The Riverside House – Kitchen & Dining Reveal

I’m pretty excited about this reveal today! One of our biggest challenges in transforming the  Riverside House was the Kitchen. Our client likes light and bright with modern elements.  This was the Kitchen when we first saw the house.
What we really had to work on was deciding what to keep vs. what to replace.  We wanted to save as much of the original Kitchen as we could to cut down on cost.  So we opted to keep the cream cabinets and countertops as well as all the appliances and copper fixtures.
Off the Kitchen there is a cute little nook for studying that we also wanted to update by adding a backsplash.
And then we wanted to paint the island navy to bring in the blues from the rest of the house.
Lots to do so we got to work and this is the after!
You can see that we decided instead of three Kitchen pendants we decided to two statement fixtures.
Isn’t that blue island amazing! We feel like the blu was a good compliment to all the copper elements.
The barstools are a favorite if you have kids because they are so easy to wipe clean.

We chose to do a white backsplash beveled subway tile.  A lot of people are scared of mixing white with cream.  We just view them as two separate colors that can compliment not compete.
There was a lot of counter space in this Kitchen so we got to have fun with accessories.
The study area got an update with a new backsplash, chairs, art and accessories.

The Dining area is a favorite of ours!
Our client had a dream of having a banquette on one side so we delivered.  We had this one custom made with a wipeable vinyl front and a textured pattern on the back.
STUDY AREA – Art / Books / Butterfly Art – from Alice Lane Home Collection  / Blue Coral
The following can be ordered through us please send us an email for details and pricing houseofjadeinteriors@gmail.com  – Island Pendants / Antelope Bookends / Wishbone / Starburst / Geometric Planters / Dining Rug / Dining Light
Interested in hiring us to help with your next design project or remodel?

, , ,

8 Responses to The Riverside House – Kitchen & Dining Reveal

1. Ashley Rogers Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

This house is incredible! The transformation is just stunning, it's amazing what you can do with the right paint, furniture, and accessories.

2. Aubreyeliss88 Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 2:20 pm #

Everything you guys do is perfection. The whole house turned out amazing! Would you share where the custom bench is from and what finish option the table is?

3. Amy Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 3:43 pm #

Beautiful! Those pendant lights over the island are totally on my wishlist! Would you mind telling me what size the ones you used are – I know they come in small, medium and large.

4. Jeannine | The Small and Chic Home Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 11:01 pm #

The hood looks fantastic against the new color. WOW!

5. Vel Criste Friday, May 22, 2015 at 4:02 pm #

I'm just blown away! Wow, another fantastic job! Love the jolt of blue in the cabinetry!

BTW. I just wanted you to know that your room is one of my favorite ORC projects! Thanks again for the inspiration!

6. Vel Criste Friday, May 22, 2015 at 4:02 pm #

7. Brenna Morgan Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 2:03 pm #

All of the light fixtures you chose are fantastic! And the blue just really freshens up the space.

8. Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com Monday, May 25, 2015 at 3:20 pm #

This is gorgeous! Those pendants have always been my favorite!