Jett’s Nautical Birthday Party

This year for Jett’s party I decided to go with the Nautical theme. I had so much fun putting this party together. I’ve been planning it for months now.

Here are the invites I sent out. I made them with my trusty power point program.
I found the nautical code flags at a local boat shop.
They were really fun to have hanging.
The striped plates were from Shop Sweet Lulu. The red plates are from Target and the napkins were found at Home Goods.
I had Janelle from One Sweet Slice make this amazing cake. She was amazing to work with and she did an incredible job.
I told her I wanted an ombre wave theme and she totally carried out my vision.
I made this watermelon boat using these instructions.
The nautical cupcake toppers were bought here. I thought they were super cute.
I created this drink station with fabric found at Home Fabrics for $5.99 a yard and a plastic life saver from a local party store.
I found some great red striped paper straws here.  I added the blue flags with blue ribbon and double stick tape. The bird art was found at T.J. Maxx and is by Two’s Company.
I made these little foam boats for the kids to float from these kits. I just used a permanent marker to add some blue stripes. I also used one of these for my cake topper.
The kids had a great time floating them and getting all wet!
I wanted to have some kind of boat for the kids to play in. I just constructed this out of cardboard. I added a couple of these flags. The backdrop was made from this. I just cut it to size. Jett loved it.
We even let the bigger kids play in it.
I made the favors with plastic fish from a party store and lifesaver mints.
I used this tag that I made in Power Point. Feel free to snag it from my blog if you want to use it for anything!
All in all we had a great time. I am sad that it’s all over. I guess it’s time to start planning next years party…

, , ,

58 Responses to Jett’s Nautical Birthday Party

1. Simply LKJ Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:10 am #

What an adorable party! Love all the bright colors. The cake looks amazing, and I love the little boats. Such sweet touches.

2. Southern Exposure Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:11 am #

So cute! I LOVE the ombre cake!

3. Sadie + Stella Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:33 am #

What a DARLING birthday party. That ombre cake is something else. Truly. Went off without a hitch. Great job Kirsten!

4. Karrasch Clique Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:34 am #

Cute birthday party!

5. abode love Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:38 am #

This party was just SO inspired! I love every little detail- wow! I'll have to remember this precious theme for my nephews! Thanks for sharing!

abodelove.blogspot.com

6. Shelley Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:49 am #

INSANELY great party!!! That cake takes the cake, hahahaha, it took my breath away 😀 What a lucky little boy – Happy Birthday!

7. Tiffanie {Pineapples and Pickles} Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Major cuteness! Love your creativity.

8. Lisa - A Room with A View Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

Very creatively put together-love all the nautical touches!

9. Farah of Legally Stylish Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

LOVE that cake and all the nautical touches are amazing!

10. daninotes Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

Darling party! I am in LOVE with that cake!!!!!!

11. Rachel {polkadotsandpuppies.com} Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

This party is soooo darling, Kirsten! Well done 🙂 I must know the name of the store where you purchased those nautical flags. I've been looking for those for my son's room.

• Anonymous Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

did you find out where she got these?

12. Full House Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

Very well put together…love it.

13. Tara {The Silver Lining} Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

What an amazing party!! That cake?! Soo cute! All of the details are adorable. Looks like he loved it!

14. Meghann @ A Lovely Avenue Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

This is the cutest party! It turned out great!

15. christine {bijouandboheme} Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Could this be ANY cuter? Absolutely adorable…what a lucky/precious little boy!!!

16. Jessie Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Wow! What a great party! Every detail are so well thought out and so inspiring. I love the gorgeous cake and the drink station!

You did a great job planning this fabulous and fun party, Kirsten. I am sure Jett and all the guests were thrilled!

Jessie

17. Laura Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

Darling!! What a cute birthday party for a little cutie, each detail is perfect!!

18. Nan @ Playful Decor Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

That is so cute! And the cake – WOW. I used to live in SLC and times like this I wish I was still there – I'd camp out at her door and wait for cake! LOL!
    Also wanted you to know I just opened a new blog party on kids decor and would love for you to join. Here is the direct link: http://playfuldecor.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesdays-nursery.html It's for any age rooms, any decor accessories, etsy items, even pinterest pins! I hope you can make it! Give a hello to the mountains for me! Have a great day, Nan

19. Anonymous Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

that all looks amazing! he's one lucky kid! 🙂 -jen

20. shirley slee Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

So sweet, love the cake, so creative, all the decorations, amazing!!

21. monique Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

What a beautiful little celebration!! well done 🙂

22. A Blissful Nest Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

darling Kirsten!! Great job and I love the cake!!

23. Sally Rae Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 4:18 pm #

Oh…that cake is so, so cute. You did a great job!

