Mapleton New Build Kitchen & Dining

Today we are revealing the final installment of the Mapleton Project.

The Kitchen was one of our favorite spaces to design.  We love the grays playing off the white walls.  Our client had a dark gray island in mind so we made that happen as well as dark pendants to bring it all together.

She also loves leather accents so we brought in leather dining chairs that pair nicely with the wood table. The woven head chairs add another great layer of texture! We kept the mudroom and laundry white and light gray with a graphic pop in the tile.

Overall the home has industrial elements but lots of woods and texture to still make it feel homey!

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_24

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_39

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_26

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_25

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_21

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_23

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_22

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_20

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_40

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_18

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_17

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_19

Photography by Becky Kimball

Island Pendants / Dining Light / Dining Table / Dining Chairs / Dining Head Chairs / Barstools / Desk Chair

Mudroom Tile / Laundry Lights

Wall Color – Benjamin Moore White Dove / Cabinet Color – Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray / Island Color – Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain / Countertop – Caesarstone Organic White / Floors

55 Responses to Mapleton New Build Kitchen & Dining

1. Justynn Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 7:02 am #

Love the kitchen!

Overally love the feel. I might remove one of the bar stools and maybe change out the head chairs but I love the rest!

2. Annie Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 9:52 am #

Amazing! This kitchen is just perfect!
    Will you share a source for the backsplash tile please.
    Also, do you remember about how long the island is?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:01 am #

Thanks so much Annie. The backsplash came from a local store called Old World Stone and is carerra marble with gold veining. The island is 8′ long.

3. Michelle @ Ten June Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm #

Love every bit of this project. Great job!!

4. Beth Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 1:26 pm #

Any chance you would share the backsplash info? This is the prettiest kitchen I have ever seen. Great job!

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:00 am #

Thanks Beth! The backsplash came from a local store called Old World Stone and is carerra marble with gold veining

5. Lori Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 3:46 pm #

Beautiful!

6. Nicole Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 7:58 pm #

What a lovely grey! Not dark but not too light. I may have to reconsider the black/white combo I was thinking for my kitchen Reno. Beautiful job ladies.

7. Gretchen Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 2:53 pm #

love! any chance you could share the paint colors for the island and the cabinets?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 4:22 pm #

Island color is Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain and Cabinet color is Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray

• Alissa Geise Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 8:44 am #

QUESTION:
        This kitchen is gorgeous!! We are in the process of picking out a gray paint color for our cabinets and found this kitchen as our inspiration. I purchased the color mindful gray and painted it on the wall and it looks really dark. I went to the store and had them lighten it 75%, 50% and 25%. The 25% of mindful gray looks more like what is in this kitchen. Do you happen tho know if the paint was lightened at all? Thank you so much!! Alissa

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 7:58 pm #

The paint was not lightened that we know of. The photography makes the paint look lighter with the different lighting and editing. Sorry if this doesn’t help you too much. If you like the Mindful Gray ligthened we think you should use it 🙂

8. Carrie Friday, February 19, 2016 at 7:11 am #

Beautiful! Love all the layered elements.
    All pics on the blog are very blurry for me. I’m viewing on an iPad. Usually it works great for your site.

9. SHelby Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:42 am #

I hate to add to the source questions, but I was wondering where you got the canisters on the open shelves? I love how they tie back into the natural colors of the kitchen, especially with the wood tops, but aren’t all white.

• Kirsten Krason Friday, February 19, 2016 at 1:08 pm #

So sorry but I’m not sure where you can purchase them. But we bought them at Alice Lane Home Collection.

10. Holly Monday, February 22, 2016 at 8:24 am #

Beautiful space!! Where did you get the barn door hardware for the laundry room door?

11. Rachel Monday, February 22, 2016 at 9:55 pm #

Ok here I go asking a question too😁I have seen you ladies put a big potted plant on the dining table, nice and large and uncluttered. I love it! Any chance you can tell me the source for the pot/planter? I love it, I can actually keep a fern alive! Lol! You ladies do such great work!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 10:07 am #

We got this one at Alice Lane Home Collection but we often pick up great planters at Pottery Barn, West Elm and Crate and Barrel!

