Feature Friday: Vivid Hue Home

Today I am featuring the home of blogger Heather from the blog Vivid Hue Home. Her house is definitely vivid and full of color! Here is what she says she loves most about her home:
My home is my experimental canvas for design.  I love to find ways to
push the limits with decorating and use elements that are unexpected.
When I think of an outrageous idea, I try to figure out where it may
best work in my house.  For example, as soon as I
saw Meg Braff’s Kelly Green wallpaper (Up in a Tree), I knew I had to
use it SOMEWHERE.  I thought that using it in the mudroom was unique
because usually that area is  simply a neutral transitional space.  I
wanted to have fun with it.  Another example is in my guest room.  I
“had to have” the Urchin Sputnik chandelier.  That light itself is
enough to make a statement in the room but I wanted to “go further” so I
added the striped wallpaper to the ceiling.  For me, interior design is
a representation of one’s personality.  I don’t think it should be
taken too seriously.  Don’t be afraid to mix colors and patterns.  D├ęcor
can always be changed, so have fun!
Enjoy!

Go here to read more about this space.
k i t c h e n

Read more about this space here
m a s t e r   b e d r o o m

Read more about this space here
m a s t e r   b a t h r o o m

Read more about this space here
g u e s t   r o o m

Read more about this room here.

b a t h r o o m

Read more about this space here

s u n r o o m

Read more about this space here

Thanks Heather! Make sure you check out her blog here

, ,

14 Responses to Feature Friday: Vivid Hue Home

1. Julia Konya Friday, December 20, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

Oh wow, one of the best colorful homes I have seen. Love that sputnik chandelier.

2. Ashley @ The Houston House Friday, December 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

So colorful and happy

3. Beth of designPOST Interiors Friday, December 20, 2013 at 2:58 pm #

Love Heather and her home!

4. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door Friday, December 20, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Heather is the best and her home is an inspiration!! Great feature!

5. Samantha Hawes Friday, December 20, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

This is such a happy home!! I love the use of color and her attitude toward design. She clearly designed for her own wants, and not for others.
    XO – Samantha

6. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno Friday, December 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

Such a colorful and happy home!

7. MarvelousMrsP Friday, December 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

OHHHH that set of windows above the kitchen sink! It totally beats the little builder's grade one I have.

8. sarah m. dorsey Friday, December 20, 2013 at 6:31 pm #

Love all of the color and pattern!!

9. Bethany DeVore Friday, December 20, 2013 at 9:55 pm #

What a great use of color, love it!

10. Scott Thomas Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 6:23 am #

More than its high quality and durability, this materials will add the touch of sophistication you can hardly get with any other material.

11. Hems Jacson Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Thanks for large information you compose it very clean. I am very fortuitous to get this tips from you.
    by MKT 571 Final Exam provider

12. SHERRY HART Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

I love Heathers home! She has great use of color In the best way. That guest room she did for the ORC is still a fav!

13. Steph @ Three Loud Kids! Saturday, December 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

Such a beautiful home. That guest room is incredible!!

14. Robert Gomez Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:28 am #

I hope you are able to share some of the "amazing inventions" in future logs. Click here to learn more!!