ORC- Week 4 Choosing Art

I’m back to talk about choosing art for Jane’s room!

One of the biggest problems with Jane’s room is the tiny size.  I couldn’t fit a twin bed so I decided to go with a toddler bed:

I love the Jenny Lind toddler bed from Land of Nod.  I decided to push it against the far wall where the crib used to be.  One thing I started to worry about was that it would feel really low.  A bed is usually a great place to draw the eye to in a space.  You pile it with pretty pillows and put some art above it and bam you have a statement! I started to worry that this smaller bed would get lost in the room.  So I tried to think of ways to make it feel higher and bigger.  One idea I’ve had is to push it against the wall and a put the pillows against the wall to make it feel like a daybed.  I also want to put a BIG piece of art above it so that it will draw your eye up.
I went though multiple ideas.

I finally decided on the “Hello Cocky” print from minted in the 44 x 60 size. I liked how the coral balanced out all the teal.   I picked it up from the framer this week!
Jett named him “clucky”.

I also picked out some other prints for other walls in the room.

Stay tuned each week as I transform her room! Here are all the participants so you can follow along with everyone:
Trademarked by Calling it Home

Art contributed by Minted.  All opinions are my own.

, ,

14 Responses to ORC- Week 4 Choosing Art

1. Jamie Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 12:27 pm #

I love the idea of a bigger piece of statement art, what is an approximate cost to getting a 40×60 piece of art framed?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:08 pm #

That's a great question! This one cost me about $350 and that was with the cheapest frame.

2. Carrie @ Cosy Carolina Interiors Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:26 pm #

LOVE your ideas for making the bed standout and Clucky is so so fun!!! I love how much bigger it is than your daughter. 🙂 The other art is gorgeous next to that gorgeous rug, too!

3. Kimberly Duran Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:43 pm #

Love the art!! So cute! xx

4. rajnialexdesign Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:35 pm #

Love the prints! So pretty! She's a lucky girl 🙂

5. jana bek design Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:41 pm #

Oh my goodness I'm obsessed with that ginormous cookoo print! I'm cookoo for it 🙂 Love that it's bigger than her!!

6. stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 8:03 pm #

"Clucky" is sooooo good. star of the room! amazing so far. This is gonna be amazing as usual!

7. Ali Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:02 pm #

I love the one you picked!

8. Desiree' Williams Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:18 pm #

Probably a dumb question; but what program do you use on your Mac to created the collage boards?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 5:14 am #

Not dumb at all! I use photoshop.

9. Linda {Calling it Home} Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:01 am #

I love the print! It is such a great scale for this room. Perfect pop of color.

10. Reviving Charm Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 3:20 am #

You have picked some great pieces for the room. That print is so fun. And i'm loving shape of the mirror. You've incorporated a lot of fun elements.

11. BONGRANDE Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 5:17 am #

Perfect choice of artwork! Clucky is so fun & makes you smile!

12. kate@willowinteriors Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 1:12 pm #

I love big art in a small space! And Clucky is perfect! Love the other sweet arrangement you worked on as well and can't wait to see it all come together!