Cresthaven Kid’s Room

I can’t believe I am posting the last room in the model home! It’s been so fun to share this home with you. For a look at the past room reveals go here
Today I’m sharing my favorite room. The budget for the kids’ room was $1,000 and I think we came in under budget! It was actually pretty easy to stick to the budget with this room because we didn’t need a lot of furniture. And the furniture that we did use we got for a great deal.
Here is the board I created for the room.
I wanted the room to feel gender neutral. There are elements that are a little more “boy” and elements that could be translated as “girl”. This scheme would work well for a shared bedroom.
Here is how the room turned out!

Striped Duvet: West Elm
Metal Red Headboard: This was a great find on Craigslist. I think we got it for around $15.

Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Del Mar Blue

Dream Big Pillow: Robin and Mould on Etsy
Chevron Pillow: I used the leftover fabric from Jett’s headboard for this pillow. The pillow was sewn by Local Utah Seamstress Alli Middleton alliemp07@live.com
Red Lamp: Target
Be Nice Print: Sarah Jane Studios
Toy: Home Again Consignment
Nightstand: I found this at Savers over a year ago for $15! I’ve been saving it and saving it for something and I love how it looks in this kid’s room. We just gave it a fresh coat of white paint.
Bird Mobile: Donated by Annie’s Mobile Boutique
ABC Letters: These were Christmas ornaments from Anthropologie that I got after Christmas for $2 a piece! I just took the ornament hooks off.
To me the real star of the room is the roman shade. This was our “splurge” in the room. The fabric is Arbre Chinoise in Meadow by Schumacher
Rocking Chair: Vinnie White Cradle Chair from Overstock
Goldfish Pillow: Digs
Stacking Boxes: I bought these at Serena and Lily on sale for $30 but they are no longer available.
Green Stool: Home Again Consignment

Thank you for all your comments and support with this home. It was a really fun experience for me. There are a lot of things that made it hard. Being sick during my first trimester really put the project on hold for a few months. It was such a great feeling to finally finish the project. Some days I thought it would never get done!

I also have to say that I could never have completed this without my amazing interns. Thanks to Haley, Kayley and Carly for their help with the home.

And also the wonderful Jylare for taking all the pictures!

, , ,

12 Responses to Cresthaven Kid’s Room

1. modern jane Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 11:18 am #

Another great room! The color scheme is perfect and I love the mobile and that fab lamp!

2. McKae @ Kaes Corner Design Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Super cute! I love the colors, and that chevron pillow is fabulous!

3. what i heart Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm #

I just started thinking about the design for a shared room for my 6 month old son and 2 year old daughter. This room is the perfect inspiration! Pinning everything!

4. Michelle @ Ten June Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

Very cute!! Such a perfect design for a gender-neutral room. I love the mix of thrift and higher end pieces, that makes the design so realistic for the rest of us. You nailed it!

5. Elissa Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

Love it!!

6. Katie Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm #

SUCH a cute room, Kirsten! My favorite touches: the cradle chair, and that gorgeous nightstand.

7. Kayley Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Oh how I love this room too!!! Thank you Kirsten for letting me be a part of it. I learned SO much!!! It looks great!!!

8. Jenna at Homeslice Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

I really love all the fabric in this room. It's layered really well, great job!

9. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

Nice touch with the stool and the stacking boxes. You should be so proud of the entire experience. So well done. Thanks for sharing all of the rooms!

10. Tiffany Leigh Interior Design Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Kristen this is SUCH a lovely room. A dear family friend is newly pregnant and this gives me some great ideas for the nursery. I must get that 'Dream Big Little One' pillow, its absolutely perfect.

11. Emerson Grey Designs Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 1:45 am #

It came together so well. You should be so proud. I love the little corner with the modern rocking chair, fish pillow and those perfect stacking boxes. Love!

12. Julia Shealy Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 11:43 am #

Do you have name of paint color?