Jane’s Birth Story by Jessica Kettle & the Top 7 Shots to Get During a Birth

I have mentioned on my blog before that I was going to have a Birth Story done by Jessica Kettle for Jane’s birth. I wanted to have a birth story for a number of reasons but the main reason was because I didn’t want Josh or my family or me to have to worry about taking pictures. When Jett was born Josh was so focused on the delivery that we dont’ have a lot of great pictures.
I had seen Jessica post about her birth stories before and I was in love with the idea of having a professional document our special day. I was totally convinced after I watched her segment on Studio 5 where she explained the whole process.

I recently got the pictures back from Jessica and I’ve been dying to share them with you. Let me take you back to a blissful day in August…

My labor and deliveries are pretty uneventful. I have gotten induced both times. Since Josh is a pilot I don’t want to risk the chance of him not being there. On Jane’s birthday I just showed up, got the pitocin, had my water broken, got my epidural and then waited….

Jessica got there when I was dilated to about a 4. With Jett I went from a 5-10 in an hour so she was there waiting and ready. While we were waiting she took a lot of detailed shots of the hospital and my delivery room.

The view from my delivery room was pretty nice.

waiting and waiting…

Dr. Terry is the best!! I am hoping he decides to never retire so he can deliver all my kids.
Josh was rubbing my foot. I was totally numb in one leg but had some feeling in the other. Weird?

My parents and Jett came to hang out in the room with us while we waited.

These are the shots that I just love. I never would  have been able to capture all of these precious and candid moments without Jessica there.

This is one of my favorite pictures. When it was time to deliver I had my mom and Josh’s mom stay in the room to watch Jane be born. Josh is adopted and an only child so his mom has never witnessed a birth in her life. She was so excited and so emotional! More emotional than I even was. Right before Jane was born she started to cry. It was really sweet.

Jane’s birth was pretty much seamless. She came into the world kicking and screaming. I couldn’t believe how big she was! 8 lbs 3 ounces.

When Jett came back into the room he had picked me a flower. It was a little crumbled but it was so sweet.

My sister Nicole.

Some people may worry that it’s weird to have a complete stranger in the room with you but Jessica is totally awesome. She wants to make sure you are comfortable with having her there so if there are shots you want or don’t want she’ll make sure it happens.  I am so happy that we have these beautiful pictures and 50 years from now I can look back and remember every special moment of Jane’s birthday.

To schedule your own birth story contact Jessica here.

Jessica has also put together her list of “must-have” shots for your babies big day!

Thanks Jessica!

Just a little update on Jane… She is now 4 months and is adorable. I just adore her. She has cheeks that go on for miles!

To stay up to date on Jane and Jett follow me on instagram. @kirstenkrason

, ,

32 Responses to Jane’s Birth Story by Jessica Kettle & the Top 7 Shots to Get During a Birth

1. Maca Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

I am a 58 year old grandma who loves blogs. I don't really remember how I stumbled on you blog, but I love it and am a faithful reader.

My way of communicating which blogs I read is "I spend sometime with my blog friends" It was so fun to "meet" all your family in these pictures.
    Your children are beautiful . . . .

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 11:16 pm #

You are so sweet! Your comment means so much to me. Thank you for faithfully reading 🙂

2. jamie @ [kreyv] Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 1:14 pm #

That so special, and Jane is just freaking adorable!

3. Hanna Long Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Enjoy your little one, and aren't those tiny pressed flowers the most precious? Congrats.

4. brooklyn Norton Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

Love Dr Terry!!

5. Leslie Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

Those pictures are so precious. What a neat idea. I also love the current picture of Jane; she's adorable!

6. holtkamp Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

so beautiful!

7. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

Ahhhh. This makes me want to have another child. These are just so beautiful. What a treasure, Kirsten. Wow. Such special moments. And how is it that you make delivering a baby seem so easy and so effortless. What is that about?!

8. Anonymous Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

I just chanced upon your blog. You're family is darling. Just in case Dr. Terry retires you should go to Dr. Thackeray in his office. He's awesome and not nearing retirement! I know many who love Dr. Terry but Thackeray is amazing too! He switched practices and I was so disappointed he wasn't on my insurance anymore. I've now had 3 kids with 3 doctors and he is hands down the best!!!

