Baby Boy Nursery Before and After

About six months ago Chelsey Bell enlisted my help with her baby boy’s nursery. I love doing nursery’s so of course I was delighted to help. And an added bonus is that her baby boy is named Jett! How could I resist?
The room we were designing used to be her little girl’s room. While there was nothing too terribly wrong with it she wanted a room with much more pizzaz and excitement!
Don’t you love before pictures?
She sent me this picture from Boston Home as her inspiration for the room.
We really wanted to incorporate that lime green mixed with blues. After seeing her inspiration picture this is the board I came up with.
I used this fabric to bring in all the colors that we wanted.
This pillow also worked perfectly with the color scheme.
I love planet mobiles. This one is what we picked for the room.
Everything came together wonderfully. Chelsey is a photographer so she was able to take pictures of the room.  I think it turned out just as I imagined!
You can see more pictures on her blog here.

, ,

33 Responses to Baby Boy Nursery Before and After

1. Laurie Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Fantastic room! Love the color scheme and that print is too cute.

2. modern jane Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 11:59 am #

Adorable! Such a fresh color scheme!

3. Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Another killer design board! The room turned out awesome 🙂

4. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

i love the room! the color combo is awesome!

5. Leslie Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

It looks amazing, and he is absolutely adorable! You did a great job. 🙂

6. amber wallace Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

It's so goooood! I love all the color and the bedding is awesome.

7. Kristy @ I Design Love Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Looks so good! I love the crib bedding 🙂

XO,

Kristy

8. Chris Loves Julia Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I love the crib bedding, too! Looks great.

9. Tawna Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Love it! Great job…… I love greens and blues for boy's rooms too.

10. Emerson Grey Designs Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

I love the use of the Walmart crib and changing table. I'm always sharing with clients how affordable and yet stunning their cribs are. Who would have ever thought? Love the zoo fabric, definitely ties in the entire room! Great job as usual Kirsten!

11. Erica {let why lead} Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

It really turned out beautifully, Kirsten! One of my very favorite nurseries! I'm going to email the link to my sister because she loves lime and navy and just had a baby. Thanks!

12. Kristin | o.m.Gee! Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

what an energetic space! love the green and navy combo! perfect for that little man : )

13. Debbie {Visual Eye Candy} Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

I love it! The mobile is adorable.

14. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

So so beautiful. LOVING that he matches his room. And that, "When he wakes. . he will move mountains." is perfect.

15. Hannah Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Absolutely beautiful! Just seems like such a fun room to be in all the time!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

16. Julie (Middle Maintenance) Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

I am in LOVE with these colors and all the special details. I am a big fan of baby rooms that are light-hearted and fun without having an overly "baby" vibe. This room is perfect!

17. Marissa Waddell Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Favorite pieces: planet mobile, striped curtains, bumper bows. Super cute!

18. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

LOVE love love! It's just wonderful. What color green is that on the walls? It is just luscious!

19. Bernadette {Chic Spaces for Little Faces} Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Awesome. Love it!!

20. PURA VIDA Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Bright and bold and stimulating!

21. Natalie Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 12:33 am #

Such a cute little boys room! Can you please tell me where the rocker is from?

22. Sara @ Russet Street Reno Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 1:06 am #

I love that room!

23. Scott and Chelsey Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 3:49 am #

Thanks again sooooo much!!! I'm enjoying his room so much! The mobile is my favorite thing and I wish you could tell how big and amazing it is in pics. Makes the whole room for me!
    The paint color I just went to Kwall and had them match the crib bumper color…
    The little rocker I just bought on Overstock and use it a lot for photography, but it works for his room for now!

24. SHERRY HART Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Kirsten…..wonderful job on the nursery. I love the colors and all the cute accessories. You are so talented.

25. Tiffany Larkin Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Your room is 100 times better than the inspiration room. Great job!!!

26. casey at loft and cottage Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Great fabrics! And love the color scheme.

27. roomology Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

amazing blend of colors and patterns… I love bright colors in a baby's room as a break from the usual pastels!
    Susie @ Roomology

28. Jenna at Homeslice Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 11:02 pm #

Looks great! I LOVE the crib and the fabric on the bumper pad… beautiful!

29. Marie Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 4:04 am #

Love the room! Where are the striped curtains from?

30. Hyphen Interiors Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

I love those colors! And, those striped curtains!

31. Tasha Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 4:35 am #

Love it! Where did you find the "move mountains" print? I'd like one just like it!:)

32. Scott and Chelsey Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

The fabric for the striped curtains was bought at Calico Corners.
    Move mountains print was purchased on Etsy from Livy Love Designs.

33. sara Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:37 pm #

I love this room. I have been looking for navy and green bedding. Where did you purchase the bedding?