazing project.  A dining table made from a vintage drafting table.
Isn’t it beautiful! I need some talent like that in my home. I am amazed by their creativity.
You can see the entire project tutorial on their blog here

15 Responses to Drafting Table Turned Dining Table

1. Trissta Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 2:17 am #

Oh my goodness! This is such an awesome idea! I'm a Landscape Architect, so I know where to get a few desks like that! Sooo gorgeous!

Much Love,
    Trissta

2. Simply LKJ Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 2:20 am #

What a fabulous idea! Love, love, love!!!

3. Laure A. Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 2:52 am #

Love it!

4. Jessie Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 7:38 am #

What a wonderful idea! Love the new table.

Jessie

5. Coley Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Yes, gorgeous!

6. The Sister Sophisticate Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

FAB-U-LOOOOUUS…..(singing it out!)

7. Brooke Monday, June 27, 2011 at 12:37 am #

It looks great! I love their stuff. I just started following them because of your blog. I also LOVE the yellow and black chair that is in the corner in the last pic. GREAT TALENT over there at DREAMBOOK DESIGN!

8. Design A-Peele Monday, June 27, 2011 at 2:00 am #

absolutely beautiful! I just love it!

9. pve design Monday, June 27, 2011 at 7:55 am #

i have the same drafting table and it needs a top just like that….
    pve

10. Kristy @ I Design Love Monday, June 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

I love it! Such a beautiful drafting table 🙂

11. Rachel Gray Monday, June 27, 2011 at 8:37 pm #

My husband recently made our dining room table with wood we tore out of our house. I will let you know when I post about it! It's one of my favorite things in our home!

12. discountluxuryfurniture Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Thanks for the Post. You Can get wonderful designs in dining table like contemporary shapes, tables having Oak-wood.Check Below For More Details
    Dining Table

13. Drafting Tables Monday, September 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

Finally a post about what I was looking for! Thanks so much. I actually came across a wood drafting table at the swap meet this weekend and was looking for some inspiration about how to turn it into a table. Thanks again! Great minds think alike I guess :0)

14. Give me money Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:03 am #

nice wood table......

15. workplace wellbeing Monday, September 3, 2012 at 9:03 am #

It is always to your advantage to know what your needs are so you can better choose the drafting table, or what others call drawing table, that best fits your requirements. Other than learning more about your needs, you will also need to have an idea of the different kinds of drafting tables so you can better gauge which one to choose.