Feature Friday: Kayla Taylor

Today I am featuring the home of Kayla Taylor. She currently is sharing peeks of her home on her instagram account. You can follow her @kaylawtaylor.

Here is what she says she loves most about her home:

I fell in love with my house the second we walked through it. It has
been the perfect blank canvas for my design experiments and in three
short years has already evolved as we have grown as a family. I have
loved personalizing our house with secondhand finds because it has made
every piece of furniture feel intentional and unique. I love our house.
Someday we will look back at it as the place where first steps and first
day of kindergarten pictures were taken and I feel like filling it with
beautiful and inspiring things pays tribute to the important and
special place that it is.

Enjoy!

e n t r y w a y

l i v i n g   r o o m

k i t c h e n

n u r s e r y

Photos by Mckenzie Mortensen Photography

19 Responses to Feature Friday: Kayla Taylor

1. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

what a gorgeous home! i never thought i would love a purple dresser, but oh i do love that dresser!

2. Nancy {at} powellbrower at home Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Lovely! The baby is the cutest accessory! Have a great spring weekend Kirsten! xo Nancy

3. Julia Konya Friday, March 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

Beautiful home, beautiful home and adorable baby 😉

4. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno Friday, March 21, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

So beautiful! I love all the fabrics found throughout!

5. Andrea Friday, March 21, 2014 at 7:35 pm #

I also noticed the fun fabrics! Would it be possible for Kayla to share some favorite sources for upholstery type fabrics? Also, Kirsten, if you have any favorite sources I would love to know. Thank you!

• Anonymous Friday, March 21, 2014 at 11:44 pm #

oh sounds like a great blog post idea! 😉

• Andrea Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 1:14 am #

Yes…please!

• Kayla Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 3:15 pm #

Hi Andrea! Most of the upholstery fabrics in my house are Caitlin Wilson Textiles. They can be kind of spendy ($50 to $65 a yd) but I've purchased all of mine from either a sample sale, random cleaning sale she has, or as weird shapes remnants from a local designer. I have several other favorite online fabric sources depending on what you're looking for! You can follow me on IG (kaylawtaylor) for more info;)

6. Cortney Friday, March 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm #

Beautiful house tour! Love all the colors! Do you know the source for the blue and white geometric fabric covering the chair in the second to last pic?

• Kayla Monday, March 24, 2014 at 7:04 am #

It is a Caitlin Wilson fabric that is currently not being sold in that color way. She has the same pattern in gold foil for sale now.

7. Hannah Archibald Friday, March 21, 2014 at 11:33 pm #

Amazing home! Come decorate mine Kayla!

8. theanatomyofdesign.com Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 2:07 am #

she used such beautifully tailored pieces of furniture throughout her whole house. gorgeous fabrics. lovely home!

9. Char Marsh Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 3:07 am #

Love this gorgeous, amazingly styled home

char@marshallhousematters.com

10. Jeremy Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 4:01 am #

Most of the upholstery fabrics are from Caitlin Wilson (http://www.caitlinwilsontextiles.com/). I've used her fabrics throughout my home. Some of the colors in Kayla's home are not sold anymore.

11. Robert Parker Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 9:45 am #

Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    Info Teknologi Komputer Download Software Gratis

12. Sarah Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 10:58 pm #

Any idea what color purple was used on the baby's dresser? Thanks 🙂

• Kayla Monday, March 24, 2014 at 6:59 am #

Hi Sarah! It is rhapsody lilac by Sherwin Williams.:)

13. Natasha Stevens Friday, March 28, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

This is my favorite home you have featured.

14. Meg Monday, April 7, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

Kayla – I love the set of 4 prints above the blue and white pottery on your console table. Where are the prints and frames from? -Meg