Neutral Nautical Living Reveal

Erin and I have a great new room reveal to share with you today! This project took a lot of twists and turns along the way so it really felt like Christmas when were finally able to complete it. We started the project back in October of last year and slowly tweaked the design until it was perfect for our clients.  Here’s a little review of what we started with.
Our clients moved into an amazing blank slate last year. The house has incredible bones but it needed furniture and some life breathed into it! They needed everything for their living room.
Off to the side of the living room they had a dining space.
There was already a built in bench but we needed a table and chairs to complete the space.
The kitchen was also beautiful but it needed some accessorizing and we wanted to find some amazing bar stools. You actually see the kitchen right when you walk into the house so the bar stools had to be great.
The entryway also needed some help.
Right off the entry is a little nook that was calling for the perfect little table to complete it.
The last place we needed to design was their mudroom.
It needed some color and storage for sure.
Like I said Erin and I spent months and months designing these spaces. We hit a lot of challenges along the way. Things were backordered, products needed to be returned and the biggest challenge was just helping the clients figure out what their style was.  They love color but also really wanted a calm and more neutral living space.  In the end we went with that.
We were never told a set budget so we tried to bring a lot of high/low into the space. The clients love and appreciate nice things but they also love to get a deal. We tried to find good deals where we could but we also splurged on a few items.
Our clients moved to Utah from Hawaii so we added subtle beachy elements throughout.
 I hope you enjoy the after reveal! Thanks to Jylare Smith for her amazing photography.

This is a look at the entryway. We chose a blue natural fiber rug. It brings some color in but also hides dirt easily.

For their powder bath off the entry we bought a couple of framed starfish at T.J. Maxx. The art was custom made by this etsy shop with the family’s favorite quote.

In the entryway we found the perfect little locker table from Pottery Barn for the nook.  It seriously fits like it was made for the space.  The mirror is also from Pottery Barn.  The rope ball and tray were T.J. Maxx finds and the bust and greenery are from Alice Lane Home Collection.

As I mentioned above as you come in from the entryway you see the Kitchen immediately.
We chose to have custom bar stool benches made instead of doing traditional bar stools.
The benches were done by Rocky Mountain Upholstery and they were done in an indoor/outdoor highly durable fabric.
In the kitchen we kept it simple with some accessories from T.J. Maxx.

The dining room was really brought to life with the Thom Filicia Warm Memories ll piece.  It added a lot of color to this mostly neutral space.

We bought some of Alice Lane’s gorgeous cherry blossoms to fill our ginger jar. The jar is to-the-trade. Contact us for details.

After a lot of deliberation we ended up choosing the Salvaged Wood and Concrete X-Based table from Restoration. The chairs are my favorite Riviera Side Chairs from Serena and Lily. I’m obsessed with them.

The living room was slightly challenging to design because of it’s layout. There was some empty space behind the sofa. We ended up putting a little bookshelf back there and it filled the space perfectly.

The trunk table is from Pottery Barn and the accessories are from T.J. Maxx.
We found all of these fun beach accessories at T.J. Maxx. The table runner is from Alice Lane Home Collection.

The antiqued rug really grounds the space and brings in a beautiful color. The room is pretty big so we had the idea to place x-benches in front of the fireplace.  They are perfect for the space and they add additional seating! The benches aren’t available anymore at Home Decorators but these are similar.

We found the ladder at a consignment shop and the throws are from West Elm.

The lamps are from West Elm. The Hawaii photograph is from this etsy shop.

The ginger jar is from Alice Lane Home Collection and the coral is from Pottery Barn.

The sectional is the Clifton from Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams. The fabric is super durable and easy to clean.  The ottoman is the English Roll Arm Leather Ottoman from Restoration Hardware.
The blue solid pillows are from Pottery Barn.  The chevron pillow is from Alice Lane Home Collection. The ikat pillow is made from Schumacher Sahana Ikat.

The bookshelf is the Wyatt Double Open Shelving from Restoration Hardware. We accessorized the shelves with items from T.J. Maxx, Pottery Barn and Target.
For the little wall between the entry and the living room we decided to do a chalkboard and a little bench.
Another space that we designed was the mudroom.

The paint color throughout her home is Benjamin Moore Gray Owl.
We just added some baskets from Pottery Barn and pillows from Target and Alice Lane Home Collection.
We were so excited to finish these spaces and just as we put the finishing touches on the main floor our clients have decided to put their house up for sale! It is an AMAZING house.  I’d love to buy it myself!
If you want more details on the house contact jessicadnewby@gmail.com

40 Responses to Neutral Nautical Living Reveal

1. JOSÉ PEDRO RODRIGUES/ APARTMENT 312 Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 11:21 am #

Awesome house!! Absolutely stunning, I think the theme is perfect and you did a great work. You nailed that. Love the choice palette of colors, the patterns, oh and the wood floor it's amazing because it contrast with the neutral color of the walls.
    I wish I could live there ahahaah 😉

zepedrorodrigues.blogspot.pt

2. Julia Konya Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 11:40 am #

So so gorgeous! Every single details. Love it.

I found some similar chairs to the blue ones at our local ReStore with solid brass bases. I couldn't believe that they wanted $299 for each. I was so mad because I really wanted them. Now seeing them in this space makes me angry again 😉

3. The Robbins' Nest Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 12:16 pm #

All these photos have so much inspiration in them! This home has the same feel that my husband and I want for our home. Thank you so much for sharing all your hard work! It is gorgeous!

4. Elizabeth Kallembach Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 12:23 pm #

Looks amazing!!! You guys did a fantastic job!

5. Laura | Simply Lowcountry Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 12:23 pm #

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I would love this. Those benches at the bar are PERFECT.

Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

6. Erica M. Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 12:58 pm #

Amazing! Everything is beautiful and I just love those kitchen bar benches. And that pottery barn locker table in the hall, its on sale now to, hope your clients were able to get that deal. 🙂

7. Kaylee Lamothe Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

Beautiful space! Can you tell me where the lighting is from over the kitchen island and table in the kitchen? Thanks!

8. Cara Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

Always blown away by your designs! LOVE!

9. jana bek Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm #

Holy Goodness! Per usual this is stunning! Love how airy it is with the perfect balance of color. Just the right amount of coastal & that rug – obsessed! You ladies nailed it! Soo good! XO jana

10. jamie @ [kreyv] Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:53 pm #

So gorgeous! You girls are amazing!

11. Aubree Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 1:57 pm #

Kristen, if you could've redone the bench in the dining area, would you have centered it under the windows or kept it all the way to the wall like it is? I'm building and am planning on doing a built-in bench under my windows in my dining nook too. I was going to center it, but seeing this space made me wonder if I should push it to the wall. What do you think? Beautiful space, by the way. Love every detail

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 3:00 am #

It's a good question. I like it pushed against the wall if it's built-in but I do wish the table was centered. It would have made the layout a little easier to design. But honestly if it's built in I think it's better against a wall 🙂

12. The Daily Nest Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 2:32 pm #

Why would they sell this house?? Omg truly amazing and beautiful! You all have such an eye for details! Love it all!!

13. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

Absolutely gorgeous girls. So much inspiration. I can't believe they are selling. I want to move in. Like today.

14. Natalie Gonzalez Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm #

Y'all did an amazing job. Such fresh, chic choices. Lovely home, indeed. I'd snatch it up in a hot sec if I lived in Utah…and had the dough. 😉

15. holtkamp Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 5:09 pm #

So beautiful! As is all your work!

16. Maj Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

Stunning- I'm dying! I think nautical is definitely your specialty.

17. Erica Layne | Let Why Lead Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Gorgeous! I love every detail. I think one of my favorites are those orange globes in the open shelves. But that warm memories piece really is a show stopper. Beautiful work, ladies!

18. Emmie {Blue 11 Interiors} Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 8:07 pm #

Beautiful! I love to see your completed projects and I love that you give sources for everything. Where are the blue chairs in the living room from? They are stunning!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, July 8, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

Gatehouse it's a store in Utah. 😉

19. Mrs. Dub Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 3:57 am #

Do you mind sharing the home's location and/or builder? I may have missed that info while I drooled over the farmhouse exterior.

20. Andrea Worley Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 4:03 am #

beautiful home! you guys did a wonderful job, drooling over so many details.

21. heather gilmour Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 7:39 am #

Your work is stunning! You made this place awesome – everything is so beautiful, every single detail fits perfectly where you putted it.

Domestic cleaners Earls Court

22. Brandi Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 12:00 pm #

How amazing! I'm so in love with this home.

23. Smith Family Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

Stunning! What's the paint color on the walls?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 8:57 pm #

Gray owl by Benjamin Moore

24. Shelley | Crazy Wonderful Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 12:42 pm #

You rocked this place! I can't believe they put it up for sale after all that hard work!

25. Kelsie Neider Friday, July 11, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

Well this is fun! I designed and built this house (even the plans) from scratch with my husband and then we sold it to the Newbys. My sister in law who follows your blog sent me an email with this post attached. A lot of time and love was put into this house and it is so fun to see how it has evolved. Great job you guys. It looks amazing!!!

• Kaylee Lamothe Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

Kelsie can you send me your email address, I have a question about the fixtures in the home? Thank you so much! It's kaylee.lamothe@gmail.com

26. Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 3:15 am #

GORGEOUS!! I've been working on having benches made for a kitchen- they are just stunning- bravo!

27. Jason Clark Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 12:25 pm #

For All Latest Hot Current Affairs http://www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

28. Jennilyn Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:56 am #

I would move in, today! The bar stool benches are a brilliant idea, one I would love to copy. Great styling, great colors and personality. Love your work!

29. Syed Kazim Ali Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 5:40 pm #

Online Business with hourly profit, Just Invest and Rest
    AllTimeProfit.com

30. miller2oak Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 5:58 pm #

I love this house. Grey owl looks so different in all the different light. I'm considering this paint for nursery but i'm afraid it will be too blue. Have you ever used intense white? A swatch lighter than grey owl? I'm wanting just a lighter basic grey.

31. Bethany DeVore Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 7:13 pm #

Gorgeous!!

32. Ali arif Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 11:07 am #

Find Best Online Jobs from Home with Payment Guarantee

33. Lindsay Carlisle Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 10:44 pm #

Obsessed with it all! Can you tell me what fabric the two navy pillows on the bench in the dining area are? I LOVE them!

34. Natalie Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 11:51 pm #

I absolutely love this house! It feels warm and welcoming and it makes me want to recreate it!! I love the pillows on the couch. Do you sell those? Or do you happen to know where I can get them? I am talking about the Schumacher ones. Thanks! Love love love your work House of Jade!!

35. Erinn Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 6:19 pm #

What was the paint color used on the lower kitchen cabinets? This is truly my dream home, so amazing.