• Rachel Koustik Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm #

Thank you SO much! If Alice Lane decided to branch out and put a store in AZ, they would do SO well, I just know it! Lol! And I would be broke!

12. Amanda Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

Beautiful. Can you tell me about the floating shelves over the desk?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:22 pm #

Hi Amanda! The builder custom made them.

13. Angie Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 10:24 pm #

I absolutely love everything about this design! My question is about the ship lap in the mudroom. What type of material do you use? Also it looks wider that some I’ve seen, any idea how wide the boards are?

14. Danielle Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 8:36 pm #

Are the stools gold or do they just appear that way? I tried the link but didn’t see gold as an option.

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 2:41 pm #

They’re silver. It’s the lighting that makes it appear gold. Sorry!

15. lindsay Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:36 pm #

any chance you know the builder of this home or what floor plan it is?

• Kirsten Krason Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:18 am #

The builder was a family friend of the client that normally does commercial building.

16. Shayla Cantrell Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:20 am #

One question 😳 I love the dinning table. I have been searching high and low for a dinning table like that one. Any change you would the manufactor?

17. Linda Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 8:47 am #

love the floors can you tell me if they are real wood. we have real wood white oak and trying to get the reclaimed wood look. Love the kitchen!!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 2:56 pm #

They are real hardwood floors 🙂

18. Dana Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:48 am #

Sorry if I missed it – What is the brand of the cabinets? Love them.

• Kirsten Krason Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 9:46 pm #

They’re custom.

19. Robyn Monday, May 16, 2016 at 9:36 am #

Absolutely loved it all. Is there a chance of having a wider view of picture number 10. I would love to see how the two different floorings look together.

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 7:58 pm #

Unfortunately no.

20. Laura Murphy Monday, June 20, 2016 at 7:00 am #

Hi! I LOVE the floors. Just wanting to confirm that the floors are: Provenza Heirloom Dublin Wirebrushed. That’s where the link goes to but just want to be sure! Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Friday, July 1, 2016 at 1:54 pm #

Yes it is! We love it!

21. Sarie Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:13 pm #

This is beautiful! You gals rock! Thanks for the lovely photos!

22. Betsy Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 9:55 am #

Would love to know if those are IKEA cabinet pulls? Thank you so much!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 7:01 pm #

No they’re not from IKEA.

• Becca Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 4:49 pm #

Great design! Where did you purchase your cabinet pulls?

23. Danielle Friday, October 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm #

Love this!; Do you mind sharing the paint finish you used on the cabinets and walls (eggshell, satin?). They’re stunning 💕

24. Lindsy Monday, November 7, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

Is that Mindful Gray at 100%? It looks much lighter than the sample I put on our cabinets, but I love it in this photo. Considering taking it to 50%.

25. Hannah Monday, November 14, 2016 at 11:43 am #

Hi I’m curious what type and color are these counter tops?

26. Kristy Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 12:59 pm #

You girls never fail to disappoint! I’m wowed by this project. So elegant and luxe!! Congratulations ❤️

27. Leah Gutierrrez Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 10:03 am #

Where are the pendant lights from? Love them!

28. Ana Maria Monday, December 26, 2016 at 9:25 pm #

Hello, love the kitchen cabinet color (mindful gray) but what finish is this? Do you know by chance? I’m looking to paint our kitchen cabinets and having a hard time deciding what color but I’m starting to think that the finish is also super important when it comes to the color. Your help is appreciated 🙂

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 7:55 pm #

We aren’t sure of the cabinet finish, it has been a while since we have designed this space. We are pretty sure it is just a normal wood cabinet finish. Sorry if that isn’t much help :/

29. Melissa Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm #

Just beautiful!!! Love the combination of colours in this modern kitchen…gorgeous work.

30. Christine Friday, December 30, 2016 at 6:30 pm #

Can you tell me the wall height and cabinet height?

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 10:41 pm #

We are so sorry we no longer have that information.

31. Christina Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 1:21 pm #

Just beautiful!!! Do you have info about cabinet pulls?