What I Wore to Alt 2013

I had quite a few emails yesterday about some of the pieces I wore to Alt so I thought I’d write up a little post about each outfit.
*Disclaimer :: You probably have never known anyone that feels as awkward as I do posing for pictures. I hate it. These are pretty much as good as it gets as far as my modeling career is concerned.

Shirt: Target || Skirt: J.C. Penny – from a few years ago
Target is seriously like the only store I shop at these days. It’s not easy going to the mall with two kids let me tell you that. Luckily Target has an amazing selection of clothes. This floral shirt is my new favorite shirt. It goes with almost anything!
Shirt: Anthropologie || Green Skinnies: Target || Shoes: Soel Boutique
I got this shirt at Anthropologie on sale after Christmas. It’s super comfortable and oh so silky.
Dress, Jacket & Shoes: F21 || Necklace: Bijou Market || Earrings: Anthropologie
The Clue party outfit was really difficult for me to pull together. I finally, in a last ditch effort, took a trip to Forever 21 two days before Alt. I found my whole outfit there on sale. The shoes, jacket and dress together cost me less than $30!
Blazer: F21 || Blue Shirt: F21 || Black Skinnies: Target || Boots:  Target
In case you don’t believe how awkward I am at taking pictures of myself feast your eyes on these outtakes.
see I told you…

43 Responses to What I Wore to Alt 2013

1. Sadie + Stella Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

I hate pictures more than anything. I am so with you but you nailed it! I am going out to buy that shirt in your first picture today. Need it!

2. Dina @ Honey + Fitz Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

You are adorable in your awkwardness 🙂 I am loving that striped blazer. I haven't stepped foot on a Forever 21 in ages but you've made me rethink that!

3. Emily A. Clark Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

You look beautiful in every picture. But, I feel your pain about having pictures taken. I don't know how those fashion bloggers do it. I would have severe anxiety.

4. Mandy DeTurk Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

I love all your outfits!!! I especially love that floral shirt from Target and that striped blazer from Forever 21! You look gorgeous!!! 🙂

5. the domestic fringe Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

I love your outfits! You have such a colorful and fun style.

Awkward? No. Not at all. Those are professional model worthy compared to my WIWW pictures. Good grief. I need to learn how to pose.

~FringeGirl

6. René Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

Well, say what you will, but I think you should do more of these posts. Seriously, you are adorable and your outfits look like a million bucks. Thanks so much for sharing. I think I know what i'm doing today 🙂

7. Tiffany Leigh Interior Design Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

I have to say, this post was really inspiring to me! I too loved all of your outfits when I saw them in your Alt roundup. You looked so put together and lovely I just assumed that each fabulous piece would be out of my budget. I LOVE that so many looks came from F21 and Target. You nailed it!

8. Jennifer Lee Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

You look AMAZING!!!! I want to go shopping now. 🙂

9. Anonymous Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

I love this post. You have great taste. Got to get to target!

10. pam {simple details} Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

You couldn't be more adorable! Love the way you've paired your fabulous finds! Target will be on my list for that cute floral shirt, too!

11. Sarah Jane Curtis Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

My sister is so awesome. I want that floral shirt!

12. Katherine Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

OMG, you have nothing to be akward about, you are adorable and your sense of style is amazing! 🙂

13. Little Fish Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

You look beautiful! Love these outfits!

14. Proper Hunt Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

You are seriously too cute and obviously fashionable! Thank you for sharing your outfits! I am ready to go shopping at all of the places you mentioned. Although, I'll have to wait to get my husband to watch the baby since you're absolutely right, it's hard going shopping with kids 🙂 And I feel you on getting your photo taken. I get like Chandler from Friends when it comes to getting my picture taken – super awkward 😉

15. Joi Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Love your cheery happy sense of style!

16. HB Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

You are beautiful! I also love all of your hairstyles in these pics and at Alt. I wish I could look as put together as you.

