Kansas Colonial Home

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this beautiful home in the most recent issue of Country Living. Umm… hello, a Chiang Mai chair. Yes please.  And what about those red doors and the brown walls with the thick white trim. I am in love.
This home belongs to Susan Jones and it’s a Colonial from the 1930s! I just love the charm in each room.
What about that awesome purple trim and nailhead on the sofa. Cool right?
I think those circle back chairs are pretty rad.
You can check out more pictures of the home here
all images via Country Living

, , , ,

33 Responses to Kansas Colonial Home

1. Eastwitching Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Kristen – I am in love and will fight you for this house LOL! What a blast – that bohemian chair had me straight away and then the strong accents and colour walls and art pieces all the way through set such a strong and sensual ambience. What a beautiful home – thanks for this awesome post. I hope you and your family are doing well – kin dregards Alison x

2. Jennifer Lee Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

THAT CHAIR!!! nice yellow table, too! Thanks for sharing!

3. Erica M. Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

I literally gasped when I saw that chair in the first pic, I love it! The rest of the house is awesome. The orange table is definitely a pop of color there.. & the pups are cute to!

4. Designology Interiors Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

I love every room of that house. Amazing.

5. Amanda Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

This house makes me so happy! I love the playful-ness throughout yet its still so chic. And you had me at Chiang Mai!

6. Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

OMG, what a fun house. I love every room!

7. Kim @ keller-creative Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

What a great house! I love the chair and that dog 🙂

8. monica Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm #

love love love the red doors. saw this in country living too. it's one of my favorite houses so far

xo monica

9. Christy from fountains of home Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

Such a great house! I love their colours and the feeling of warmth it brings. I guess I'll have to check out Country Living a little more!

10. Tara {The Silver Lining} Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Just fabulous!! By far one of the prettiest homes ever. That chair is gorgeous!! The colors and style throughout the whole house are just brilliant. So much to look at for inspiration!

11. Natty by Design Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Thanks for sharing this. I loved it!

12. Hannah Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

THAT CHAIR. Wahhh. I need it in my life. Thanks for posting this! This house is really unique! I get tired of seeing the same old designs. And bonus points for the cute puppy in the last pic :).

xoxo.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

13. MellyB Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

This lady raided my brain and designed her dream home. Who am I kidding, my brain house wasn't nearly this beautiful. I am in love. This is probably my favorite home you've posted.

14. La casa con encanto Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

I love the brown and lilac on the wall with white trim is ideal!
    kisses

15. ms.composure Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

omg i am loving the kitchen!!

16. Leslie Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

This home is gorgeous! I love all the pops of color.

17. Simple Dwellings Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

Oh- I know! It's amazing! I subscribe to this magazine, and I love that they are infusing some modern with traditional! 🙂 That wing chair and brown walls are gorgeous!

18. Natalie@Endless Crafting Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm #

Oh my! I can't stop thinking about that first picture. Head is spinning thinking of ways to recreate that look on a Target budget. Love it! All of it!

19. Priscilla @ Audrey & Abby Interiors Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

This home is breath taking, loved every single room. Thanks for sharing. Definitely bookmarking this page for inspiration!

20. p-l-a-i-d Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

The master bedroom is my favorite!

21. Kelli Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

yesss… I keep looking at that house over and over again. love the orange table and all the white trim.. i could go on and on – love it!

22. sarah Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

Hi! Gorgeous house. I saw your mention over at Smith House. Great fabric! She failed to mention the sources. Could you share? Thanks!

23. Pinecone Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

I pretty much died over the orange table – love the place!!! Ashlyn

24. Carly Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 8:49 pm #

I agree!! I love all the pops of color through the rooms, well thought out!

25. Shanna Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

It's so beautiful! I love all the reds and oranges and of course the neutral palette. So so pretty. Sigh.

26. L.A. in the bay Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

oh my gosh that chair is awesome!

27. Cove and Grey Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 3:27 am #

You need that Chiang Mai chair somewhere in your home!! I know how much you love that fabric 🙂

28. jamie @ [kreyv] Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Absolutely DYING over that first room! Gorgeous!

29. Steph @ Birdhouse Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

Love this home! It looks happy and eclectic but somehow still very elegant and put together. Wish I could achieve that. I MUST have that chair.

30. AnaLisa Friday, October 28, 2011 at 5:08 am #

I love that red door with the dark floors!

31. Janell @ Isabella and Max Friday, October 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Fabulous!!! Janell

32. Michelle Monday, October 31, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

SO obsessed with this home! And I live like 15 minutes from the area… if only…

33. Hyphen Interiors Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

You had me at the chiang mai chair. Wowza! Gorgeous.