Sweet and Serene Safari Nursery

A few weeks ago one of my favorite clients told me that “surprise!” she was adopting a baby and that he would be here in less than two months. We kicked it into high gear designing a beautiful nursery for her baby-to-be. She wanted it to be “animal” themed so this is the board I came up with.
One thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to use a print from the Animal Print Shop
I LOVE all of their cute animals and I am excited to use the Elephant one above the changing table. I also loved the idea of using a couple of these bla bla mobiles
Here is a look at the room so far! I’ll post pictures as soon as it’s all done.
Don’t you just love the starry ceiling!

23 Responses to Sweet and Serene Safari Nursery

1. Michele @ Moonfield Lane Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 11:07 am #

That ceiling is amazing. And I love the rug–I like the "imperfect chevron" look with the the different widths. Can't wait to see it finished!

2. Julia Konya Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 11:23 am #

Perfection! I want that ceiling in my bedroom 😉

3. Dina @ Honey + Fitz Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 11:27 am #

So great. I love it all! My client just welcomed a baby girl and he wanted to honor she and her husband's honeymoon on safari in Africa so we did a really fun, girly take on safari and I specified that same rug in aqua because I love that its modern but the uneven chevrons are almost zebra like. Can't wait to see the rest of the room. Adoption is so special. Congrats to your clients!

4. Beth of designPOST Interiors Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

I have been on a pinning kick this week with those animal prints. I can't pick a favorite! Adorable room!

5. Beth // Design Your Dwelling Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 1:56 pm #

I love it so much and can't wait to see the finished room! I can't wait to see the animal prints incorporated!!

6. Samantha Hawes Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

Wow wow wow!! I cannot wait to see the finished room. I love the drama that the rug adds, especially against the sweet starry sky. How very exciting for your client!!

Samantha

7. Kristen Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

I LOVE this room! I am currently working on designing my 3rd daughters room…and I would LOVE to do that to the ceiling, but I am renting:( However, I am thinking some removeable decals! I cannot wait to see the rest of this room! Great work!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

You totally should! We used vinyl decals too!

8. theanatomyofdesign.com Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

gorgeous starry ceiling…i love that deep blue color…makes those stars really pop.

9. Katie @ Team Skelley Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

Love it! We have a basset hound print from the Animal Print Shop – my daughter loves it. 😀 Where did you find the rug? I would love to put it in our living room.

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 7:49 pm #

Rugs USA and get on their email list cause they have the best sales!

10. MarvelousMrsP Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 5:52 pm #

This room makes me want to have another baby! Haha! Congratulations to your client!

11. Krystine Edwards Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

The ceiling is FABULOUS and the prints, I may have to copy!

Krystine

12. Laney Reusch / Reusch Interior Design Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm #

Oooo!!!! LOVE the ceiling and rug!!!! How awesome!

Is the ceiling a mural or wallpaper?

13. marshallhousematters.com Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

The starry ceiling is amazing! LOVE!

14. Emily Curfew Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 4:12 am #

excited to see final room. 🙂

15. House Envy Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 10:36 am #

So so cute! I got those mobiles for a friend. They are so sweet! The design is perfect. Nice work on tight turnaround and CONGRATS to your client! We adopted our first baby and when its time, its time, you gotta hurry and get things ready:)!!

Laura
    House Envy

16. Jen Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Where us that gold side table from? It's exactly what I'm looking for in my nursery!

17. Abby Lawson Friday, October 18, 2013 at 5:04 pm #

Love that! It looks like it's going to be super-cute! What an exciting time for your client! My SIL and her husband just adopted their son from India, and we are all so smitten with him! Thanks for sharing your design, Kirsten! Have a great weekend!

~Abby =)

18. Brad maddox Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 11:09 am #

Trading is the Best Business Ever in the World.. All News updates about Forex Business, Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

19. sameer waseem Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm #

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want…

20. moosa asim Monday, February 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.

21. Allison Ricker Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 1:02 am #

What did you use for crib bedding?
    My husband and I are in LOVE with this nursery!

Allison