Client Living Room Sprucing Up

The same client that had this bedroom and this nursery makeover needed some help sprucing up her Living Room. Overall it was done but she needed some more exciting fabrics in the room. The basic color scheme was black and yellow. I wanted to infuse some teal and red into the room as well. Overall we just needed more pizazz!
Here is the design scheme I created for the room.
Here is the after!
Isn’t it amazing what new window treatments can do for a space?
The fabric for the draperies is this Duralee fabric. I really love the pattern and I think it’s especially great for window treatments.
Most of the pillows were purchased on Etsy or made by Erin
I think this room is much happier now! I know my client is.

, ,

29 Responses to Client Living Room Sprucing Up

1. Shanna Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 10:02 am #

It looks great! Amazing that the only change was the fabrics!

2. LeBaron Interiors Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 11:55 am #

Looks great Kirsten! I am sure she loves the new updates. It never ceases to amaze me how Fabric has such an impact on a room.

3. mom2marbles Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

YOU ARE AMAZING!! LOVE IT!

4. Rachel Gray Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Awesome, Kirsten! You are so great at adding color in such a fun and beautiful way! Love seeing your work!

ps-I posted our master bath makeover today. Would love for you to see! It's going to be featured in Cottages and Bungalows magazine!

5. hollyG Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

In answer to your question – yes! You got me to see the light as far as window treatments go and this room is such a great example of that. Amazing what some fun patterns can do to spice up a room. good job Kirsten – I bet your client is very happy.

6. Posh House Originals Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

The curtains brightened that room! Love all the color and texture in the new pillows too! Gorgeous!

7. designnsuch Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

Love the curtains!!

8. Kristy @ I Design Love Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

The window treatments really make the room pop. It looks so good!

9. Jessie Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

The new curtains and the throw pillows definitely jazz up the room! Great additions!

Jessie

10. amber wallace Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

Love this bright, happy room. I'm using the silhouette kiwi fabric for some upcoming drapes in a bedroom. It hasn't arrived yet but this makes me more anxious for them to get here! Love love love your fabric choices!

11. Brooke Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

This looks so cute! I especially love the drapes and the floral fabric on the throw pillows. What is that fabric, or from which Etsy story did you buy it!? Would be perfect in my living room to bring everything together!

12. Kristy {The Kiki Chronicles} Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

This post makes me happy! Especially since I have the same Campione Jacobean pillows and stripe pillows in my living room 🙂 Reading blogs, especially yours Kirsten, has really helped me narrow in on my style and design choices. Your work is gorgeous and inspiring. Luv!!

13. Kelly Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

Beautiful! I've been just eating up your designs lately – so inspiring!

I think the black and white stripes are my favorite, oddly. They add so much punch! Love it!

14. Moddy Bee Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

i so need to add drapes to my family room!!! you do such a good job! i still need to make my pillows for my couch..amongs a billion other things!! what is my DEAL, i need to get on it!

15. Lucky Girl Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Everything looks fabulous! I especially love the deep turquoise plush pillow on the chair. Was it also from Etsy Kirsten?

16. Coley Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

Wonderful how those minor changes can make such a major impact!!

17. Abby Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

i love this! it's amazing just what a small change like this can do.

18. Stephanie Sabbe Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

looks great!!

19. redesigningsarah Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

Looks great – love the curtains!

20. Simple Dwellings Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

Wow- I love the drapery! What a great transformation. The new window treatments really make the space! 🙂

21. Bunny from Couleur Nature Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm #

Bunny From Couleur Nature: Love those fabrics, but especially the drapes. Makes me want new window treatments. . .

22. Lauren Clark Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 12:00 am #

Love love love the drape fabric! Perfect picks for this room.

23. A Lived in Home Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 2:20 am #

Me likey all the fabrics! I didn't even notice the shutters until the new drapes were against them. They make a huge difference!

24. Anonymous Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 4:36 am #

new to your blog and love all your designs!! LOVE the floral pillow…where did it come from/or what is the fabric name?

25. Homestyling101 Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Wow! Amazing changes! I have such a pet peeve against those rod pocket panels…never hang well! Besides the fabric, putting the drapery hooks give such a nicer feel. Love your use of patterns!

26. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Such simple changes with huge impact! Great job, love the new colors you infused…and of course the drapes!

27. Unknown Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm #

Aren't the drapes hung upside down?

28. megrobins Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 5:21 am #

WOW! The window treatments are PHENOMENAL. Definitely the extra punch that this room needed! Hmm… would look fabulous in my living room too… might need to make a fabric purchase soon 😉

-Meg

29. Stephanie Ammons Monday, June 30, 2014 at 3:22 pm #

I found this room makeover on Pinterest and fell in love with the color scheme. What is the name of the floral pattern you used on the throw pillows? Thanks!