Paint Colors I’ve Used and Loved

I often get asked what my favorite paint colors are.  I have used a lot of colors over the years but my very favorites I like to use over and over.
photo by Samantha Kelly Photography
In this bold Living Room design I chose Palladian blue.  It’s a pretty intense color. What I love about it is that it is the perfect green and blue mix.
I also did it at 70% in this room
photo by Jylare Smith Photography

It’s not quite as saturated at the 70%. I really love the color either way.
photo by Jylare Smith Photography
I used Hazy Skies in a lot of the rooms in this model home project.  It’s such an interesting color. Sometimes it looks “barely there” and sometimes it looks more gray, sometimes more taupe and sometimes it even has a green tint to it.
It’s also the color I’ve used throughout my house.
photo by Jylare Smith Photography

I just feel like it’s a great neutral.
Another favorite neutral is Bone by Jeff Lewis
photo by Jylare Smith Photography

We used it in this room and we seriously loved how it turned out. We’ll probably use it again and again.

Another favorite is Benjamin Moore Gray Owl.

We used it in these rooms:

Nautical Playroom

It’s a great gray. Grays are sooooo hard. They always have an undertone and usually go cool or warm.  This gray is almost perfect!
I hope this helps when you are choosing paint colors for your homes!

10 Responses to Paint Colors I’ve Used and Loved

1. Meg Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 5:31 pm #

I have gray owl in my bedroom and I agree it's perfect! Thanks for the taupe references, I'm pinning them now!

2. Stephanie Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

All the above pictures are beautiful. So glad you like Hazy Skies. I've been admiring this color forever (I love it), but have been afraid to use it. My house is so dark & I was afraid it would just be too dark on the walls. I chickened out and painted my dining room "Halo" & it's really lighter than I wanted. So, I thought I might move up to "Ashwood" & see if I like that more. I love light colored walls, but my husband wants "a color". I think I might try the 70% trick. Thanks!

3. Brian Cailsey Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 9:10 pm #

Thanks, I am glad to read your topic and could participate comment here
    I keep visiting your blog every day to find out the latest topics that you share here
    Glad to be begabung here, salute
    If there is a turning please visit my blog
    Vimax
    Vimax Asli
    Vimax Canada
    Obat Vimax

4. Kelly Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 3:59 am #

That blue is a beautiful shade!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

5. Martha Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 5:51 am #

I used Gray Owl in my home in the main living areas and love it, too! We live in Seattle and I was worried that it'd be too much gray in my life (gray skies, gray walls), but in our living room it has a beautiful light blue tint so it feels like a blue sky day when it's a gray sky day. Ahhhhh.

6. Mary-Irene Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 11:35 am #

I used Gray Owl in my bedroom and it reads as a serene, lovely, pale greenish/bluish gray. I have Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter throughout the rest of my home and absolutely love it. Gray is the perfect neutral.

7. Susann Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

Those colors look so beautiful, Gray Owl and Palladian Blue are amazing!

xo Susann
    Fashion in Pepperland

8. Jessica Taylor Friday, December 19, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Wonderful home! Love these colours you used and the combinations you made with them. Amazing photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Carpet cleaners Greenwich

9. Landon Muriel Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm #

I bought exactly the same table lamp two weeks ago from interior deluxe, so nice!

10. Holly Gruszka Monday, December 29, 2014 at 2:47 am #

I always enjoy seeing what other designers like as their "go to" colors so thank you for sharing. I'm a big fan of BM Wythe Blue and BM Manchester Tan – both have worked well for me in a few different homes.