ORC – Week 2 Choosing Paint

When I first started designing Jane’s nursery I knew I wanted a light aqua color but I was too tired and pregnant to paint.  Instead I brought that color in with her roman shade.  Now that I’m re-doing her room I for sure wanted to paint the walls to freshen up the space and add some color.
I love the barely there feel of light blue walls.
 Initially I was drawn to Farrow and Ball’s Borrowed Light
 But as much as I loved the color this paint is expensive.  So on to other options!
So then there was Bay by Serena and Lily.
I really am in love with this color but it was still a little pricey and ideally I wanted something with a primer built in so I didn’t have to do as many coats.
In the end I chose Stillness by Valspar available at Lowes.
I did it in the Valspar Reserve so I could get the paint and primer in one plus it’s supposed to be washable which is great for Jane’s room since random stuff ends up on her walls all the time.
Yesterday one of my favorite local painters Gervin (801-949-2859) came out and painted her room.  I love how it turned out! I can’t wait to get the rest of the elements in this space and see it all come together!
Check out week one here
Stay tuned each week as I start to transform her room! Here are all the participants so you can follow along with everyone:
Trademarked by Calling it Home

20 Responses to ORC – Week 2 Choosing Paint

1. Lindsay Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:10 am #

Really pretty and fresh! Can't wait to see more.

2. Julia | Pawleys Island Posh Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:10 pm #

such a lovely color!

3. Julia Konya Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:15 pm #

What a great color

4. Meg / peachesandcake.com Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:24 pm #

it looks fantastic!!

5. kate@willowinteriors Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 1:38 pm #

Oh my gosh, just back from vacation and can't wait to jump in tmrw for my 4th time! I was beyond excited to see you participating (huge fan girl for years!!). And I love the color you've gone with and can't wait to see more!!! Good luck!!!

6. Kim Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm #

What a beautifully perfect backdrop color!

7. silly6 Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 4:27 pm #

I love that color. It reminds me of my living room color which is BM Woodlawn Blue. Would you be willing to share your painter? How much does that average bedroom cost to paint? I have some rooms that need painting, but I don't have the time. Thanks a ton!

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 5:06 am #

Hi! Yes I put his phone number in the post. He is great. I'm sure he can get you a quote 🙂

8. jana bek design Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 4:42 pm #

Oh I love the color your choose! So fresh! xx jana

9. Allison Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 5:22 pm #

Pretty, pretty color! Can't wait to see the rest of her room.

10. Linda {Calling it Home} Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:21 pm #

Such a lovely color. You know your painter will be busy for months after today.

11. autumn Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 3:11 am #

what a refreshing color! it is so pretty and soft and ethereal! and bonus that the walls will be scrubbable. looking forward to seeing this room come together.

12. pam {simple details} Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 3:56 am #

So pretty, Kirsten! It looks like a timeless color.

13. Jenna Sue Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 3:58 am #

Pretty! We painted our sunroom ceiling (in our Florida home) that same color and loved it. Can't wait to see what you do next week!

14. SHERRY HART Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 11:44 am #

Could not love that beautiful color more! So pretty and especially with a fabulous art collection hanging on it!

15. Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 2:01 pm #

Beautiful color!

16. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 4:13 pm #

Such a soft and beautiful color. Lucky Jane!!!

17. The Pink Pagoda Friday, April 10, 2015 at 3:07 pm #

This color is soooo pretty! It looks so light and refreshing, plus it looks like one of those colors that will work with everything! Jane's room will be fantastic!

18. Kasey Rawson Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 1:32 pm #

Beautiful color!!

19. theanatomyofdesign.com Friday, April 17, 2015 at 2:49 am #

great color…so pretty in the sunlight. I love a good room paint refresh!