ORC – Week 3 Choosing a Rug

Last week I painted Jane’s room and I’m still loving it! This week her rug arrived for her room.  I look at rugs all the time and I’m always trying to find places that have different options than what I’m used to seeing.  Lulu & Georgia has so many great options.  These were the rugs in the running!
The Kuma rug has such a pretty antique look to it and I love the deep saturated color.
This rug is so beautiful!  I love the different tones of blue in it.
I love this rug!  It was a little pink for me though.  But it would look amazing in any little girls room.
The Mirabelle Rug is more coral than the Pari which would fit her room colors better.
In the end I chose the Kuma. I wanted the room to have an overall teal base with pops of coral and pink.  I also like how dark it is. I feel like it really grounds the room.
We brought it out the other night and Jane is a fan! (in her favorite jammies 😉

Next week I’ll be talking about art and the fun pieces that I’m bringing into the space!

Stay tuned each week as I transform her room! Here are all the participants so you can follow along with everyone:
Trademarked by Calling it Home

Rug contributed by Lulu & Georgia.  All opinions are my own.

16 Responses to ORC – Week 3 Choosing a Rug

1. SHERRY HART Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:16 am #

Love your selection! And….you always pick great art!

2. Sonya Barker Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:37 am #

Gorgeous choice! Fabulous color, can't wait to see it all!!!

3. pam {simple details} Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 1:21 pm #

Gorgeous rug, Kirsten but that cutie steals the show!! 🙂

4. Anna Urbanowicz Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 4:11 pm #

Personally I like the Mirabelle Rug, but the Kuma is also pretty:)

5. jana bek design Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 4:19 pm #

I love the rug you choose, it's beautiful! And we picked the same coral print (maybe even in the same frame?!) great minds 🙂

6. Sarah Jane Marchant Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

The one you picked was my favorite. Can't wait to see the completed room in real life!

7. Leslie Davis Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

Love the rug you chose! Wanna know why? I picked one up at Target.com that is nearly identical to yours for my husband's office. Love the contrast of the aqua with the pink! It's looking great!

8. Linda {Calling it Home} Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:12 pm #

Love the rug, love the happy dance :).

9. Linda {Calling it Home} Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:12 pm #

Love the rug, love the happy dance :).

10. Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 4:30 am #

Nice choice! I have the same one in my kitchen actually. Looking forward to seeing the finishing touches done in Jane's room.

11. Simple Stylings Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 5:10 am #

I love that rug and all the other sweet choices! Can't wait to see it!

12. Tera @ TeraJanelle.com Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 1:31 pm #

Oh, all dreamy rugs!! Love your choice of the Kuma. Rich & classic, but not overly formal. ❤ Excited to watch the final pieces come into play!

13. Brian Cailsey Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 9:09 pm #

Hello, this is very interesting and very creative.
    I hope there is a good response from you, Thank you
    Vimax
    Vimax Asli
    Vimax Canada
    Vimax Indonesia

14. Claire Brody Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:13 pm #

Love the Kuma rug! And that art is adorable. Can't wait to see this space come together!

15. theanatomyofdesign.com Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:54 pm #

i love the grown up element this rug brings to the space…you can use this rug for years as the room changes…great pick!

16. Brian Cailsey Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 8:11 pm #

I look at rugs all the time and I'm always trying to find places that have different options than what I'm used to seeing. Lulu & Georgia has so many great options. These were the rugs in the running! Very amazing idea, thank you

vimax asli