Feature Friday: Suburbs Mama

Today I am featuring the home of blogger Rita from the blog Suburbs Mama. Here is what she says she loves most about her home:

My home is a reflection of who I am. If you know me, you know I am
very girly, love skirts, dresses, bright colors and makeup. My home is
kind of like that. I like to keep everything bright and airy. I love
bringing in color through accessories and flowers.
Its the “makeup” in the room. Just makes everything look so much better.

Oh,
and lets not forget, it has to be child friendly. I have a 2 and a 5
year old, so my home is all about jumping on the bed, making forts with
all the pillows and blankets and pretending the sofa is their pirate
ship.”

Enjoy!
 Living Room
Read more about her gallery wall project here

See how she transformed this vintage record player here
Go here to see how she customized this Ikea shelf.
Family Room

read how she created this wooden growth chart here
Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Read more about this mater bedroom here
Read how she created these greek key curtains here
Master Bathroom

Read more about this Master Bathroom remodel here
Guest Room

Thanks so much to Rita for letting me feature her home. Make sure you check out her blog here
Go here to check out past Feature Fridays.

, , , , ,

8 Responses to Feature Friday: Suburbs Mama

1. Julia Konya Friday, April 19, 2013 at 11:14 am #

What a beautiful and fun home!

2. Brandi Friday, April 19, 2013 at 11:31 am #

Wow! Rita has such beautiful taste. I love the style of her home.

3. Melissa W. Friday, April 19, 2013 at 11:32 am #

Perfect!!!

4. Nancy Friday, April 19, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

Lovely tour! Thanks for sharing. So envious that it looks like her whole house is done! Ive got rooms to go yet…Have a great weekend ladies!
    xo N ancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

5. Brooke Romney Friday, April 19, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

Love the colors in her living room! Maybe my favorite use of color since your living room! momexploresmichigan.blogspot.com

6. My name is Rita Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 12:14 am #

Thank you so much for featuring my home! It is a great honor!

7. Abby @ Just a Girl and Her Blog Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 1:53 am #

I absolutely LOVE her use of color! I was so inspired by this house tour that I changed the whole direction of my bedroom makeover. {Don't tell my hubby. ;)} Thanks so much, Rita and Kirsten!! Have a great weekend!

~Abby =)

8. Jennifer Lee Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

So crazy! We just did some remodeling in our living room and bought the EXACT same coffee table (world market?) We also built board and batten behind our sofa and topped it off with a shelf the same level as her shelf 🙂 and above it? photo gallery! I now feel validated in my choices. 🙂