Safari Themed Room Reveal

Before I share today’s post I want to say a giant THANK YOU to all who commented on my blog yesterday and sent me nice emails. I was a little shaky and scared to hit publish on my post yesterday because it’s always nerve-racking to get personal on this design blog. I was overwhelmed with your positive feedback and it truly meant so much to me. To think that after four years of blogging I still have readers that are tuning in every day astounds me! Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
A few months ago I helped with a darling Safari themed boy’s room. The gals at Sweet Little Peanut enlisted my advice transitioning a nursery into a big boy room. We wanted to keep it feeling classic, fun and playful.
You can get all the info and the sourcing over at Sweet Little Peanut but I thought I’d share some of my favorite pics. with you today.

One suggestion I had was to change out the bulky ottoman that came with the glider for a Moroccan pouf. I love how the leather adds a lot of dimension to the space and makes it feel more eclectic than it did before.

The room has a little nook that we didn’t quite know what to do with so I suggested adding a soft rug to define the space. Now instead of being an awkward area of the room it is clearly defined as the play area.
Like I said you need to head over to Sweet Little Peanut to get all the details. Thanks for letting me help girls!

10 Responses to Safari Themed Room Reveal

1. perch shop Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 11:19 am #

such a gorgeous space! i love this theme. i wasn't sure what to expect but should have known it would be fantastic. and speaking of yesterdays post, keep on doing your thing lady–you have some seriously wonderful talent!

2. Fran Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

This is really adorable and what I like about it too is that is everything is v. functional and practical.

3. Julia Konya Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

So sweet! Love the details.

4. jamie @ [kreyv] Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

I love it! Great job, per usual!

5. Bethany Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 8:17 pm #

I'll leave a positive comment a day late. 🙂 Thank you, thank you, thank you for your beautiful blog and your immense talent mixing patterns, textures, and finishes. You are bringing much joy to the world. 🙂

6. Melinda Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm #

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love your blog. I have found so much inspiration from your blog!

7. Kathleen Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

This might be one of my favorite kid rooms yet!

8. Bethany DeVore Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

Adorable room, love that pouf!

9. House Envy Friday, December 13, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

this is a wonderful boy's room. Love it!

10. dervla kelly Friday, December 13, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

wow this is gorgeous, love the play tent and the sub of the round pouf instead of the ottoman. I need to do that!