Peacock Bridal Shower

Last week my friend Kristen and I threw a peacock themed bridal shower for our friend Rosey. I created this invitation in power point.
As mentioned in my previous post I had CreateItGirl make these tissue paper lanterns to hang above the table.
The napkins were found here. The tablecloth was made with fabric from a local fabric store.
I punched out dots to make this table runner.
I took glass Christmas ornaments and put feathers in them to add a decorative element to the table.
We also had feather boas to give all the girls who came.
We had so much fun and we are so happy for Rosey!

26 Responses to Peacock Bridal Shower

1. Laura@HappyRoost Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Very cute! Everything looks great! I also love the birthday party you did for your son 🙂

I had a blast decorating for my sister's "50's housewife" themed bridal shower. If you're interested, you can see some photos here:

2. Coley Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

I love peacocks! They were incorporated in my wedding and they are all over my house 🙂 Love the runner with the feathers in the glass you made. Gorgeous!

Coley @

3. p-l-a-i-d Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Wow! That looks like an amazing party! The decorations are so pretty, and I love that it was peacock themed!

4. Britt @ Dreamy Spaces Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

Great peacock themed decor! Gorgeous!

5. Aja Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Such a fun shower idea! I love the colors. And I am going to have to get more familiar with powerpoint.. the invites you make on there are amazing!

6. ALi Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

fun ideas, I especially love the table runner idea!

7. A Lived in Home Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

So simple, yet elegant! The peacock theme is fabulous! I would have never thunk it!

8. Holly Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

Girl, you have a way with color! I love this shower and I'm sure your friend loved it too. Great job! My rug came in so hope to send some more photos soon.

9. Chic Coles Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

I love the colors…(purple and blue are my favorites). Those paper lanterns from createitgirl are fab!

10. LindsB Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Such a cute shower- what a fun party to celebrate her upcoming wedding!

11. Sally Rae Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

Such a great theme! Love it!

12. Jennifer Lee Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

Such a fun theme! It might sound silly, but I love the posts where you have parties in your home. It's nice to see homes that are not just pretty, but lived and laughed in 🙂

13. Ali Rockwell Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

This is absolutely adorable! Such pretty colors and creative decorations.

14. L.A. in the bay Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:04 pm #

oh my gosh, how flippin cute! Love the invitations you made!

15. Ashley @ Design Build Love Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

what a gorgeously fun party!!! LOVE THE PEACOCK THEME!!!!!!!!!!

16. megrobins Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

You are SO good at these powerpoint invitations! I know you've done them in the past for other parties. I swear you could sell digital templates online. They are absolutely divine. Great job! The party looks like it was a blast 🙂

Meg

17. the waites Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:46 am #

darling! You are really talented,its so refreshing!

18. Bobbi Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:48 am #

I was just at a wedding with subtle peacock accents. Peacock is huge in the design world right now! Awesome job 🙂

{Bobbi}

19. Barbie Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 5:54 am #

Super cute Kirsten! Love your ideas! Thx!

20. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:43 am #

The lanterns are my favorite part. Love the fact that you used inexpensive supplies-mostly paper.

21. LisaMende Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

Love every detail! You are so creative!

22. embraced by grace Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Where did you get the chevron image for creating your card? Thanks!

23. Eneia Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

Very creative ideas! The paper lanterns are fun and festive.

24. Kirsten Krason Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

The chevron pattern was created in power point. Thanks for asking 🙂

25. mandy Monday, October 3, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

Do you happen to know what kind of fabric it is that you used? Thanks! acchadwick1@yahoo.com

26. Anonymous Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm #