Family Basement Reveal

Today I am sharing a basement makeover I recently did with Erin. Yesterday I gave some insight into the process and shared all of the before pictures but just as a reminder here is the basement before…
We lightened it, layered it and brought in some color! I love how it turned out.
Our clients had the room painted in Restoration Hardware’s silver sage at 75%. Those tan walls HAD to go!

Immediately when you enter the basement you see this table and these lamps. The table is from DownEast Home. The coral is also from DownEast.  The lamps are from Lamps Plus. We got the curtain panels from West Elm.

I’m so glad we decided to use a rug to ground the t.v. seating area. I think it was necessary in this long room.

The rug is the Charing Cross rug from Serena and Lily. Side tables are the Bone Side Tables from West Elm. The t.v. console is the Blake Grey Wash Media Console from Crate and Barrel.

The spindle chair is from Alice Lane Home Collection. The ottoman was reupholstered in Westley in Indigo by Pindler. Rocky Mountain Upholstery did all the upholstery for the space.
The blue pillows are from Plush Studio. The tan pillow is to-the-trade.  We had the sofa upholstered in Pindler & Pindler Sanderson in Parchment.  It’s a super durable fabric and soil and stain resistant!
We took their existing chair and upholstered it in Robert Allen’s Nesting Zig Zag.
The ivory pillow is from Target. The coral pillow is from West Elm.
We got this great garden stool on Overstock. We used grasscloth on the back wall to create more of focal point in the nook.

The leaning ladder is from Amazon.

The shelf turned out so much better once it was painted white! We added a bunch of accessories from Target and T.J. Maxx.

I picked up a beautiful asian needlepoint from a thrift store for a steal! While going through our clients things we found this adorable house made out of popsicle sticks that one of their sons made. I love using sentimental items in our decor whenever possible!

In the seating area the octopus art is such a statement! The chairs are $215 a piece on Overstock.

We found this desk at Pottery Barn. The desk chair is the Porter Upholstered chair from West Elm.
We printed off this rock art from here.This room was so much fun to design and install. Game rooms and basements are usually a dumping ground for all the leftover furniture and decor. But I believe they should get a little attention too! After all this where your family will be gathering and spending so much time together.

A BIG thank you to Jylare Smith Photography for taking these great images!

If you are interested in our design services please send fill out this form

, , ,

30 Responses to Family Basement Reveal

1. Julia Konya Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:22 am #

Love everything and I'm convinced now that I need that wall color in my life

2. Fran Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:33 am #

The furniture pieces and fabric choices are classic and timeless! Thank you for sharing the sources! It's beautiful – you can tell a lot of money was spent on this space and it shows!

3. René Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

Well done Kristen & Erin! Loved seeing your process!

4. Cathy Wall Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 1:01 pm #

What a lively and fun space, lot's of great ideas and well priced pieces. Good job you two!

5. sarah m. dorsey Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 1:48 pm #

Such a fun space!! The octopus art is amazing – such a statement!

6. Christie Lewis Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 2:35 pm #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one, Kirsten. So light & airy. Beautiful!

7. Steph @ Three Loud Kids! Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

This room turned out really gorgeous! I love that bright orange rug that you chose!

8. Elizabeth Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 2:44 pm #

Wow, I cannot believe this is a BASEMENT! Looks amazing!!!

9. Beth Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

love it! pinning this post to keep in mind for the future!

10. Unknown Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 3:39 pm #

Great work! So many terrific details. Jaw dropping before and after. Can't believe how much new upholstery changed the look of the sofa and chair.

11. Laura Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 4:20 pm #

you both do such great work! Love the colors. I really enjoy your design process posts.

12. Leslie Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 5:35 pm #

This looks really great. I love the coral and the mint green!

13. Bethany DeVore Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 7:37 pm #

it looks so much lighter and brighter! Loving all the colors, I'm sure they are thrilled!

14. Tessie Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 8:02 pm #

You never cease to amaze me! I am having some serious basement envy 🙂 it is just lovely. Job well done!

15. Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 12:44 am #

It looks wonderful! I am dying for a spindle chair in my life – still haven't found one I can reupholster, or that is cheap enough for my liking right now 🙂

16. jamie@[kreyv] Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 1:45 am #

Love it! Silver Sage is one of my all time favorite paint colors!

17. theanatomyofdesign.com Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 10:54 am #

it's beautiful! i love your ability to mix high and low and make it all look so elegant…especially in a basement! and it looks so much lighter now. gorgeous job!

18. Britton Yar Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 1:49 pm #

What a beautiful space! The colors are just perfect!!

19. Tara {The Silver Lining} Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 2:44 pm #

It's stunning! So much lighter and so full of life. Definitely a space that draws you in.

20. Sue@pineapplehillinteriors Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 7:19 pm #

Love, love, love….everything! Furiture all gorgeous. Paint color beautiful and so fun! Octopus Art awesome.
    I would never leave if I lived there, just play table tennis all day a try out ever chair!

21. Diane Haynie Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 11:34 pm #

Just FYI…the link you provided for down east is incorrect. Love that multi drawer chest so was able to locate the correct link on Google. Great room!

22. Michelle Friday, May 2, 2014 at 5:07 pm #

I just came across your blog and was blown away by this room! I want to do a coastal themed living room and these colors would look amazing!!! This room is beautiful!

23. Sagheer Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 9:05 am #

All Kind of Current Affairs, Latest Hot News updates, Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

24. Dinesh gir Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 11:43 am #

Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

25. Syed Kazim Ali Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 9:31 pm #

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag… Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

26. Sagheer Friday, May 9, 2014 at 8:14 am #

hotcurrentaffairs.com

27. pamelia macy Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

it's elegant as it is…!!
    It's ahead of the basement remodeling ideas;
    How can one imagine these ideas and also put into reality…!!
    Keep it up..!!

28. Dinesh gir Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 4:11 am #

Visit for any Online Jobs from Home
    OnlineJobs

29. Cameron Monday, August 17, 2015 at 11:43 pm #

Hello! Can you please share what color base you ordered from lamps plus for those lamps? I ordered some similar from their Color Plus line and it just arrived and it’s or age not coral. The website is very hard to tell what the true color is. Thanks so much!!! Love love this room!

30. Saltean Friday, January 6, 2017 at 12:52 am #