17. Heather Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

I loved meeting you at Alt! My friend thought we could be sisters 🙂 Great pics…and i love the floral & stripes combo. perfect!

18. Jylare Smith Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

Seriously I already liked you, but those last shots makes me like you so much more! Miss you girl!

19. Julie M. Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

You look great! I would love to see a post from you on the technical side of enhancing your blog. Like what tools to you use for adding text to the photos here. You seem to do it with ease, which means that you nay not be using such a complicated tool. Would love to hear your perspective of the graphic side of running your business.

20. Staci -A Saltbox Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

You look so cute, I love all of your outfits!

21. Tara Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

Love your outfits! Your style is so fun yet modest at the same time…I love it! I would love to see what kind of outfits you wear for church, I feel like I am in a blah stage with church clothes. Thanks for sharing your pics, you look adorable! Oh are you liking your longer hair v. your shorter hair?! My hair has been going through the same stages as yours, was short at about the same time and now it's about as long as yours. But I always get to this length and then decide to hack it again! Trying to resist!

22. Sarah @Savvy Young Something Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

You look beautiful! Your outfits are so well put together–you seriously look like you are wearing expensive designer pieces. Your hair look amazing too. Love your style!

23. Natalie@Endless Crafting Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

You are adorable! Love all the outfits..especially the striped blazer!

24. Chloe Moon Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

What great outfits!! I agree Target is really on the money these days! They have adorable things! I love your striped blazer!! =)

Ergo – Blog

25. christine, just bella Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:24 pm #

I am dying for target to come to Canada!!! Love your outfits, Kirsten. I'm all about the colour and pattern, you look amazing!

26. Sarah Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

Love your outfits! Looks like I need to make a trip to Forever 21. Had no idea they carried such great pieces. That sequined jacket is fantastic!

27. Gaby [The Vault Files] Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

You looked amazing and these photos are stunning, they look very natural! And that floral shirt from Target is GORGEOUS!! If we had Target here I'd be running this second to get it 😉

28. holtkamp Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:57 pm #

love your style!

29. kelsey bang Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:09 pm #

you are way to cute! love your style 🙂

30. emma Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

so so cute! i love all your target finds. i need to browse their clothes more often.

31. Emily Curfew Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

ha! you have a fun personality. love all the fun colors. But your smile is the best accessory 🙂

32. Mary Ann at classic•casual•home Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

You look FABulous, Darling!!!!

33. Douglass Family Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 10:31 pm #

This made me realize, I need some serious shopping advice! Maybe we should take the day off … let josh and adam take the kids, and enjoy fun day shopping! Seeing these cute pictures made me miss ya! Need to get together soon!

34. Trisha linford Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 11:01 pm #

You are just too Pretty!!! I loved everything you wore…perfect outfits!

35. Denise Farnsworth Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:07 am #

it's fun to see your cute face! Makes me miss you a ton! We need to get together next time I'm up there!! Better yet, come visit me! It's nice and warm here!!!

36. Natty by Design Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:37 am #

You're darling! Love your style.

37. jamie @ [kreyv] Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:21 am #

Adorbs!

38. bree lena Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:03 am #

LOVE that Target floral top!!

-Bree @ aBreeFashion.blogspot.com

39. Nat Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

I hate taking photos too, I'm just awkward the whole time! You look so cute though- you really don't look that awkward

40. modernchemistry Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:34 pm #

oh kirsten, you are adorable. truly. i kind of want to take your picture to my hair stylist and say, "cut it like this please!" 🙂

OH! and i have a baby girl named jane, too! such a lovely name.

41. Kathleen Monday, February 4, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

You still look pretty adorable even in your "awkward" photos! Can't wait to see your cute face…I've missed you!

42. Martha Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:15 am #

um, yeah, you're hot. and hear, hear about target! the only place i shop lately. go moms with 2!

43. Brighton Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 12:11 am #

you are just as cute as a button!! love these looks!!! I wish I could have been there!!!