A Little Update on… Me!

Well it’s been an interesting couple of months let me tell you. I’ve spent lots and lots of time lying on the sofa feeling sad and depressed. I literally felt like I had all the energy zapped out of me. It seriously took all I had just to get dressed in the morning. And if I was getting dressed it wasn’t really that impressive. I’ve truly been living in sweats. Morning sickness is killer.
I think (knock-on-wood) that I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m 12 weeks. yay! I am still throwing up but I finally have some energy back. It’s AMAZING!! Now that I am slowly feeling like myself I’m realizing that my to-do list is miles and miles long. I am sooooo sorry to all my very patient clients. I promise I’ll try and catch up. My inbox is like a big black hole right now that I’m trying to organize and make sense of. And let’s not even go into the current state of my poor office.
Here’s a really crappy picture I took with my phone today and believe it or not this is after I spent an hour cleaning it. I haven’t seen the floor in weeks!
 To all of you great readers thanks for hanging in there with me. I am hoping that once I start working again I’ll have lots of fun things to blog about.
Second Trimester here I come!

40 Responses to A Little Update on… Me!

1. Andrea Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

Kristin, so glad you're feeling better. That 1st trimester can be brutal! Glad you're back and feeling like yourself again.

2. Shannon Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

So glad you're feeling a little better! Just wait, you'll get an energy burst and catch up in no time!
    Shannon
    aka design blogger

3. Andrea Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Yeah! Glad you're feeling a little better. As you know, it will all be worth it when that little person gets here.

4. John Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

It must be terrible, however I am sure that little precious gift you are nurturing inside you makes it all worthwhile! Glad you are feeling better!

5. Holly Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

I'm so happy that you're starting to feel better. It's gotta be so hard not having the energy to do anything – but resting up and relaxing is what you need to do for you and the baby. Hopefully soon you'll be back and feeling energized. Have a good day Kirsten!

6. Simple Dwellings Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

Yay for feeling better! You've had a rough go of it! Happy to hear you are starting to feel back to normal! 🙂

7. (Eileen) a creative day Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Ahh you can do it girl! I know your clients totally understand and just want you to feel better 🙂

xoxo
    eileen

8. Amanda Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

oh girl I feel for you! Morning sickness-(which is never just in the morning-right? ) is the pits. And I have to tell you Im not even pregnant and my office looks like yours (actually maybe worse) so dont feel bad. And yay for 2nd trimester- there is light at the end of the tunnel.

9. Lisete Reis Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Nice you're feeling better.. Hope you the best! Miss your daily posts but totally understand your reasons! xoxo, lr

10. Erica {let why lead} Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Don't worry – take all the time you need. We'll be here! Good luck!

11. Sara Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

congrats ! thats great news ! i was hoping that ur gonna say ur pregnant ! & when u said 12 weeks i screamed a little bit inside !

congrats i hope u have a healthy smooth pregnancy !

12. pam {simple details} Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

Aww, Kirsten, nothing worse than that sick feeling ALL the time! So glad you're bouncing back! 🙂

13. A Lived in Home Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

A lot of us have been there! Just look at the light at the end. It's all so worth it! Hang in there.

14. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

So glad you are feeling better!! I had horrible morning sickness with both of my girls, I can sympathize. Happy energy to you mamma!

15. Angie Helm Interiors Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Pregnancy is so rough! It's a good thing that those little ones are so worth it in the end,right? Hang in there darling girl!

16. Laurie Jones Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Don't be so hard on yourself you're doing some major work right now I mean you're creating a human being!!! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!!!

17. Annie @ House on Rene Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

Oh hon we all understand, I am sure your clients do too! This too shall pass. I hope you have plenty of energy in the second trimester to catch up and get ahead!

18. KristiMcMurry Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Glad you're feeling better! I hope your second trimester is less sickly 🙂

19. Emily Curfew Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Kirsten!! UGH! so sorry about your morning sickness, sounds awful!!! Glad you are feeling more like yourself again.

20. HB Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

So glad you are starting to feel better!

21. {Hi Sugarplum!} Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

So glad you're feeling better! It's big work growing a human!

22. Jylare Smith Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

So glad you're feeling better!

23. Jennifer Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

Glad you're feeling better! Knocking on wood for you!

24. Lizzie Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

You're so cute. Thanks for all the posts you do anyway. It's funny, I read your blog, and kinda feel like I know you (but of course don't = ) Anyway, just wanted to pop in a say hi, thanks for your cute ideas, home tours, etc, and I hope you feel better. Morning sickness IS a bummer. Take care.

25. Aja Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

🙂 So glad you're starting to feel better! It really is the worst, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing all you'll be working on!

26. PURA VIDA Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Oh my…your feeling good is just around the corner!

27. Jen @ RamblingRenovators Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

Good to hear you're feeling better! Yay for the second trimester.

28. Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

It's just so hard to feel motivated when you feel like *CRAPOLA*! Dang that morning sickness!! So glad to hear that you are feeling better and that we'll be seeing more of you in the bloggy world!

29. Allison Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Kristin!

30. Melanie Burk Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12:01 am #

so sorry you had to be so sick, I totally feel your pain. You really are doing amazing, way to be tough! hang in there.

31. amber wallace Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 12:20 am #

I'm so happy you are feeling better! My office looks about the same…except not as cute underneath!

32. Houndstooth and Nail Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 2:31 am #

Glad you're feeling better. I know how you feel, my 2nd and 3rd month were terrible. I was sick 24/7 and lost sooo much weight…ugh.. but once you're starting to feel better, it's all good. Hang in there girl!
    🙂
    Ingrid

33. Lisa @ Cozy Condo Living Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 2:50 am #

So glad you got through the worst of it. That first trimester can be rough. I hope that you start getting your energy back, but try not to take on more than you can handle. Hey, that pic of your office is nothing compared to some of the rooms in my house (and I'm not pregnant) 🙂

34. Emerson Grey Designs Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 3:14 am #

Very excited for you to start feeling better! You deserve to be able to enjoy your pregnancy! You and my sister are almost exactly the same amount pregnant…she is 12 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait to see how the rest of your pregnancy journey continues. Hope Jett is understanding it all enough, that is the hard part. Take care!

35. christy Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

I can totally relate. I am now 32 weeks and still a little nausea. Give yourself permission to just be what you need to be for now
    The world will not end but soon the sickness will and you will have a beautiful baby to show for it.

36. Cristin {Simplified Bee} Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

Hang in there! Hope you've turned the corner and kicked the morning sickness.
    xo Cristin

37. Ali Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 2:17 am #

So sorry to hear, hopefully you're on the upward climb. I miss seeing your posts, but I completely understand.

38. Josh Friday, March 2, 2012 at 1:02 am #

You all can blame me a little for the lack of blogging/work. I tried to encourage her to take it easy. If you know Kirsten at all, one thing she HATES to do is take it easy. She never slows down, stops, or relaxes and not being able to be fully invested in this part of her life has been one of the hardest things for her. Seeing her get her energy back makes me realize just how weak she has felt. Thanks for all of your patience with her. Now I get to see my, I mean her, house fill with weird fabrics again… 🙂

39. Michelle @ Ten June Friday, March 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And is that a sweet comment from your hubby? I love it! : ) Don't fret about what you've been missing in the blog/work world… just focus on growing that sweet baby!

40. Nicole Monday, March 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

I'm about 3 weeks behind you and feel exactly the same!! I cant wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just wanted to send a bit of encouragement and to let you know you are NOT alone 🙂 (and im glad to see I'm not either)