White Cabinets!

When we bought our townhouse 5 years ago I really wanted white cabinets.  The upgrade was $3,000 so we had to rule it out. Honestly I wasn’t too heartbroken. I liked our brown cabinets and I’ve tried my best to keep our kitchen light and bright regardless.
But in the back of my head I always knew I wanted to paint them eventually. To get your cabinets done right is not cheap though. I had some pretty high quotes! I finally decided to go with RJ Custom Painting (801-381-2057) He was really reasonable priced and totally knew what he was doing. He was also really easy to work with. We went with Decorator’s White by Benjamin Moore.
It makes such a difference! I have all the hardware picked out and it’s on it’s way in the mail!
I decided to go with modern bin pulls for the drawers.
and these classic cabinet knobs for the doors…
I’ve actually been working on lots of projects in my house and hopefully getting everything photographed in the Fall so I can’t wait to share the new house tour with you!

30 Responses to White Cabinets!

1. Jenny Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 11:49 am #

Love those pulls! They're going to look awesome with those new crisp white cabinets!

2. Sarah Cotton Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 11:54 am #

Can't wait to see house tour , kitchen looks beautiful!

3. Brandi Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

Hi Kirsten! Painting your cabinets white really brightened your kitchen. Love the new hardware you picked out. Can't wait to see them in place.

4. Good Life Blog Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

I like your new window treatment!

5. Kelley Lively Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 1:34 pm #

Love it! So bright and airy!

6. the cape on the corner Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 2:21 pm #

makes such a big difference! enjoy!
    b

7. Ashley Hansen Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

Can you tell us about what you paid?

8. KT Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

do you mind if i ask, what is a average price range to have your cabinets painted? i am excited for your new house tour!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 8:09 pm #

I had quotes as high as 2,500 and as low as $900! I think around 2,000 is reasonable!

9. azandersens Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 5:20 pm #

Where did you get your kitchen table? I've been wanting a stainless steel top forever, but they are hard to find!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

It's from west elm 😉

• azandersens Monday, September 1, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

Thx! I don't think they carry the size I need, but I'll keep looking!

10. stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 8:29 pm #

wow!! what a HUGE difference — looks so pretty. love the white!

11. Cozy Little House Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 10:05 pm #

Don't you love the change to white? I sure love white cabinets. Seems so clean and bright. I look forward to seeing your decorating.
    Brenda

12. Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 11:23 pm #

It looks amazing! It's crazy what a difference painting cabinets can make! Cannot wait to see more pics with the pulls installed!

13. Brooke Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 2:40 am #

I love them Kirsten! They look so pretty and the room looks so bright!

14. Shanna Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 10:59 am #

It looks great! I am a sucker for a white kitchen.

15. designchic Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 2:02 pm #

Wow…what a difference. I am the biggest fan of white kitchens and it is gorgeous!! Love the pulls you chose!!

16. shesnomartha Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

I want to do this as well, but I am so worried about the wear and tear over time (ie, will it start to chip off or scratch?). Did you have those worries as well?

17. peach Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 11:58 pm #

simply amazing. Enjoying reading your posts, keep in touch! xx Peach

18. Chic Coles Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

Isn't it amazing what paint can do to a space? I love the white and I love the area rug under the table!

19. lvgrdn Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 8:26 pm #

Beautiful space! What type of BM paint did you use?

20. HeidiB Friday, August 29, 2014 at 9:31 pm #

Looks great! The knobs and pulls will add to it a lot!! Love the chairs – where are they from?

21. ahmedraza moon Monday, September 1, 2014 at 6:11 pm #

Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details

22. irfan a.r Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 11:27 am #

Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs

23. Anwar Fazil Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 1:42 am #

PayPal Business Website, Join Now and earn with PayPal, Just Invest As Low As $1 and Get 120% Total Profit within 5 Days.
    earningsclub.com

24. Anwar Fazil Friday, September 19, 2014 at 11:37 am #

Best Gaming and Add Clicking Website where you can make $100 per Day,

Join now
    PaidVerts.com

25. Anwar Fazil Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 7:28 am #

Earn Money Online without any investment, latest Paid to Click Site with Many types of earnings, Add Clicking, Games and Referrals.
    AdsClickEarning.com

26. Anwar Fazil Saturday, September 27, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

Easy Earning, Playing Games, Earn Money by Just Viewed Some Ads, 10% Referral Commission with Payza, Perfect Money and EgoPay
    AdsClickEarning.com

27. Emily Brooklyn Monday, February 9, 2015 at 8:00 pm #

it's a Great white kitchen cabinets! looks stunning.