9. Erin Downs Friday, January 4, 2013 at 12:10 am #

Beautiful and Priceless! I'm so doing this with my third child!

10. e.horn Friday, January 4, 2013 at 1:55 am #

congratulations! Love the name!

11. Casey Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:22 am #

I love this post and all the pictures. They are so great!!

Congrats!

12. April Hoff Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:28 am #

Wow! Gorgeous shots! You looked great right after giving birth! 🙂

13. Carmel @ Our Fifth House Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:45 am #

How awesome – what a treasure!!

14. Jennifer Lee Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:54 am #

Thanks for sharing all these precious intimate photos with us. your family is beautiful and Jane is so lovely… Have you ever seen PBS's 'Call the Midwife'? I just discovered it, and there was a quote; "birth …is the most common place of miracles"… love that. and loved seeing your very own miracle 😉

15. Jennifer Lee Friday, January 4, 2013 at 2:57 am #

PS. I'm expecting my third baby in June… thanks for the photo tips! i'm going to save them for sure!

16. Aspiring Kennedy Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:17 am #

Beautiful photos! You will definitely cherish these 50 years from now. I will have to keep these photo shots in mind a few months from now!

17. Natasha Friday, January 4, 2013 at 4:52 am #

Such a beautiful day!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

18. Kathleen Friday, January 4, 2013 at 5:14 am #

I love these, Kirsten! I wish I would have thought of doing this with Lucy, we didn't even get a family shot in the hospital-so sad!
    My favorite is the picture of the grandmas…what a sweet memory!

19. Jen @ RamblingRenovators Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

What a beautiful post! I love that you asked Josh's mom to stay for the birth.

20. Katy Friday, January 4, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

I would love to have a photographer at my impending little girl's birth! (Due next week!) I briefly looked into it, but never really found anyone in my area and certainly would have loved to have a personal reference of some kind. Hopefully my mom will be there, and that will be better than nothing, but if no parents/family were able to come out to visit for the birth I think I would have worked harder to find someone.

And I had to chuckle at her "big" 8 lb 3 oz birthweight – – that is what my baby is *now*. I have big babies and know I'm getting out of there with at least a 9 1/2 almost 10 lb chid. 8 pounds sounds perfectly perfect – almost downright tiny compared to my last baby boy! I wish for 8 pounds. Sigh:)

21. Jaye Friday, January 4, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Thank you so much of sharing your story with us. I was in tears, and I'm not even a mother. How precious that you have these wonderful memories captured. And might I add, you look absolutely beautiful after just giving birth! Amazing! Peace to you and your beautiful family!

22. Anonymous Friday, January 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

Hello!
    I am not very good in english so I will keep it simple. Congratulations for the beautiful girl!!! Your son look like his father and we can tell that the little beauty will look like you !!! Health and joy to all of you for 2013.
    Guylaine 🙂

23. Ali Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

So special to have it captured for you, and man do you look good right after having a baby! Congrats on the newest addition to your family, she's adorable.

24. Melissa @ Rooms Friday, January 4, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

Oh man, this post makes me miss you guys! You look fabulous in all those photos, by the way:)

25. Samantha Gramse Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 12:09 am #

No way! We love doctor Terry! He performed our ring ceremony when we got married!

26. Angela and Enrique Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 2:46 am #

What beautiful pictures! I teared up when I saw that picture of Josh's mom. That must have been so amazing for her to see.

27. Whatever Dee-Dee wants Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

How fun to have so many great pictures! Dr Terry is my doctor too 🙂

28. Ashley J Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 5:53 pm #

I just finished my makeup & you made me cry! A baby being born gets me very time! Thank you so much for sharing your special day with us.
    And PS: could you look more amazing right after giving birth?!

29. Nat Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 1:43 am #

What priceless shots! I've never thought of having a photographer in the room but the more people I see do it the more it seems like a great idea. Jane is too cute and Jett is getting so big!

30. Sandra Carson Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:32 am #

First of all congratulations for sweet little princess
    she's very lovely
    thanks for sharing
    petsmart

31. iheartorganizing Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 12:47 am #

This was so sweet and beautiful to read and so special that you were able to have such an important milestone documented through photography. Your family is so lovely and wow mama, you looked GREAT! Congrats on your sweet little peanut!

xo,