Feature Friday: The Lovely Cupboard

I love the name of Heather’s blog, the Lovely Cupboard. It has such a nice ring to it. Her home is just as lovely as her blog. I asked Heather to introduce her home and here is what she said
“Hi there! I’m Heather from The Lovely Cupboard. I had to pinch myself when Kirsten asked if she could feature my house. Being one of my favorite blogs, I stop by 6th Street often to find design inspiration. I’ve discovered that my own personal style is a reaction to make my first home, a 1940’s Tudor style cottage, feel fresh rather than just old. My husband and I picked our house because we love older homes and the character that comes with them.  While I’ve always collected antique and vintage pieces, I started feeling like my home was looking more a like a museum than the fresh space I’d envisioned. I started incorporating bold fabrics and new pieces mixed in with flea market finds to make sure that things didn’t feel too stuffy. Luckily, I’ve also inherited some pieces that my family has collected from literally all over the world. These heirlooms add a global feel to my house and have such meaning to me as well. While my to do list for each room seems to keep growing longer, I’m working on being content with the progress we’ve made so far. I’m always on the hunt for budget-conscience DIY projects to imitate looks I love. Welcome to my home!”

Read more about these chairs here

Don’t you love that ombre art? Read more about it here

Thank you so much Heather for sharing your home with us!
Not only is Heather’s home beautiful but check out what she did with her classroom
I wish my teachers were this cool when I was in school.

, , , ,

23 Responses to Feature Friday: The Lovely Cupboard

1. Shanna Friday, November 18, 2011 at 11:10 am #

WOW! I am crazy about this home! So beautiful, totally my style and so many great ideas. Possibly my favorite Feature Friday yet! I'm off to check out (and follow) her blog 🙂 Happy Friday!

2. Erica M. Friday, November 18, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

This house is gorgeous! So happy you featured her home.. checking out her blog now.

3. Mary Friday, November 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

I always look forward to Feature Friday. Not only do you showcase lovely homes, but it introduces me to new blogs.

4. modern jane Friday, November 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

What an absolutely adorable house both inside and out! I love all the detail, the color scheme and the pups! 🙂

5. yours truly Friday, November 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Such a fun, lively house. It's adorable. Heather- are you in Michigan? I would just be excited to know a design/food enthusiast here! I recently moved here from Utah, and live in the Bloomfield area. It would be fun if you were close… I'll look forward to reading your blog.

6. Polka Dot Bungalow Friday, November 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Can I just move right in? Wow…so full of color…LOVE it! The chairs had me at 'Hello'..loving!! Happy Friday!

Steph

7. Christine Allison Friday, November 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

I love all of the bright and bold fabrics Heather has used in rooms. The chevron back wing chairs are my absolute favourite! I look forward to Feature Friday posts!

8. Simple Dwellings Friday, November 18, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

Wow! What a beautiful, fun home. I love her shelf styling and those gorgeous wing chairs. Thanks for introducing me to another great blog! 🙂

9. Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} Friday, November 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Kirsten, thanks for having me! Ladies, your comments made my morning!I'm so glad to "meet" some new followers. @Yours Truly, I'm actually in Missouri:(

10. A Lived in Home Friday, November 18, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

It's all so gorgeous and serene! Love your green chevron chairs!

11. Linda Friday, November 18, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

Beautiful home. So nice to see white appliances w/white cabinets. Creates such a clean look. I'm in the minority, but stainless leaves me cold.

12. Leslie Friday, November 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

I love her classroom, btw. Her home is so lovely! I feel that the combination of elements is just so perfectly done. I'd like to move in!

13. Laurie Jones Friday, November 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

This is one of my favorite features so far…wait do I say that a lot??? (: Seriously though I love the way she's used old with new and that her house truly reflects that it is a home with some soul, I love her vignettes, she's got some sweet skills in that department!!! Looks like I have another new blog to follow!!

14. Staci Friday, November 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

What a charming home, I love all the details and the perfectly styled bookshelves. Much to be inspired from!

15. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 5:25 am #

Beautiful home! I love her blog 🙂

16. polka dot skies Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

Beautiful! I love the way she displays her books!

17. Carol@TheDesignPages Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 6:00 pm #

What a stunning space. I love everything inside and outside in this home!

18. Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm #

Linda, I'm with you on stainless. Laurie & Staci, I rearrange everything in my home probably 20 times before I feel it looks right. The "vignettes" and booksehlf comments were a big boost of confidence! Thanks to everyone who stopped by the blog today.

19. Aspiring Kennedy Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm #

dang… there are so many great shots. typically, people can make any place look good with a few images- but this girl is the real deal. loved seeing her home… and her classroom!

20. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

Oh my! Just look at all those lovely details! I'm in love with all the textiles, especially the rug near the bottom (with the adorable pooch on it)!

21. Jenna l Homeslice Monday, November 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

What a beautiful home! I can't even remember all the things I loved long enough to make a list here! A few things though- the chevron chairs (and well ALL the upholstered chairs) are beautiful, the open shelving in the kitchen, and the brick wall in the den! So much interesting, fun style!

22. Lauren Clark Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

An adorable house – touch of character in every corner. I am smitten with her chevron back chairs!

23. Mike Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

What a beautiful living room. I am obsessed with the green and white chair. Have you tried sitting in it? Is it comfortable?