Front Porch Complete

Remember this post about my front porch plans? Well it turns out the swing idea was not meant to be. It turns out my porch roof is vinyl and not wood which means I can’t exactly drill into it. So on to plan B. I got two wicker rocking chairs from Pier 1 instead and I love them! They are super comfy and I feel like spending hours just rocking in them.
I had Erin make me a cushion and pillow from this fabric and this fabric
 I love summer!

32 Responses to Front Porch Complete

1. Lauren Clark Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Love the porch area – bright and colorful for summer. Makes me want to sit and rock with a glass of ice tea. Love the fabric choices!

2. Fran Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Looks great Kirsten – those fabric colors are so vibrant and bright!! Perfect for the summer!

3. Shelley Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:49 am #

Great fabric ! It's so bright and cheery, I could spend hours sitting there rocking 🙂

4. Designology Interiors Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:51 am #

I've been obsessing over that peacock print! Your porch looks fantastic.

5. Emily Curfew Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

Your porch makeover turned out fabulous. Those bright blues look awesome with the crisp white. The wicker rockers look really comfy!!

6. hollyG Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

So pretty – I love being able to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. Even better when you have great comfy chairs to relax in.

7. Kerry Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Great choice – the chairs and the fabric are so fun and summery for a front porch! We've been working on our curb appeal ever since the weather turned nice, and we're still looking for the perfect chairs to put on our new front porch….

8. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Loving the combination of patterns with the white wicker. I used to have a large front porch with wicker furniture at our last house, it was the perfect place to have tea parties with my little girl. I'm sure you'll be spending time there with your little man.

9. jamie @ kreyv Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Love it!

10. Kristy @ I Design Love Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

I love the Schumacher fabric! You probably have the best looking porch in all of the neighborhood 🙂

Kristy

11. Jessie Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Love those fabrics, so vibrant and summery! Nice porch, perfect for enjoying the fabulous summer weather!

Jessie

12. Jen@Organized-Design Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

LOVE the fabrics you used. I'm sure your porch is the cheeriest one on the block!

13. Amy Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Love it! …and I am such a sucker for hanging plants, too!

14. Leah Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Oh I love how bright and cheery they are! Exactly how a porch should be!

Luvs

15. ALi Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

love these colors together, perfect for summer, and reminds me of a tropical getaway!

16. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

Such a breath of fresh air! Looks wonderful. Enjoy your time out there.

17. Allison Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

That is a beautiful front porch! Love the bold and fun prints together with the white wicker.

18. carlee {deliciously organized} Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Loving the bright colors. Looks sunny there, jealous!

19. Jenna Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

These look gorgeous! You have the most beautiful taste at choosing bold, patterned fabric!

20. classic • casual • home Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 5:10 pm #

What an inviting and colorful spot! I mentioned your fabulous Online Fabric post in my post today. Thanks!

21. katie [the bright life] Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

looks great, i really love those bright colors together!! xo, katie

22. Coley Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

LOVE those colors!

23. Chic Coles Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

Great fabric and colors! You're so lucky to have a great place to go sit out and have cocktails!

24. Mary Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

Beautiful Porch! Dave and I would love to feature it on our site (Front-Porch-Ideas-And-More.com) along with your decorating ideas. Please let us know.

25. Elisa @ What the Vita Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

I feel like diving into the deep blue of the cushions and swimming for hours! They are perfect.

26. Kayla McKelvey Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 12:41 am #

The hanging planters, the white wicker chairs, the bold, bright patterns…perfection! =)

27. PaulinaMo Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 12:52 am #

Love the patterns on the cushions!! they are so vibrant :)!

~Pau

28. Elsa Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 3:06 am #

I love the fabrics you chose! It looks beautiful.

29. lisaroyhandbags Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 4:51 am #

so pretty! I've always wanted a porch swing too but your rockers are a great compromise – love the fabrics! 🙂

30. fabulousfurniture Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 6:23 am #

Love the white wicker rockers. They literally….rock! 🙂

31. deck builder Saturday, July 30, 2011 at 10:30 am #

Your porch makeover is amazing! I like the combination of patterns. It is amazing how sometimes just the simplest things can make a big difference.

32. Jennifer Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 10:50 am #

I have the same chairs from Pier One but in mocha. Did you buy the base cushions from somewhere and then had someone sew a cover for it? If so would you mind sharing where you bought the cushions from. I am interested in getting some cushion covers made but have looked everywhere to try to find cushions that will fit based on the dimensions that Pier One sells but have had no such luck. Thanks!