Sawyer’s Room

My good friend and seamstress Erin has terrific taste. She is always working on projects in her home and she recently finished her son Sawyer’s room. I asked her if I could show it off on my blog!
She used the same stencil that I used in my master bedroom for an accent wall in his room. She also made the roman shade herself.
She made the headboard and all the pillows for his bed.
Her mother-in-law made that adorable chevron quilt.
She used some pages from my favorite botanical book for artwork.
The dresser was a craigslist find. She painted it and added new knobs.
Rhino print is from Birds of Ashmae. The fish print is from Nella Designs
The fun bookshelves are from Ikea. She bought the S from a craft store and painted it orange.
Thanks Erin for sharing Sawyer’s cute room with us!

34 Responses to Sawyer’s Room

1. Allison Egan Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:12 am #

What a stylish boys room – amazing inspiration! I love the bold orange and blues and the headboard and pillows are so fantastic – would love them for my bedroom 🙂

xo Allison

2. Laurie Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Brilliant room! Love the pillows.

3. FourJedis Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

That is adorable! I love it! How old is her son so I know what ages my kids will start appreciating a really nice room, rather than Star Wars throwing up in their room right now?

4. Designology Interiors Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Loove this bedroom! I like that the pet fish goes with the color scheme. I was just looking for pillows last night on Etsy, so I'm glad you posted her shop. I see a few that will be perfect for the room I"m working on.

5. charmaine Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Very cute room!

6. Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Wow, what a great space. And the fish matches too 🙂

7. housevintage Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

So cute…it looks like a really fun place to play!

8. Leslie Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

It looks great! You can tell that she really poured a lot of her talent and heart into the space. Those Ikea shelves are great!

9. Miss Hannah B. Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

Cute, cute, cute. Very well done!

10. Becca | Lowlife Couture Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

What a precious bedroom!!

11. Liz @ It's Great To Be Home Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

All of the colors are SO awesome! And I'm swooning over the ikat pillow – one of my favorite fabrics!

12. Tara {The Silver Lining} Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Agreed she is very talented!! The colors and patterns are perfect. Those bookshelves though make such a statement and are so fun!! What a lucky little boy.

13. Dana Gastelum Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

So cute!! I love the bright colors and bug art! Perfect for a little boy. She's definitely got some sewing skills! 😉

14. Sita Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

Super cute! She really did do such a great job. My little guy's room is accented in blue and orange too! Thanks for sharing!

15. Laura@happyroost Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

The book shelves are adorable! love it.

Laura

16. Kristy @ I Design Love Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Such a super cute room! I love all of the bright colors 🙂 The pillows on the bed are awesome.

17. Mandy Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

I rarely see a little boy's room I like. She really did a good job with this one. Thanks for sharing!

18. hs Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

love it! she did a great job! i have been eyeing that fabric for awhile but i wasn't sure if the colors were vibrant or not. on the bed pics it looks vibrant but the framed version on the dresser looks more muted?

19. Lisa V Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

Are those bookshelves an Ikea hack? I've never seen them there before – info on how she made them would be great!

20. Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 11:29 pm #

The fabric is probably closer to how it looks framed. The shelves are from Ikea but I don't think they carry them anymore.

21. Miss Rubio Friday, February 17, 2012 at 5:22 am #

Wow!!! The colors are perfection. I Loooove the cobalt blue on that dresser.

22. Simple Dwellings Friday, February 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

This space is amazing and so thoughtful! I love the ikea shelves! And the beautiful quilt is so precious for the room! 🙂

23. Heather Friday, February 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

That quilt is amazing! I've been contemplating doing the chevron pattern on my sons walls. I wonder what pattern color would look good with his pottery barn Braxton blue walls.

~Heather

24. Coley Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 12:28 am #

Ohhh I love that dresser and the wall shelves. Super cute!

Coley
    whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

25. Brooke @ Inside-Out Design Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 12:51 am #

Ok, I have GOT to get those fun zig zag shelves!! I love all the different fabrics she used and those framed prints are great!

26. eddy Monday, February 20, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Nice design

27. Helena - A Diary of Lovely Monday, February 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

such a fun room! The little one must be happy!

28. laxsupermom Monday, February 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Love the use of color and the whimsical bookshelves! What a fun room! Thanks for sharing.

29. Deanne Monday, February 20, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Wow! I am in love with that dresser! And the pillows! And the shelves!

30. ashlyn | nicole Monday, February 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

such great colors in this room. that blue is gorgeous! & love all the room decor.

happy monday.
    xx :: ashlyn

31. Soul Pretty Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 11:13 pm #

The pillows are beautiful…I see Target is going bright with their pillow line this spring…

32. Jennifer (Moonpie Dreams) Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

I am dying over that quilt!!!! Absolutely stunning! Such a fun room!!!!

33. Jenna at Homeslice Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 1:49 am #

I love the button headboard and the detailing on the roman shade. What a fun kid's room!

34. Holly Case Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 5:29 pm #

I just love that chevron quilt and pillow covers.. dresser color is just perfect.. Very nice http://www.fabriccarolina.com