Marble Contact Paper

For the next few months I’ll be sharing in the Fiesta Movement by tackling design projects in my home and community. This months’ theme is Style. This month I’ve decided to tackle finishing up my home office.

Thank you all so much for your help with my desk chair! I have decided to go with option 2 and I’ll be letting you all know how it turns out! Moving along with another project in my office…

I have had these little side tables for a few months and I knew I wanted to spruce them up.

I bought them at Target for a steal but they were lacking that expensive feel that I wanted. For a long time I knew I wanted to add marble to the top of the tables but having custom marble cut to this exact size proved to be tricky. After reading this post I decided to try my hand at marble contact paper

The paper was super super super easy to use and I love what it did for my side tables.

I also added these Anthro knobs to each table.
I am obsessed with marble paper and I want to cover all of my furniture in it!
disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I was compensated for my participation. The opinions expressed are my own.

, , , ,

14 Responses to Marble Contact Paper

1. Leslie Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

What a great idea! I think it would be great if you continued a small strip of the contact paper to the front of the night stand so that it looks like you have a real piece of stone there (showing the thickness) instead of having it read 2D.

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 4:03 pm #

I know! Such a good idea. I actually did try that but it looked weird 🙁 I'm hoping the marble can have an "inset" feel. lol.

2. Chaney @ May Richer Fuller Be Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 2:10 pm #

LOVE it! I wonder what it would look like as a back splash? It looks so real in the photos – does it look as "expensive" in person?

3. Brittany Simmons Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Love the marble look- i can hardly believe that its contact paper!

4. Chelsea Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 2:42 pm #

These look great! So much more expensive and for some reason, now that lucite on the lamp base pops as well. Fabulous!

5. LifeBegins@Thirty Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 3:40 pm #

So great. Did you order the full roll for $65 or were you able to find a smaller amount?

6. Brittany Cramer Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

looks SO GOOD! And that marble contact paper, man, what wonders you could do with it.

7. adrianne lentine Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:14 pm #

that looks so rad!

8. Olivia Parks Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

Thanks for the great post. Contact paper has a million uses and I have it in every room of the house, from chalkboard paper in the kitchen to marble paper like the one you've used here. I found some great deals here: http://www.interiorplace.com/categories/Contact-Paper-Self-Adhesive-shelf-liners/

9. marshallhousematters.com Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 11:18 pm #

Wow! The end table turned out amazing. I need to find some of that marble paper!

10. Julia Konya Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 11:22 am #

I have a thing for marble contact paper too. I covered my first desk as a teenager in marble contact paper. And my parents still have it. Love the knobs too

11. Tricia | 724SouthHouse Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm #

I'm TOTALLY going to use the contact paper or our master bedroom nightstands (that is yet to be started)…. but I just 'liked' this in BLOGLOVIN and will definitely be coming back to it. Thanks for sharing! How does the paper hold up to wiping down/wet rags/drink condensation?

12. Rania Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 8:16 am #

It’s so funny, yesterday I looked at my badly painted Ikea dining table that I was trying to give a lacquer finish to, alas to an unpleasant end. Given the poor results that I’ve suffered with since last summer, mainly due to lack of time and return to work after a maternity leave, and an over stressful life with kids, work, and blogging lol…I’ve put it on the wayside until I either cough up the money for a marble table or something just as tasteful. Of course, nor do I have the money to splurge on the marble table nor the time to look for something of higher quality, suddenly, yesterday as I gazed over at the block of marble I bought second hand to redo my bathroom counter, I said to myself, what if adhesive paper existed in marble print for me to stick on that table and make it look fancy? And so a light bulb lit! When I searched, landed on the Decoist site, then got redirected here by link posted in their article, I’ve finally found the calling for my poor man’s table. You’ve given me the steps and tools to create my own chef d’oeuvre. After this long winded comment that I simply had to write to you, I want to say THANK YOU! You’ve truly demonstrated the power of marble without the price tag! This will be my summer project.

P.S. Love the blog!