Sidney by the Sea, Victoria

My husband and I spent Thursday and part of Friday visiting Sidney-by-the-Sea in Victoria on the Vancouver Islands of Canada. It was beautiful. I wish we could have stayed longer.
My husband is a pilot and every now and then I’ll try and go out with him on one of his overnights. This one in Victoria is too good to miss.
The hotel was beautiful.
We stayed at the Sidney Pier Hotel and Spa. It’s right next to the water and down the street are great shops and restaurants.
One of the best parts of this hotel is the hotel dog Dave. He lives at the hotel and you can take him on walks whenever you want.
My husband and I are huge dog lovers so this was really fun for us.
We also took a walk along the pier. The view was breathtaking.
For dinner that night we ate Fish and Chips at Fish on 5th.
After that we spent some time at the local Farmers Market.
There were tons of people shopping, playing music in the street and visiting with each other.
This was my first time to Canada and I hope it’s not my last. We had such a great time. The people were so lovely and the landscape is incredible!

20 Responses to Sidney by the Sea, Victoria

1. Lisa - A Room with A View Monday, July 25, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Looks idyllic and relaxing!

2. Elsa Monday, July 25, 2011 at 11:50 am #

It looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely time.

3. Cason and Marie Monday, July 25, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Amazing pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun time! I love your style.

4. Lucky Girl Monday, July 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Glad to see that you had a good time – and decent weather! A friend of mine just got back from 2 weeks in the Vancouver Island area and they had mostly rain and drizzle. Maybe on your next trip you will make it to the Ontario area 🙂

By the way, thanks for stopping my blog!

5. Carol Monday, July 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Glad you enjoyed your first visit to Canada. Vancouver Island is just about my favourite place in Canada. (I live in near Toronto,Ontario.) I stayed at the Sidney Pier Hotel and Spa last June and loved my short visit in the Victoria area.

6. Jessie Monday, July 25, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

I am glad you had a wonderful time in Canada. I haven't been to Canada before and I would love to visit one day. Those views are beautiful, by the way!

Jessie

7. hollyG Monday, July 25, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

Looks like my kind of trip – great weather, great scenery, great company, and great food. Looks like you had a nice trip.

8. Vanessa Dawne Monday, July 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

I'm so glad you enjoyed our part of paradise on Vancouver Isle! No, we don't always get rain, hee hee. We have mild temperatures & a relaxed 'island' lifestyle that enhances creativity.
    I love your site & often get great ideas for projects. Great job!
    Vanessa Dawne
    dawnedesign.net

9. I'm Busy Procrastinating Monday, July 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

We just returned from a trip to Vancouver and Seattle, and did some sea kayaking off San Juan Island, which is across the water from Vancouver Island. That whole part of the country is just gorgeous. I would love to go back in the future and get over to Victoria. Did you hear about go to Butchard (sp?) Gardens while there? I've heard it's amazing, but we didn't have time to fit it in during our trip.

10. Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:09 pm #

The Victoria area is such a beautiful place to visit. Glad you enjoyed your time in Canada!

11. Cove and Grey Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

Looks like you had an amazing trip!! that hotel room is gorgeous! And of course I love that the hotel had a dog that you could take on walks…how awesome!

12. Jenn Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:02 am #

Looks beautiful! I stayed at a hotel in San Antonio that had a dog that lived there. It was so cool. I'm a huge dog person so I took him on walks and gave him some lovin everyday.

13. Crystal @ Ordinary Days Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:31 am #

Looks like so much fun! Lucky you!! 🙂

14. hire web developer Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 6:23 am #

All the pictures are marvelous. The real fun you only have experienced it seems. I am overwhelmed with the excitement and fun you had seeing these pictures only. Keep enjoying every moment of your life.

15. Saudah Saleem Interiors Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Beautifuil pictures! Looks like you had a great time. Wow such a coincidence. My husband just asked me if I wanted to go to Canada for our anniversary in 2 weeks. I will check out the Sydney Pier Hotel. It looks really serene.

16. despinis Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

fish and chips ı loveeeee it – with newspaper:):)

17. casey at loft and cottage Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Looks like a lovely getaway! I've never been to Vancouver, but it's on my someday list!

18. autumn Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

it looks perfect! i love that you are cuddles up in a blanket in the middle of july! getting away together is such a treat. glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    🙂

19. Soul Pretty Sunday, August 7, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

Looks like big fun! Thanks for sharing.

20. brem Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 4:25 am #