24. Meg Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

Everything looked amazing! My top three faves about Jett's party were his cake, the photo backdrop and boat, and the cute little nautical straws!

25. Staci Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

You did such an awesome job. i l think you should be a party planner on the side! The cake is beautiful!

26. Cove and Grey Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

AMAZING!! You did such a great job 🙂 I'm sure Jett loved everything about it

27. Coley Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm #

This is an AWESOME party! Loving all the details!

Coley @

28. Aja Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm #

I LOVE this party!! SO CUTE! You did a fantastic job and that cake is to die for!!
    So where do you print out the invites you make? At home or do you send somewhere?.. thanks!!

29. Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

Adorable party…and Jett is so stinking cute! Love the shot at the end of the two of you…clearly you both had a great time!

30. pam@pixelimpress Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

the cake is gorgeous! what a fun party. we drove through utah on our move from seattle to dallas last week. what beautiful scenery! especially moab. we stopped in slc for in-n-out burgers…. my first one!

31. Chrystine Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Lovely! Very well done. I cannot believe the adorable invitations that you make in Powerpoint. Would love to see a tutorial on that sometime!

32. Anonymous Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 6:45 pm #

You should be a party planner, too! Can I hire you for Lucy's b-day party?
    You are too cute!
    Kathleen

33. Nikki Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

This is so perfect! I can't wait to plan my future kids birthday parties 😉

34. allegra Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

Whoa nellie! This is AMAZING! The nautical theme is too cute. Nicely done…all the little details you put in made such an impact. And that cake, WOW. love love.

35. Gaby [The Vault Files] Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

Happy B-day to your little guy Kirsten! Everything looked fantastic! LOOOVE the cake, and the foam boats are so cute 😉

36. Lydia Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 9:11 pm #

I love it!!

37. Amy Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 9:57 pm #

Beautiful, Kirsten! You are so good with all of the details and making it fun for the kiddos too!

38. Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

This is fabulous! Where do you ever find the time? What an inspiration. Kuddos.

39. M Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

This turned out absolutely darling. Love that cake.

40. autumn Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 4:38 pm #

SO darling! every detail was just perfect. i know how much work and time goes into kids birthday parties, and i am in awe of what you did here. jett is the cutest thing ever! i think my favorite things were the CAKE, and i also loved the party favors, and that framed bird etching added such a fun, vintage vibe that i love. thanks for sharing!

41. travelkate Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

THis party is AMAZING! Adorable! That cake is my favorite!

42. Jennifer@TheWaymanFamilyNest Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

Thanks for sharing Kirsten! I loved it all! You had everything perfect down to the last detail. Wonderful job. Thanks for the inspiration!

43. Paula Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 2:40 am #

So cute and that cake is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

44. leanne Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:09 am #

i adore the party and all the details, especially that cake! so many ideas to steal! thanks for sharing x

45. Kristy Friday, September 9, 2011 at 7:04 am #

Power point for cards etc? How?! Pray tell…

46. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 5:08 am #

What a cute and well put together party! Love it! Great Job 🙂

47. Ainsley Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

Love this. You are amszing! Where o where did you find the yellow chevron table cloth? I need it.=)

48. Give me money Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 4:40 am #

wow awasom......

49. Annie @ House on Rene Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 3:29 am #

I love this party! You too look sooo cute in that shot at the end. You are such a fun mom. I used your cake as an example of making a trend your own here… http://houseonrene.blogspot.com/2012/02/making-trend-your-own.html

50. Midwest Scrapbook Monday, March 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

As I have found the elegant concept about birthday party from this source. Specially, the cakes of this nautical party is really looking awesome. I am totally crazy to see this one. It's truly one of the most worthy experienced source for me. Thanks for sharing.

51. Kathy Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

I found your post through Pinterest. What a great nautical party and some great ideas.

52. Anonymous Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

I've been looking for signal flags just this size with no luck. Could you tell us what boat shop they came from? I'm hoping they still carry them and will ship them!

53. eiersatz Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 9:03 am #

It seems as if the party was the best kids party ever? This cake is so wonderful, beautiful waves and everything. Lot's of fun, eh?

54. Funtasia Nyc Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

What a cute array of goodies! Love the cake especially. Themed birthday parties are certainly so much fun and a sure fire hit for kids!
    brooklyn kids party places

55. Anonymous Friday, January 4, 2013 at 6:27 am #

Hi there, its nice paragraph about media print, we all be aware of media
    is a enormous source of data.
    my web page: Lexington Law

56. Ramiz Raza Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.
    Nautical antiques

57. sadia Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 7:20 am #

I can see this in your article. You have a way of writing compelling information that sparks much interest.Glass Curtains Spain