A Master Bedroom Refresh

If you follow me on instagram (@kirstenkrason) you know that I’ve been working on sprucing up my Master Bedroom. This room has always been an evolving experiment. Things come in, I get sick of them and things go out.  I’ve just never loved anything I’ve had in here. I also don’t allow for a lot of my budget to go towards this room so I’m always trying to get deals where I can and do DIY projects here and there for the things that I put in this space. But finally I decided it was time to just “finish” it.
I was initially inspired by Crane and Canopy’s Linden Monaco Blue Border bedding. You know I can’t pass up a crisp pairing of blue and white in any form.
My bedroom has a very unfortunate off centered window behind the bed. I hate it. But I do what I can. Because I have so many windows in the room I opted to save money on window treatments and do basic Ikea panels. I also moved my rod out on the right side to make the window appear centered behind the panels.

My Crane and Canopy duvet goes really well with a pair of Caitlin Wilson Berry Deco Pillows.  I also added a lumbar in one of my favorite florals.  I also had two x benches made in a lovely mint fabric.  The blue coverlet can be found here.

Nightstand styling is always so fun. I bought the Hemnes Nightstand from Ikea and switched up the hardware.  I’ve also been admiring these baskets from the Land of Nod.  But for $34 a piece I thought I could surely find cheaper.  So with a visit to Hobby Lobby, my 40% off coupon, a sale on baskets and some mint spray paint I got two baskets and paint for $14.
I love my table lamp. I got it from Urban Outfitters but I don’t think it’s available any more. This one is really similar.
You can find the framed mint rock in our House of Jade shop!
The watercolor landscape art is available through us. Contact us for pricing – houseofjadeinteriors@gmail.com.

The Darling art is available through us. Contact us for pricing – houseofjadeinteriors@gmail.com.

I got the dresser for around $500 on major clearance. You can read the story here. The artwork is a framed calendar that I blogged about here.  I wrote about my Wall Stencil here. The paint color is Hazy Skies by Benjamin Moore.

The Flamingo art can be purchased here.
You can find the urchin in our House of Jade shop!

You can find the rug in our House of Jade shop! I love it!
If you remember from this post I ended up buying the copper iron lantern for my chandelier. It came a lot darker than I wanted so I sprayed it with some gold spray paint and I love how it turned out!
Thanks to Crane & Canopy for sending me such pretty bedding. I hope you like how the room turned out!

, ,

15 Responses to A Master Bedroom Refresh

1. mandy Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 12:57 pm #

This is beautiful! I really love the TV space; it's very elegant.

2. Meg Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

So inspiring! I think I have to pin everything. I also have the Hemnes nightstand which I outfitted with Anthro knobs and I really agree that it's the perfect nightstand! I'll never get a nighstand without a drawer. 🙂 And I adore those ikat x benches. Where was the x bench originally from before you upholstered it?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

I think I found them on Wayfair. They were just the cheapest ones I could find 🙂

• Meg Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

Awesome thanks!

3. Mary Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm #

Your room is beautiful…even with the off-center window. (Why do builders do that?) I like how you camouflaged it.
    Please share where you got the blue coverlet. It would look great in my guestroom.

4. Brandi Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

Such a gorgeous room. I love all the details and accessories. The gallery wall behind your television is perfect.

5. Price Style & Design Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 4:33 pm #

Those x benches are fab. I had not seen that color way of Kelly W's fabric. Super cute!

6. katie gavigan Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm #

Those windows along the side wall…so elegant!! Love the dresser and framed calendar art. Pretty!

7. Angela and Enrique Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 5:57 pm #

This is beautiful!! Our master bedroom is lonely and sad at this moment and need of a major face lift. This is very inspiring! You always amaze me!

8. Sarah Jane Marchant Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 1:17 am #

You can't even tell the window is off-center. Good job!

9. Brooke Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 2:43 pm #

I love your room, beautiful job! Great trick with the drapery to hide the off-center window too. I'm finally slowly pulling my bedroom together and it's been really nice to start liking what I see when I walk in the room!

10. Kristin@bliss-athome.com Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

Love this so much Kirsten 🙂 xoxo

11. Marisa Friday, November 21, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

Beautiful! I love how you spruced up the ikea side tables and used the curtains to balance out the window – my bed backs up to a window as well, so I know how difficult that can be!

12. Sarah Monday, December 1, 2014 at 3:26 am #

So pretty! What is the main paint color on the room? Thanks!