Girl’s Room Progress

For the past year I have been working on a clients girl’s room. This poor room has gone through a lot. We started with one plan and now we are going a completely different direction. I’m really really excited about our new direction and I know the girls are going to love it!
My client came to me with this inspiration picture for the room.
image via Design Sponge
She loved the colors coral and yellow together.
We chose this fabric as the jumping off point for the room .
Here are the fabric choices we’ve pulled together so far.
The room is going to include lots of fun details including a custom window seat with built-ins. I am so excited about how everything is coming together.

16 Responses to Girl’s Room Progress

1. Allison Egan Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:12 am #

I adore coral and yellow! what great fabrics – I am so excited to see how it all turns out!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

2. Heartfire At Home Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:16 am #

I love that first pic immensely (very biased towards bright yellow chevron… I have cushions in same), and the colours/fabrics you've come up with are also superb. Coral is my new favourite colour of the moment!

And, oh how I wish I had a house that could take a custom built window seat. That's on a wish-list that may take a while to achieve (need a different house first – lol).

I'm sure it will all come together beautifully.

Linda. 🙂

3. Jan Hales Designs Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

I know it will be gorgeous, Kirsten! Can't wait to see the end result!

4. Tara {The Silver Lining} Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

What a beautiful inspiration picture! Love the fabrics you've chosen. Excited to see how the room turns out.

5. Lisa - A Room with A View Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Fabric choices are very pretty.

6. Meredith Krull Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

I love that fabric! My mother used it to sew a bolster pillow for me. With so many beautiful colors in the fabric, it gives you so many options! If you're interested, here's how it came to life in my tiny studio's bedroom: http://meredithandthenewyorkie.blogspot.com/2011/08/good-genes.html

7. Sarah Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

LOVE the color combo. Can't wait to see the finished product!

8. Coley Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

What a gorgeous inspiration photo she gave you. Can't wait to see the room afterwards!

Coley @

9. Kristy @ I Design Love Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

I love the bright colors and the inspiration photo is so pretty.

Kristy

10. p-l-a-i-d Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Those color combinations are fabulous!

11. Britt @ Dreamy Spaces Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

This wallpaper is stunning! The color and pattern are very fun!

12. christi @ burlap and basil Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm #

what a great fabric and love that it is white not cream like the fabric site photo. great choices … looking forward to seeing what you do!

13. Confessions of an Undomestic Diva Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

It will be lovely! The inspiration picture reminds me of the fabric in the No. 9 Thompson ad in the current House Beautiful.

14. Nicole Rene Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:53 am #

Wow, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Those fabrics are awesome & such great colors for a girl's room!

15. SmalltownOntario Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm #

What a fresh colour combination. I can hardly wait until you show us more.

16. Give me money Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 7:14 pm #