Feature Friday: The Cottage Mix

Today I am featuring the beautiful home of Lauren Leonard of the blog The Cottage Mix.  Lauren is a designer and her home reflects her great taste. When asked to describe her style here is what she said:
When decorating my home I tend to lean towards light, neutral wall colors and solid fabrics for upholstered furniture.  I like to add color and pattern through accessories, fabrics and artwork.  I also like to have a good mix of textures and finishes.

I live in north Florida, so I am close to coastal Georgia and South Carolina and I am drawn to the design style of these coastal homes.  They are light & airy and traditional…elements that I love.  To add character to my house, I’ve incorporated different types of trim work such as built-in’s, tongue & groove planking and ship-lap walls.  Some girls like shoes, I like carpentry.  Is there a support group for that?!?!
Enjoy!
Thanks so much to Lauren for sharing her home with us. Make sure you check out her blog here.

, , ,

27 Responses to Feature Friday: The Cottage Mix

1. Fran Friday, August 26, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Absolutely beautiful – her choice of colors are so fresh, serene and calm!!

2. Holly Friday, August 26, 2011 at 11:45 am #

She has a beautfiul home – quite magazine worthy! I really love the fireplace and sitting area.

3. abode love Friday, August 26, 2011 at 11:57 am #

I really love the bunk room and the creamy, horizontal wall paneling. What a great home, thanks for sharing!

abodelove.blogspot.com

4. Meg Friday, August 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

Wow! Lauren's home is so bright and pristine. It's really beautiful!

5. Miss Hannah B. Friday, August 26, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Beautiful home, I love the woodwork. It inspires me to some of the same in my home. Thanks for the great post!

6. Leah Friday, August 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Wow, this is a beautiful home! I am taking notes.

xo L.

7. Tara {The Silver Lining} Friday, August 26, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Absolutely gorgeous!! The entryway is perfection! and what kid wouldn't want to have that bunkbed room? So many wonderful details in every room. Definitely saving these as inspiration!

8. Becky Ann Friday, August 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Beautiful! I love the bead-board in the little kitchen alcove. It's amazing what a difference wall texture and those gorgeous breezy colors can make in a home!

Becky from Love, Parlor Talk

9. Anonymous Friday, August 26, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

Great home. Love the photos!!

'Please visit our new website http://www.tableandtop.com'

10. Domesticated-Bliss Friday, August 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm #

I love everything about this home, can I just move in???

11. Jessie Friday, August 26, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

Beautiful home. Love those gorgeous lamps, wingback chairs and the woodwork details. A very inspirational home indeed.

Jessie

12. classic • casual • home Friday, August 26, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Such a lovely home. I love the desk behind the sofa and the fun bunk room.

13. Coley Friday, August 26, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Such a goreous home! Love the mix of textures she uses.

Coley @

14. Simple Dwellings Friday, August 26, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Wow- her home is stunning! It should be in Coastal Living magazine! I love the chandelier in the dining room and the lantern hung towards the living room. And the foyer was a jawdropper for me! off to check out her blog. Happy Weekend!

15. Pine Tree Home Friday, August 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm #

Oh my gosh. This is my I WANT ALL OF IT type house. Like I could blink my eyes and wish my house was exactly like theirs. Great inspiration. What I love is even though all their windows don't have beefy trim, the space looks cottage like. I always hated that about my house, but I see what you can do!

16. Jennifer Lee Friday, August 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

I'm so glad there's another picture up of the dining room! i wanted to see more of that chandelier, and i love the painting 🙂

17. The Corson Cottage Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 2:08 am #

Wow! What an amazing home. I love the airy coastal style. The chandelier in the dining room is to die for!

18. Angela and Enrique Monday, August 29, 2011 at 2:46 am #

I love this house and I love Feature Friday but I have to admit- it always leaves me curious to what the outside of the house looks like. Can you post outside home pictures or do the owners not like that?

19. jamie @ [kreyv] Monday, August 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm #

Beautiful.

20. SHERRY HART Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

Beautiful…love all of the soft colors. It does have a coastal feel which makes it even more appealing to me!

21. Give me money Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 4:43 am #

amazing home......

22. Callie Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 10:59 am #

Gorgeous home! I am curious about the color used in the entryway? Please let me know, as I would love to use it in my own home!

23. Staci Friday, August 30, 2013 at 2:13 am #

Where did you get that amazing sofa?

24. Banita Clayson Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 3:48 pm #

Can you tell me where the bed is from?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 1:37 pm #

Sorry but we didn’t design this room. You can try reaching out to Lauren from the Cottage Mix.

25. Kimberly Zapata Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 2:12 pm #

Hello,

I’m writing to you on behalf of Disney’s Babble.com. We’d love to include an image of one of the bunk beds on your blog on our site. The photo can be found here:

Would you be willing to give us permission to use your photos on our site and social pages? We will link back to your site and give you proper photo credit.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Kimberly Zapata
    Writer/Freelancer, Babble.com

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 2:12 pm #

Thanks for your interest in this space. We actually don’t own this home. Maybe try and reach out to the owner of the home, I am sure she would be happy to help you.